COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

7 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Ok. Then it is not by default then. 

I really dont know also....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

56 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

All that can still tio because of delta virus's infectiousness. Vaccines don't prevent infection by this variant. Masks are not perfect barriers and deteriorate with use (especially with dampening). Social distancing is almost impossible to observe perfectly, especially with coughers, sneezers, loud talkers etc. in the vicinity and people jostling here and there. 

And you haven't even accounted for all possibilities. Contact and ingestion, for instance. Jiak durian can tio. You see the way they man the stalls, open the durian, handle the fruit (use bare thumb to flick the fruit into the styrofoam tubs, a thumb that was on their damp mask or ciggie butt just before), leave the knife on the table with countless peoples' secretions settling on it etc. etc. It is *not* a hygienic environment. 

Unless you're prepared to buy the fruit completely unopened and sanitise the outside with food grade disinfectant before opening it yourself. I am now convinced this is the only safe way to enjoy the rest of the season. 

heng I know how to choose, clean, open and store those ah lians......[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

I was at clementi market on 15 July to buy satay,  and I am sure I was in the queue for close to 30min.  The date fell inside the 7July window,  my Bluetooth is always on, and my TT  show " no possible expose" and nobody from MOH called me.  ^_^[laugh][laugh]

Or very likely that the TT is not as dumb as we think. Those that get HRW or QO must have exchanged signal with the confirmed positive case.

Edited by Sosaria

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

The unlinked cases are the concern. They are the "ripple effect" cases spawned by primary clusters such as the KTV or the fishmonger cluster (or even unknown sporadic cases). And as they are unlinked, we neither know (yet) where they acquired it, nor to whom they passed it. They could very well already have started secondary clusters of their own. 

Could have caught it on our crowded public transport. Then becomes unlinked especially if they are not carrying token and phone bluetooth not switched on. MRT and buses don't require check-in.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Unless you're prepared to buy the fruit completely unopened and sanitise the outside with food grade disinfectant before opening it yourself. I am now convinced this is the only safe way to enjoy the rest of the season. 

Thought the virus does not survive long on surfaces, especially in our hot weather ? Leave those durians alone for a few hours should be very very safe already [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

the actual algorithm to decide who is close contact guess only they know.

sometimes i at home with my TT On on my phone i got thousands of exchanges.. i oso don understand why..

Anyway now got another variant; Lambda in Peru and seem pushing up the death toll.. 

by the time we are finished, we will all be experts in the greek alphabet.

• Haha! 6

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I was at clementi market on 15 July to buy satay,  and I am sure I was in the queue for close to 30min.  The date fell inside the 7July window,  my Bluetooth is always on, and my TT  show " no possible expose" and nobody from MOH called me.  ^_^[laugh][laugh]

I think I went there at least 2-3 time to the market and hawker centre in past week, so far nothing pick up from moh [sweatdrop]

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

I think I went there at least 2-3 time to the market and hawker centre in past week, so far nothing pick up from moh [sweatdrop]

So you did not go for the free swab test?

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Thought the virus does not survive long on surfaces, especially in our hot weather ? Leave those durians alone for a few hours should be very very safe already [laugh]

They are exposing the flesh of the durian to their secretions. Those seeds are either eaten soon after or kept in the fridge. Either way, the virus will likely persist in an infectious state.

So buying vacuum sealed seeds is unsafe in my view. 

The unopened fruit is safe, as long as you disinfect the outside yourself before opening. 

I can't think of a non-destructive way to safely disinfect opened durian seeds before consumption. UV light may hold some promise but I'm not sure how effective it will be in this application. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic

Like that those fruits like apple also might not be safe? Since the skin is touched by many people?

Hypersonic
(edited)

Why the Delta variants is so tranmissable compare to the original? This video says that the Delta has more than 1000 times the virus load than the original variant. And also short incubation, means the infected will start spreading as soon as 3 days upon first exposed. 

There are so much more virus for each sneeze, cough, each stain on the door knob with delta

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 3

26 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Like that those fruits like apple also might not be safe? Since the skin is touched by many people?

You can (should) wash the outside of the apple before consumption. Even water (never use ordinary soap on fruits and veggies) will reduce risk substantially. 

Do you wash durian seeds before consumption? Bet you it'll be a massive waste of flesh, flavour and money. 

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged

Just curious how MOH will contact us in the event we kena...cos nowadays i dun pick up calls with +65 in front..afraid of scams..so hopefully they better call me from a proper govt landline.. 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
8 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Could have caught it on our crowded public transport. Then becomes unlinked especially if they are not carrying token and phone bluetooth not switched on. MRT and buses don't require check-in.

I believed Check in tell you WHERE, TT tell you WHO

so if wanna trace knowing Where to look for made it easier. If no check in the unlink case just need more effort n time as now they can only pull data from the Positive WHO (assuming he did check in) which made ten of thousands of exchanges during that period. So i guess under this scenario they can only issued "Warning' possible exposure" at the location and period while continue to Trace

Made worse if the Positive WHO did not Check in.. like those PIVOTED F&B cases.. No WHERE No Time just made data analytics more challenging.. so need to deploy other mean like surveillance camera etc..

Do our part;  do Check in and Out to allow tracing easier.

Edited by Ody_2004
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3