COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

I think it’s sort of like NEA officers who want to inspect your home, you have to let them in.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

All follow law and procedure, why overboard?

Seems to me just another wannabe attention seeker.. small time local actor making a mountain out of a molehill.

On what ground the safe distance enforcement officer can enter a private premises? Complaints from nightbours? Ascertain the identity of all tenants residing in that particular address? 

Edited by Kopites

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

If the home occupant don’t agree, can URA officer enter the house?

According to the news. Yes.

Does not need a warrant or even police present.

5 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Than take a peek at the walk in closet, bomb shelter, toilets, all room, under the bed. Underground dungeon.....?

I get ur point on our individual rights to privacy, different strokes for different folks i guess.. haaa

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I think it’s sort of like NEA officers who want to inspect your home, you have to let them in.

Yah lor they can look for mosquito why not look for butterfly too

:XD:

• Haha! 4

1 minute ago, Kopites said:

According to the news. Yes.

Does not need a warrant or even police present.

According to URA clarification, there are 3 police officers on-site.

In addition, all 6 persons entered the house with her consent.

What was not disclosed is what statute give URA officers the authority?
It seems like CNA nvr ask.

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

According to URA clarification, there are 3 police officers on-site.

In addition, all 6 persons entered the house with her consent.

What was not disclosed is what statute give URA officers the authority?
It seems like CNA nvr ask.

Without the law enforcement on site would one allow safe distancing officer to enter your premises without the court order or warrent?

10 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

I get ur point on our individual rights to privacy, different strokes for different folks i guess.. haaa

Thanks for your understanding. 👍

Yes some people can fathom such measure some don't.  I am in the latter camp. 🤔 

4 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Without the law enforcement on site would one allow safe distancing officer to enter your premises without the court order or warrent?

With or without accompanying police, I will let them in.

No point making my life difficult.

• Praise 5

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Haha I won't even open the gate in the first place unless they are in blue uniform. 

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Very much overboard imo. Uniquely singapore.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/nick-mikhail-covid-19-ura-safe-distancing-officers-warrant-15364158

"Safe distancing enforcement officers can enter, inspect and search "various premises, including residences", without a warrant to check that COVID-19 regulations are being complied with, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said on Monday (Aug 2)."

Otherwise how to spot check for illegal covidiot gatherings? If need to wait for judge issue warrant culprits already run road liao. I believe they follow the same exceptional process under the covid related laws regardless whether to spot check KTV, Hdb, condo or landed residential premises. The report also mentioned the neighbors complained about this guy before so it doesn't seem like the police so free to pay him a random visit. 

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Agreed.

If we have nothing to hide why worry.

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Haha I won't even open the gate in the first place unless they are in blue uniform. 

We are a society of conformity.

1 minute ago, Cheesey74 said:

I think the biggest difference is with a police search warrant, u can enter n Search whereas URA can only enter n check aka see see look look, a world of difference lah..

To enter a premises without a warrant, one needs a "Sections of the Law" to cover their present or as such that when an application of a Warrant (would take some times from court) could render the criminal escape or evidents destroyed.   

I only know that SCDF can search or conduct a surprise raid at a premises if fire safety is compromised in any kind of buildings (inclusive of HDB flats) under the Fire Safety Code. (even so, someone must tip off SCDF of breech of fire safety)

CNB under Misused of Drugs Act (even so, they will conduct discreek investigations before taking actions or chasing a suspect into a premises )

URA can inspect a premises/building when they feel that or someone tip them off with regards to illegal alteration or modifications done without submitting for approval.

But for this case URA entered a premises because someone complained "suspected parties" going on and more than 2 persons inside the premises under HA 2 ????  :slow:

No logic. :wut: 

Can always ambush outside or if only they come with a Police ASP, then house owner no case.  :lll._.:

Like that our Authorities will be very busy with every single call made when neighbours not happy with each other, take out pop-corn :a-popcorn: and watch from sideline (sindili shioks) .... :dizzy:

• Praise 2

37 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

NEA enter only to search for mosquitoes breeding when a cluster of dengue around that location and this also they ask permission from the houseowner.

Houseowners cannot reject their entry. 

• Praise 1

No booking required at 11 vaccination centres offering Moderna jab

As at Sunday, MOH said 62 per cent of Singapore residents have been fully vaccinated and over 7.6 million doses of the coronavirus vaccine have been administered.

Finance Minister Lawrence Wong, who co-chairs the multi-ministry task force tackling the Covid-19 pandemic, has said that the country aims to get about 80 per cent of its population fully vaccinated by early next month.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/no-booking-required-at-11-vaccination-centres-offering-moderna-jab

so means we can YOLO by early next month since 80% already ? 

:a-dothewave:

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Gizmore said:

Don't see how that is overboad. Police officers were present when they entered the house. 

And they were only checking for additional people. Not like they ransack the house and go beyond what is necessary to determine if there are other people in the premise. 

I would say the entire process takes less than 15 mins? 

Problem is that these SDAs and police only concentrate on "soft" targets to show that job is being done. I still see gatherings outdoors - especially for sports and games - that break the rule, but hardly any enforcement.

When they arrive at the house, if there is no noise or disturbance or any evidence of visitors, to the extent alleged by the complainers - is there a need to enter and contaminate the house?? If they really want to catch, then do a stake-out and catch in the act. When there's hardly anybody in the house, go and inspect for what? Wayang only...

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
26 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Can always ambush outside or if only they come with a Police ASP, then house owner no case.  :lll._.:

That's why i say is a "wayang" only to be able to answer the complainers that action taken. If the intent of the rule is to catch breaches of the safe-distancing and visitor cap, then go and do an ambush / stake-out undercover outside the house.

Why visit when there's no party going on??

No wonder our daily figures hard to go down, because quite a fair bit of wayang-ing going on but not really effective.

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1