COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

Supersonic
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Today 117 community cases

- 46 Jurong Fishery Market

- 5 KTV

- 38 unlinked 

KTV cases went down to single digit liao?! 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

becos they claimed go mkt buy fish! whahahahahahaha..

• Haha! 9

(edited)
13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

It is not implausible. It's been about 2 weeks (one incubation period) since the news of the KTV cluster broke, which means they would already have ring fenced the cluster. 

The 5 KTV cluster-linked cases you're seeing now are those who've turned positive near the tail end of the incubation. They are actually not of major concern epidemiologically as they should already be under quarantine.

The unlinked cases are the concern. They are the "ripple effect" cases spawned by primary clusters such as the KTV or the fishmonger cluster (or even unknown sporadic cases). And as they are unlinked, we neither know (yet) where they acquired it, nor to whom they passed it. They could very well already have started secondary clusters of their own. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 6

On 7/24/2021 at 6:52 PM, Giordanogavin said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/high-number-of-unlinked-cases-may-not-be-worrying-say-experts

High number of unlinked cases may not be worrying, say experts

Asspert already said unlinked case mai kia 🤪

10 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

It is not implausible. It's been about 2 weeks (one incubation period) since the news of the KTV cluster broke, which means they would already have ring fenced the cluster. 

The 5 KTV cluster-linked cases you're seeing now are those who've turned positive near the tail end of the incubation. They are actually not of major concern epidemiologically as they should already be under quarantine.

The unlinked cases are the concern. They are the "ripple effect" cases spawned by primary clusters such as the KTV or the fishmonger cluster (or even unknown sporadic cases). And as they are unlinked, we neither know (yet) where they acquired it, nor to whom they passed it. They could very well already have started secondary clusters of their own. 

Asspert said no worry leh. I only trust the asspert 🙄

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Pregnant or covid?

DT was positive that covid would mysteriously gone away...then he was tested positive for covid...🤣

donald-trump-approval-rating.jpg

191212-donald-trump-gty-773.jpg

Just spoke with my auntie who is currently under quarantine at home. She went to Redhill Market to buy fish and meat, and was there for less than 30 min only. She also has no token but her Bluetooth was turned on (that's how MOH knew she was in the vicinity of someone who was positive). She was called by MOH who also asked her if she preferred to be quarantined in hotel or home, and she chose home. A few days into her quarantine, they came to test her and thankfully, she was negative but she still need to serve until the end of 14 days. They also offer to test everyone in her family who stay with her. All was negative.

My auntie said she is super suay to be quarantined like that. And her neighbours now siam her like plague.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

I cycled late last night and stopped over at Changi village/ beach, it was surprisingly crowded with many many groups of more than 2 (some as big as 15). 

I came home with a very pessimistic view of where we are going. Hope I am wrong. I am doubling up my effort to get people I know to be vaccinated. 

• Praise 6

6 hours ago, Mustank said:

Heng my app show no kena anything 

hmmmm…. Wonder why :XD:

I was at clementi market on 15 July to buy satay,  and I am sure I was in the queue for close to 30min.  The date fell inside the 7July window,  my Bluetooth is always on, and my TT  show " no possible expose" and nobody from MOH called me.  ^_^[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Vaccinated,  mask on,  social distancing,  will still tio?  

i think you have done well ... > 1 meter

that's why your BT never *exchange info kisses* with another BT ... LOL

BT = bluetooth ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

All that can still tio because of delta virus's infectiousness. Vaccines don't prevent infection by this variant. Masks are not perfect barriers and deteriorate with use (especially with dampening). Social distancing is almost impossible to observe perfectly, especially with coughers, sneezers, loud talkers etc. in the vicinity and people jostling here and there. 

And you haven't even accounted for all possibilities. Contact and ingestion, for instance. Jiak durian can tio. You see the way they man the stalls, open the durian, handle the fruit (use bare thumb to flick the fruit into the styrofoam tubs, a thumb that was on their damp mask or ciggie butt just before), leave the knife on the table with countless peoples' secretions settling on it etc. etc. It is *not* a hygienic environment. 

Unless you're prepared to buy the fruit completely unopened and sanitise the outside with food grade disinfectant before opening it yourself. I am now convinced this is the only safe way to enjoy the rest of the season. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

7 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

All that can still tio because of delta virus's infectiousness. Vaccines don't prevent infection by this variant. Masks are not perfect barriers and deteriorate with use (especially with dampening). Social distancing is almost impossible to observe perfectly, especially with coughers, sneezers, loud talkers etc. in the vicinity and people jostling here and there. 

And you haven't even accounted for all possibilities. Contact and ingestion, for instance. Jiak durian can tio. You see the way they man the stalls, open the durian, handle the fruit (use bare thumb to flick the fruit into the styrofoam tubs, a thumb that was on their damp mask or ciggie butt just before), leave the knife on the table with countless peoples' secretions settling on it etc. etc. It is *not* a hygienic environment. 

Unless you're prepared to buy the fruit completely unopened and sanitise the outside with food grade disinfectant before opening it yourself. I am now convinced this is the only safe way to enjoy the rest of the season. 

For durians, i will take the risk. Wahaha.

• Haha! 9

2 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

For durians, i will take the risk. Wahaha.

Well, can you then blame the guys who took the risk for some other kinds of fruits like "melons" at the KTVs? Especially as there wasn't actually an outbreak at the time? 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

I cycled late last night and stopped over at Changi village/ beach, it was surprisingly crowded with many many groups of more than 2 (some as big as 15). 

I came home with a very pessimistic view of where we are going. Hope I am wrong. I am doubling up my effort to get people I know to be vaccinated. 

Ya, people still crowded with more than 2. Just now walked past a group of delivery guys, all gathered together of more than 2 resting and chit chatting.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

I was at clementi market on 15 July to buy satay,  and I am sure I was in the queue for close to 30min.  The date fell inside the 7July window,  my Bluetooth is always on, and my TT  show " no possible expose" and nobody from MOH called me.  ^_^[laugh][laugh]

You heng lo, maybe no covid people around you that time, so no trigger your TT. But ah MOH got encourage people who visited the food centre during that period stated to go for free swab test le. No need to wait for MOH to call de. 😅

Edited by 13177
  • Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Knowing the durian handlers and how hygienic they are, I was always harbouring thoughts about microwaving durians. 🤣

Or just buying those XO type. Just kidding. 

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
50 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

If a person already done all these above, but their hands still anywhere and anyhow touch here touch there, no wash hands properly and use sanitizer and then touch their face also no use la.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

Ok. Then it is not by default then. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2