COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

(edited)
1 hour ago, Ender said:

The jurong fishery port supposed to have 80% vaccinated. But yet the spread is fast and wide.  Don't know if some of the super spreaders are among the infected vaccinated group?

Consperm then vaccine cannot prevent infection, only reduce the severity then. Non asspert says one. 

And from HK assperts - treat it like flu, as we are going to get herd immunity:

Forget herd immunity, better to prepare to live with Covid-19: experts

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3142385/forget-herd-immunity-hong-kong-experts-say-better

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

(edited)

even spore cases are manageable at low 3-digits, Delta covid still spreading like wild fire

here are the TOP 10  new cases ... and 5 out of the 10 concern spore ... where we get people from this country

and India only has 900+ new cases? i no believe .... [sly] 

2021-07-24_222250.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic
13 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Consperm then vaccine cannot prevent infection, only reduce the severity then. Non asspert says one. 

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3142385/forget-herd-immunity-hong-kong-experts-say-better

I guess this also what our gahment meant when they say endemic living.  Only with vaccination, can we treat it like a flu. Every one we know will most likely be a asymtomic infected carry on with our life. 

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

even spore cases are manageable at low 3-digits, Delta covid still spreading like wild fire

here are the TOP 10  .... and 5 out of the 10 concern spore ... where we get people from this country

and India only has 900+ new cases? i no believe .... [sly] 

2021-07-24_222250.jpg

Not yet fully updated. Check the update tomorrow morning before 9am. When all country is updated for the day before.

After 9am+, number will ge reset fir next day update.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

My mom and auntie got quarantine got 14 days for visiting the Clementi and Redhill Market. Anyone else kena? 

This is what living with the virus is about. 👏

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Wt_know said:

definetely need another 2 weeks to break the chain ... [sweatdrop] 

Looks like the unlinked cases and the ktv cluster reducing? Now must see the Jurong Fishery Port cluster if the cases will go down in coming next 1-2 week?

• Sad 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

My mom and auntie got quarantine got 14 days for visiting the Clementi and Redhill Market. Anyone else kena? 

One of my whatsapp CG friend kenna for visiting whampoa market. his  started yesterday But who knows he may be from the KTV cluster...hahaha

Edited by Ender
  • Haha! 6

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

@Volvobrick 

Actually it is very confusing. 

If observations showed that even with vaccination, there can still be widespread infection among the already vaccinated, that would meant that they suffer similar like those who are not vaccinated except the severe form. Then again how they compare the severe form in vaccinated versus non vaccinated. If your non vaccinated group is larger, the chance of severe form appearing is higher. In addition, if the non vaccinated group includes many who cannot be vaccinated due to medical condition and those elderly whose immunity is already low due to age and chronic disease, this group if caught any bugs would also likely to present as the severe form.

The reason why the question above is because we are trying to achieve herd immunity via vaccination. We also know children are very much less likely to catch or present with the severe form. They have robust immune system and hence do they need the vaccine. We have to remember that the vaccine largely does NOT prevent the infection. Even if vaccinated still can be a carrier and spread. 

We have to wait for UK and see what happens in the coming weeks.

Turbocharged
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Is it because they were carrying token with them and then got linked? Afaik for the markets they only encourage people to go for swab test if visited during certain period. It's terrible if you just dropped by for a while to tarbao food and get Q for 14 days. This Q is at home I suppose? More like self isolation

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Is it because they were carrying token with them and then got linked? Afaik for the markets they only encourage people to go for swab test if visited during certain period. It's terrible if you just dropped by for a while to tarbao food and get Q for 14 days. This Q is at home I suppose? More like self isolation

Nowadays go to food centre to dabao food also scary, cause if that food centre suddenly become a covid cluster, can ended up ask to QO. Or even sway kanna covid just to go there dabao. But many times i might also forgotten which day did i went to the food centre, since no do safe entry check-in at food centre.

Maybe go coffeeshop dabao safer a bit? Since so far no hear covid cluster at coffeeshop?

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Accodring my friend who kenna the QO, it was just that, go  whampoa to tao pao an kenna because of TT token.

The QO is 'staycation' in one of the hotel. But he waited more than a day, the certis pickup never arrived pick him up. Then don't know how he spoke to the MOH until they allow him to do it at home. They sent soemone down to his home to do the test.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Ender said:

Accodring my friend who kenna the QO, it was just that, go  whampoa to tao pao an kenna because of TT token.

The QO is 'staycation' in one of the hotel. But he waited more than a day, the certis pickup never arrived pick him up. Then don't know how he spoke to the MOH until they allow him to do it at home. They sent soemone down to his home to do the test.

Guess too many QO going on until MOH and certis also can forget?

But i still dont understand why need to serve QO even the place the person went become a covid cluster le? Unless the person has close contact with a covid person. But if just appear in that place also can kanna QO? Also thought only whampoa wet market is covid cluster, the hawker centre opposite is not right? If go to hawker centre dabao also kanna QO really sway. Unless the person went inside the wet market lo. So far MOH no encourage people who visited whampoa wet market to come forward to do swab test right? So means the situation there still not very bad.

Edited by 13177
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
(edited)
On 7/23/2021 at 10:07 AM, inlinesix said:

It seems like copy and pastes MoH Press Release since "MOH did not provide further details regarding Case 64697".

No indication of any question being raised.

This cluster 64697 has another 5 new cases with a total of 63 cases now.  

Source https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-moh-new-cases-july-24-woman-dies-bukit-merah-cluster-15284698

cluster24Jul-1.jpg

Edited by Starry