COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

10 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

That's why I said earlier every year pump mRNA into body huat ah.

It's like playing Russian Roulette isn't it?

BUT in the end, the benefits outweigh the risks. 

look at the result of and efficiency everywhere . i not pumping any more mrna vaccine into my body after this 2 shots 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

That's why I said earlier every year pump mRNA into body huat ah.

It's like playing Russian Roulette isn't it?

BUT in the end, the benefits outweigh the risks. 

playing roulette with 1 bullet in the mag or 5 bullets in the mag? [bigcry] 

• Haha! 2

45 minutes ago, Mustank said:

同道中人 :grin:

5E493248-C709-41CE-854C-43AAA2A12752.jpeg

I was thinking about you.

I have just checked with my IT guy. According to them likely to be some common link that I have clicked to access. The only common between me, you, fw75 and some other brothers here is mcf... Must be your phone got infected than reposted the link here.  😤+$-"+3°€©=€[  

Clear cookies won't help. They advised me uninstall / install chrome again.

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

This is unfortunately also the truth now. Vaccinate may die, don't vaccinate surely die! 😂

No vaccine : 2-3% chance die (+ long covid, complications etc)

Vaccine: 0.0001% chance die

A few WILL die because of vaccine. Thank you for your service.

25 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I was thinking about you.

I have just checked with my IT guy. According to them likely to be some common link that I have clicked to access. The only common between me, you, fw75 and some other brothers here is mcf... Must be your phone got infected than reposted the link here.  😤+$-"+3°€©=€[  

Clear cookies won't help. They advised me uninstall / install chrome again.

Hahaha no way 

once identified as brother, they will offer me brother advertisements 

why bother seeing nonsensical advisements when  can see good advertisements :XD:

besides sooner or later they going to realise their offer is too weak for me so they gonna offer me stronger stuff :XD:

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Hahaha no way 

once identified as brother, they will offer me brother advertisements 

why bother seeing nonsensical advisements when  can see good advertisements :XD:

besides sooner or later they going to realise their offer is too weak for me so they gonna offer me stronger stuff :XD:

Frankly I think it’s you too bro. 🤣

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

playing roulette with 1 bullet in the mag or 5 bullets in the mag? [bigcry] 

The "Deer Hunter", where the guy gung-ho go and load more chambers in the revolver - seemingly to take more risks - then suddenly turn round and shoot his captors [laugh]

But what we do know a little about vaccination, after gettng the jab, just go for complete rest, don't do anything else, plop on the sofa and watch tv, whether young or old.

Edited by Sosaria

On 8/1/2021 at 11:38 AM, Carbon82 said:

Of the 604 COVID-19 patients in hospital, how true is it that most are well and only warded for observation? If they are really asymptomatic, why should they be even warded and taking up finite resources? And if these 604 patients have some symptoms, such as pneumonia, breathing difficulties, is it OK to consider them as without any health risks? 

I lost count of how many times I have said these since the start of this pandemic. It may be started with just a handful of personnel affected, but if we do not tighten our controls (multiple aspects, not just SMM or vaccination), we will see a sudden surge in hospitalization rate, more needs for ICU, and death rate will shoot up when our healthcare system get overwhelmed. No rocket science here.

Ostrich Effect / Mentality

ostrich_effect1-7c6d5ea01a1c7314c8393ff0

Hear only the good things... And that's how we achieve our GOLD standard. [shakehead]

G90.5+Tennis,+'only+hear+the+good+stuff'

If most of the vaccinated are not spared from severe symptoms, against what is reported by G and many other countries, then we can expect Delta to overwhelm our medical resources pretty soon (we will then need a hard lockdown like in China and Australia).

When a friend who refused to get vaccinated told me about this Thanos conspiracy a few months ago, I laughed at him. Looks like I should follow him and live like a hermit.

3 hours ago, Windwaver said:

I think revealing where infected people has gone helps but that is not available anymore because it's 'not useful'.

The reason is businesses might be affected if that information is made available.

Now I don't go anywhere else except supermarket near me because I'm not sure where is safe (maybe no spot is safe anymore that's why it's not useful).

BTW safe from my definition is also meant for people that are fully vaccinated.

there is another way of looking at it. 

safe might mean: u are already vaccinated but this doesn't preclude u from getting covid or being a carrier, thus it's safer to mingle with vaccinated persons rather than unvaccinated persons in case one inadvertently passes on the virus to an unvaccinated person. 

i.e. safe for them (unvaccinated persons), not "safe for u".

of course, whether the unvaccinated person is such due to choice or not, is another issue. And the extent to which the unvaccinated person knowingly goes out n mingles around thereby ownself taking the risk of getting exposed. 

• Praise 3

49 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

If most of the vaccinated are not spared from severe symptoms, against what is reported by G and many other countries, then we can expect Delta to overwhelm our medical resources pretty soon (we will then need a hard lockdown like in China and Australia).

When a friend who refused to get vaccinated told me about this Thanos conspiracy a few months ago, I laughed at him. Looks like I should follow him and live like a hermit.

Most of the vaccinated not spared from severe symptoms are the older folks and early jabbees (israel data) in January 2021. That's more than 6 months ago. Evidence of waning protection.

That's why Israel and UK are going ahead for 3rd booster shot for these group.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 4

I always like the carrot and not the stick.

USA wants to give $100 to people to get vaccinated.

I say don't waste the money and just tell anyone wants to go KTV needs the 2 shots!

:D

That's the kind of incentive that will get shots in arms.

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Ender said:

Most of the vaccinated not spared from severe symptoms are the older folks and early jabbees (israel data) in January 2021. That's more than 6 months ago. Evidence of waning protection.

That's why Israel and UK are going ahead for 3rd booster shot of these group.

At least MOH here can look at UK/Israel and also Aus/China with their totally different approaches and also precedence, and hopefully select the best path for ourselves.

But there might be hope herd immunity can work:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/28/uk-covid-cases-are-falling-despite-the-easing-of-lockdowns-surprising-the-experts.html#:~:text=Europe News-,UK Covid cases are now falling rapidly despite the easing,and it's surprising the experts&text=Despite the falling infection rates,have also continued to rise.

• Praise 2

If 3rd booster shot needed can I have Moderna again?

The higher 95 or 96% doesn't mean anything to me

but the 72 vs 64% means a lot to me.

Data so far suggests efficacy rates of more than 67 percent for the J&J vaccine, 72 to 95 percent for the Moderna vaccine, and 64 to 96 percent for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

• Haha! 1

The other way to encourage people to get jab

is say no more free jabs after Aug this year.

Sep 1 its $100 to get each jab for all adults but can use CPF to pay!

Mr Johnny kia su and Jenny kia see,  see have to pay, they all faster rush to get free jabs.

People in SG like that one. Got free cannot decide and Ai mai, ai mai but once they hear no more free they will be screaming

I WANT IT NOW!

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 2

This is how we get people vaccinated.

Next year increase the price to $200 per jab for all adults but can use CPF to pay.

24 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

At least MOH here can look at UK/Israel and also Aus/China with their totally different approaches and also precedence, and hopefully select the best path for ourselves.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/28/uk-covid-cases-are-falling-despite-the-easing-of-lockdowns-surprising-the-experts.html#:~:text=Europe News-,UK Covid cases are now falling rapidly despite the easing,and it's surprising the experts&text=Despite the falling infection rates,have also continued to rise.

Ya, this is baffling. Suddenly relax control, numbers are coming down. 

30 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

China use hard lockdown and mass testing to reduce infected cases.

China will lockdown entire 小區 once case is detected.

4 hours ago, bsswan said:

I know one supermarket where a staff member tested positive........ even the rest of the staff didn't get told until they wondered why the whole section team was replaced.

For sure the worry was the place would close for two weeks and then on low sales.

I think there is no legal provision for the store/company to tell of cases and any such information is up to MoH etc. to declare. As you noted by government, such information is not useful since we are at 50%+ population vaccination rate. Accept/believe or not is up to the individual.

That's odd isn't it?

Instead of knowing where's safe, now we just assume it's not safe anywhere?

Maybe that's the truth but authorities can't say that directly so they have to imply :omg:

giphy.gif

SO2f.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3