COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

By the looks of it, think next year cny can don’t don’t call people come again woohooooooo!!!!! :XD:

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Most of the time, no idea where will the bus end up.

Yah.

My pino colleague  who PR, went back to attend mother funeral.

Return back last week was quarantine at Royal Plaza Scott's. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Second way is to meet radx in real life? Damn…..

Ai meetup Mai?😂

• Shocked 1

CDC most recent report on the Delta Variant

Direct link to the report, https://context-cdn.washingtonpost.com/notes/prod/default/documents/54f57708-a529-4a33-9a44-b66d719070d9/note/753667d6-8c61-495f-b669-5308f2827155.#page=1

Highly Transmissable, but fully vaccinated lower the chance of infection by 8 folds.

image.thumb.png.080cb5be1a1b4510efc7fab92451d809.png

Below chart say Delta is as infectious as chicken pox,  but they are as deadly as the original variant.

image.thumb.png.201b8012f30f13fb827f5df654d2cf80.png

image.thumb.png.906a9b1a34237c834da446b7ee8fe59b.png

NPIs is their SMM-> https://www.cdc.gov/nonpharmaceutical-interventions/index.html

Singapore should do their own assessment report on the Delta variant and share it to see if ours is similar. 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 4

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Of course he knows. You think he's stupid? 

Vaccinated people definitely acquire this virus and definitely transmit it. But they fall seriously ill less frequently then the unvaccinated. 

Basically what he wants, and what the gahmen wants, is to reduce the number of unvaccinated individuals in the population. 

There are two ways to do it. 

One is by pushing the vaccination effort and trying to be persuasive. They've already tried that. 

The other is...well, I'll let you guess what the other is. Here's a picture hint. 

Grim-Reaper-300x300.jpg.fa1f7dbd5583f862c6e5aaa08bd6b1a1.jpg

The narrative here is to basically scare those left unvaccinated into getting it done asap. 

But even if that doesn't work, the second way is dead sure. 

Bro.....when comes to the experts ,  I will always remember this

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/wuhan-virus-masks-singapore-false-sense-security-experts-12370522

Also speaking on the podcast, Professor Dale Fisher, who chairs the WHO’s Global Outbreak and Alert Response Network added: "Masks, I think by and large, offer a false sense of security in the community.

"I'd like to discourage masks in the community. I think they're excellent in the healthcare setting where trained people look after sick people," he added.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 6

1 hour ago, Nolicense said:

tell them vaccinated can withdraw cpf.. lol

No need. Just give free "limited edition" Hello Kitty toys will do. Everything, just call it "limited edition", will entice people.
Remember the crazy queue at McDonalds?

• Haha! 3

10 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Assperts talking again.

"There's thus selective pressure for viruses to be milder to keep their host out of hospital so they can seed more infections."

We can only hope we are not infected with virus that are not selected for replication. ie those that kill their hosts!

I think it is a test balloon, preparing us to ignore the asymptomatic cases and just let them infect others (hopefully vaccinated) till the weaker ones die off and only the stronger ones remain.

tenor.gif.2ab0a96591c5f1676fa2f40cfdc190da.gif

Of the 604 COVID-19 patients in hospital, how true is it that most are well and only warded for observation? If they are really asymptomatic, why should they be even warded and taking up finite resources? And if these 604 patients have some symptoms, such as pneumonia, breathing difficulties, is it OK to consider them as without any health risks? 

I lost count of how many times I have said these since the start of this pandemic. It may be started with just a handful of personnel affected, but if we do not tighten our controls (multiple aspects, not just SMM or vaccination), we will see a sudden surge in hospitalization rate, more needs for ICU, and death rate will shoot up when our healthcare system get overwhelmed. No rocket science here.

10 hours ago, Voodooman said:

CDC says 74% of people in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/cdc-study-shows-74percent-of-people-infected-in-massachusetts-covid-outbreak-were-fully-vaccinated.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Overall, 274 vaccinated patients with a breakthrough infection were symptomatic, according to the CDC. The most common side effects were cough, headache, sore throat, muscle pain and fever. Among five Covid patients who were hospitalized, four were fully vaccinated, according to the agency. No deaths were reported.

Testing identified the delta variant in 90% of specimens from 133 patients.

While numerous studies have shown that the vaccines don’t work as well against the delta variant as they did against other strains, health officials say they are still highly effective, especially in protecting against severe illness and death. Roughly 97% of new hospitalizations and 99.5% of deaths in the U.S. are among unvaccinated individuals, U.S. health officials repeated this week.

The CDC also said the data has limitations. The agency noted that as population-level vaccination coverage increases, vaccinated persons are likely to represent a larger proportion of Covid cases. Additionally, asymptomatic breakthrough infections might be underrepresented because of detection bias, the agency said.

Ostrich Effect / Mentality

ostrich_effect1-7c6d5ea01a1c7314c8393ff0

Hear only the good things... And that's how we achieve our GOLD standard. [shakehead]

G90.5+Tennis,+'only+hear+the+good+stuff'

• Praise 12
  • Haha! 2

34 minutes ago, Starry said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/wuhan-virus-masks-singapore-false-sense-security-experts-12370522

Also speaking on the podcast, Professor Dale Fisher, who chairs the WHO’s Global Outbreak and Alert Response Network added: "Masks, I think by and large, offer a false sense of security in the community.

"I'd like to discourage masks in the community. I think they're excellent in the healthcare setting where trained people look after sick people," he added.

It was the same Fisherman speaking.....

First and foremost, all of them are employees and can't/won't go against what their untrained bosses say/want. Not like the group of good doctors who advocated otherwise in the open letter and kena hamtam. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

20 hours ago, Voodooman said:

If vaccination doesn't stop transmission, it is going to get endemic and may never disappear for a long long time (if ever). 

We need to be prepared to spend perhaps another $100b? $300b? to buy time (possibly more lockdown as even "airtight" China and continental Australia are fxxking up) for more effective vaccines to emerge, to continue to pump prime the economy and save jobs? 

Better pray that the vaccination plan works, otherwise most of us are fxxked. Don't even need to talk about reopening. 

Booster shots annually for those that are fully vaccinated.

In other words, you'll can never be 'fully vaccinated' :grin:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Soon, they will even stop announcing how many clusters because there’s simply too many and they are ‘not useful’.

Better dont know better than knowing so much. So that people no need to scare and fear. 

3 hours ago, Blueray said:

want more ppl to get vaccinated ?

tell them once vaccinated, NTUC, MRT, bus, SP bill etc 20% discount for 2 years.

simple. [scholar]

I think want more people to get vaccinated, should bring in non mRNA vaccine fast, i guess vaccination rate will go up a lot.

20 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Booster shots annually for those that are fully vaccinated.

In other words, you'll can never be 'fully vaccinated' :grin:

You can never be fully vaccinated against NEW Variant.

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Of course he knows. You think he's stupid? 

Vaccinated people definitely acquire this virus and definitely transmit it. But they fall seriously ill less frequently then the unvaccinated. 

Basically what he wants, and what the gahmen wants, is to reduce the number of unvaccinated individuals in the population. 

There are two ways to do it. 

One is by pushing the vaccination effort and trying to be persuasive. They've already tried that. 

The other is...well, I'll let you guess what the other is. Here's a picture hint. 

Grim-Reaper-300x300.jpg.fa1f7dbd5583f862c6e5aaa08bd6b1a1.jpg

The narrative here is to basically scare those left unvaccinated into getting it done asap. 

But even if that doesn't work, the second way is dead sure. 

Actually you hit the nail on the head ... lets say we follow UK and open backside big big since our vaccination numbers are similar... well UK death numbers might look good right now because they already slaughtered thousands of their own most vulnerable in the last 18 months.

We havent taken this step so our reopening got lots of our most vulnerable still alive... for now...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Starry said:

His credibility has been bankrupt since Day 1 of the outbreak 😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

8 hours ago, RadX said:

Why ah they mention the Chinese city and not say east Asia? This is fottthe latest flight ban

that time they say South Asia wor

All parts of Asia are equals. But some parts of Asia are more equal than the others 😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

It was the same Fisherman speaking.....

First and foremost, all of them are employees and can't/won't go against what their untrained bosses say/want. Not like the group of good doctors who advocated otherwise in the open letter and kena hamtam. 

How come untrained people are often appointed as the bosses?? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5