COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I'm arguing your statement that "you cant stall the economy indefinitely" using real numbers. The economy is not stalled even during P2HA but grew. It has gone in completely opposite direction regardless of low or high base.

well, have to shore up confidence.

If the numbers is still in the red, but lighter shade of red, who wants to invest ..

I can only hope that the light at the end of a tunnel, is not a train coming towards us.

I like being a cautious optimistic person

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement

36 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

well, have to shore up confidence.

If the numbers is still in the red, but lighter shade of red, who wants to invest ..

I can only hope that the light at the end of a tunnel, is not a train coming towards us.

I like being a cautious optimistic person

The outside world economy has ticked up in 2021 with the US and EU getting back to some form of work and re-starting exports to major markets. Investments have been made recently on the promise we're over the worst and vaccines prevent illness.

China is, well, China and very much back to speed internally and sucking up all the world's commodities for use and hoarding. Projects are back and people are buying things, more replacements required, same as in Europe, after widespread flooding etc. Obviously, that not a large $$ but my point was more that things tend to tick up when life can get through an open door and into a wider community but at some point, at the moment, there is still only so far we can travel.

I think SQ were flying something like only 4-5% of capacity this time last year but now is much higher. I don't know what it is but 10-15% of seat capacity maybe, with the bulk of income still coming from freight. Income has improved a lot since last year but is still lose making obviously.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

well, this is also a so call"disruption? probably can become/re invent from hotel 81 cousin.. Hotel 8100 ....

Err...

All the Atas hotel can also pivot to "休息酒店" / "钟点酒店"。

Similar to TW, they have such services. 

Mainly for domestic needs..

Edited by Twister
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

I'm arguing your statement that "you cant stall the economy indefinitely" using real numbers. The economy is not stalled even during P2HA but grew. It has gone in completely opposite direction regardless of low or high base.

This type economy growth only enjoyed by certain people while a whole lot are have no jobs and business.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Ender said:

This type economy growth only enjoyed by certain people while a whole lot are have no jobs and business.

I still dont understand during this covid period, it seems like quite many people and business got affected, no jobs or business closed down etc. And yet economy still growth and property price so high and COE also so high? And many people still spend a lot.

Hypersonic
4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I still dont understand during this covid period, it seems like quite many people and business got affected, no jobs or business closed down etc. And yet economy still growth and property price so high and COE also so high? And many people still spend a lot.

sheng siong staffs are smiling though.. hahahaha.

• Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

It shows that there is a lot of liquidity within our system.  Some of this liquidity could be hot $$$ from HK.

• Praise 3

The CDC quietly changed its guidance to say even vaccinated people should get tested if they've been exposed to COVID-19

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-quietly-changed-guidance-even-183418244.html

"Some vaccinated people infected with the Delta variant after vaccination may be contagious and spread the virus to others," Walensky said Tuesday afternoon on a press call. "This new science is worrisome and unfortunately warrants an update to our recommendations."

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Private property market got lots of foreign money came in coz Sg is safe haven. As usual other countries turn to sh*t Sg "benefit" by getting more foreign money

HDB is coz all the BTO delay and young couple buay tahan wait 6 years for flat so resale market upzzz is same problem as 2010 era shortage

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Weez911 said:

So how should we "open up"? And how does that "opening up" help our economy during a pandemic??

It hinges on the definition.. if from pandemic u have herd immunisation n change to endemic

so  then it’s like the seasonal flu.. don’t need to lock down. Don’t need to wear mask..

I will go so far as to copy a phase .. don’t xia suay.. if not sick don’t wear mask.. 

but as I say I am an alarmists.. I see delta n delta plus .. u think I dare to take mask down meh …

but don’t open up also jiatlat.. people in the construction industry cannot get workers ..

on the bright side, the amount of oversupply of private property should have evaporated… 

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Ender said:

sheng siong staffs are smiling though.. hahahaha.

Can see from the sheng siong show that they are doing super good. Can give out so much cash in the show. Lol.

Even China getting challenged...

CNA - Delta variant drives COVID-19 spread to 3 China provinces

Officials in Jiangsu have locked down hundreds of thousands of residents, Lu Jing, a member of the epidemic prevention taskforce told on reporters Thursday.

"Internet cafes, gyms, cinemas and karaoke bars and even libraries in Nanjing have been shut down," he said.

The city has tested all 9.2 million residents twice as officials rush to curb the spread of the disease, he said, adding the highly contagious Delta variant is posing challenges to containment efforts.

Sooner or later, endemicity may not be a question of choice.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
(edited)
3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Bro....pple around us will always keep ranting about their hardship, cos that's how human nature is.

But we all know that while certain sectors are doom and gloom, some other sectors are having a boom town like never before.  So from the overall economy perspective, it should  not be that bad since good sectors will cover the  unlucky sectors. The biggest pie of the economy is in manufacturing, so as long that doesn't stop churning, the economy should be still good.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
38 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

Officials in Jiangsu have locked down hundreds of thousands of residents, Lu Jing, a member of the epidemic prevention taskforce told on reporters Thursday.

"Internet cafes, gyms, cinemas and karaoke bars and even libraries in Nanjing have been shut down," he said.

The city has tested all 9.2 million residents twice as officials rush to curb the spread of the disease, he said, adding the highly contagious Delta variant is posing challenges to containment efforts.

Possible that China is going to struggle with delta variant, since their vaccine is not particular effective.

But if they clampdown really hard, (unlike USA), then they may contain the delta.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

44 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

3 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Possible that China is going to struggle with delta variant, since their vaccine is not particular effective.

But if they clampdown really hard, (unlike USA), then they may contain the delta.

Nanjing will conduct 2nd round of mass testing in a month.

It is likely due to Delta variant

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Nanjing will conduct 2nd round of mass testing in a month.

It is likely due to Delta variant

this is very worrying .. if china cannot clampdown delta spread ...

now whole world already facing chip shortage ... if china output further reduced .... ho say liao!

Just now, Wt_know said:

this is very worrying .. if china cannot clampdown delta spread ...

now whole world already facing chip shortage ... if china output further reduced .... ho say liao!

I trust China can clampdown.

Just mass test and quarantine.

The cycle continues until no Delta.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1