COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

Turbocharged
12 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Between getting delta and mRNA?

I rather get mRNA with all the associated risk and unknowns.

The effects of getting delta is very well known.

:D

But the point is you may not even catch delta in the first place in our current environment. Chances are low if you maintain the precautions.

Whereas if you inject mRNA, you definitely face the risk.

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Supercharged
20 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Problem is that these SDAs and police only concentrate on "soft" targets to show that job is being done. I still see gatherings outdoors - especially for sports and games - that break the rule, but hardly any enforcement.

When they arrive at the house, if there is no noise or disturbance or any evidence of visitors, to the extent alleged by the complainers - is there a need to enter and contaminate the house?? If they really want to catch, then do a stake-out and catch in the act. When there's hardly anybody in the house, go and inspect for what? Wayang only...

When the complain is being lodged, actions will be taken. i.e SDA dispatch to check. In the news report, it is stated there are multiple complaints being lodged. It is not clear if the SDA and police entered every single unit around the area though. In the report, it is stated SDA and police made observations, gate wide open, 2 cars outside, lights on to suspect possible large group gathering before they enter. It is not like the observation was unfounded.  

So it is not like the authorities are wayanging only. "Soft" or "hard" target are equal violation. I would think "hard" targets are out to violate the SD measures. i.e. doing something to deliberately hiding hard group gathering. This is harder to detect. Should the authorities perform "raid" operations every day? I would say it is not easy to determine where are the soft targets and where are the hard targets. 

Like what some others have pointed out, it is as good as people lodging a complaint about mosquitoes. NEA send personnel to the report area to check on each individual residential unit for possible breeding. That is all. If breeding sites are found, you get a ticket and a fine. Same  like violating SD measures. If found to breach SD measures, you get a fine. You won't be arrested. This is why it is SDA can enter to check without warrant. 

• Praise 2

39 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

But the point is you may not even catch delta in the first place in our current environment. Chances are low if you maintain the precautions.

[laugh]

Have you gotten flu before? This is even more contagious than the flu virus and conventional wisdom is it will become endemic.  

It is as infectious as chicken pox and we all get that at least once in our lifetime and then become immune. 

Even medical personnel with full PPE are infected (you should read T4's earlier post), my 3-ply surgical mask and sanitizer are, I doubt, much of a  match against Delta. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Cheesey74 said:

All follow law and procedure, why overboard?

Seems to me just another wannabe attention seeker.. small time local actor making a mountain out of a molehill.

Who is Nick Mikhail? Lol.

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Who is Nick Mikhail? Lol.

Now i know he is ex suria actor, doing some "easy money loan" stuff now, house just rent few months back, car road tax expire liao no renew, always wear branded stuff... wahaha

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

To enter a premises without a warrant, one needs a "Sections of the Law" to cover their present or as such that when an application of a Warrant (would take some times from court) could render the criminal escape or evidents destroyed.   

I only know that SCDF can search or conduct a surprise raid at a premises if fire safety is compromised in any kind of buildings (inclusive of HDB flats) under the Fire Safety Code. (even so, someone must tip off SCDF of breech of fire safety)

CNB under Misused of Drugs Act (even so, they will conduct discreek investigations before taking actions or chasing a suspect into a premises )

URA can inspect a premises/building when they feel that or someone tip them off with regards to illegal alteration or modifications done without submitting for approval.

But for this case URA entered a premises because someone complained "suspected parties" going on and more than 2 persons inside the premises under HA 2 ????  :slow:

No logic. :wut: 

Can always ambush outside or if only they come with a Police ASP, then house owner no case.  :lll._.:

Like that our Authorities will be very busy with every single call made when neighbours not happy with each other, take out pop-corn :a-popcorn: and watch from sideline (sindili shioks) .... :dizzy:

What i think is if URA can come out n reply that guy big big "Enforcement officers can enter homes without warrant to check on Covid-19 measures", rightfully there will be some law or temporary act covering their backside, anyway that guy also update say his lawyer told him no case, so think he llst liao.. haha

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

[laugh]

So what should people do? 

Get vaccinated or keep fingers cross not to get Delta?

You got vaccinated already or keeping fingers crossed and taking precaution?

• Haha! 1

53 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Have you gotten flu before? This is even more contagious than the flu virus and conventional wisdom is it will become endemic.  

It is as infectious as chicken pox and we all get that at least once in our lifetime and then become immune. 

Even medical personnel with full PPE are infected (you should read T4's earlier post), my 3-ply surgical mask and sanitizer are, I doubt, much of a  match against Delta. 

Chickenpox virus doesn’t really go away. It’s hidden in the spine and will come out say hello as Shingles in your 40s and 50s. 😁

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

Now i know he is ex suria actor, doing some "easy money loan" stuff n ow, house just rent few months back, car road tax expire liao no renew, always wear branded stuff... wahaha

Garang lah siol :yuush: !! his nama ..........  Mat N Minah also got Russian nama ah??🤣  

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

[laugh]

Errr? Your 'chances are low' is already facing risk liao.  Just any members of your family goes out, mask or not, you face definite risk of getting covid-19 even if you stayed at home. 

• Praise 2

I am confused. Has it been clarified somewhere if it is just SDA alone, can they enter homes to check? Say for example 1 or several SDA. Police officer in uniform is quite reassuring in SIngapore but remember that SDA are not professionals but temp jobs.

While I am not too worried if I am the one at home when they come, I am very supportive of them carrying out their work, though nobody (who is not doing a job) had visited my home since pandemic started. Not even my parents, relatives or friends.

I am more concern if lady or young kid alone at home when they come. I would tell my wife and kid to wait for me to come home first, and that is what I will do immediately.

• Praise 2

Just now, Columbian78 said:

I am confused. Has it been clarified somewhere if it is just SDA alone, can they enter homes to check? Say for example 1 or several SDA. Police officer in uniform is quite reassuring in SIngapore but remember that SDA are not professionals but temp jobs.

While I am not too worried if I am the one at home when they come, I am very supportive of them carrying out their work, though nobody (who is not doing a job) had visited my home since pandemic started. Not even my parents, relatives or friends.

I am more concern if lady or young kid alone at home when they come. I would tell my wife and kid to wait for me to come home first, and that is what I will do immediately.

3 SDA + 3 police

41 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Chickenpox virus doesn’t really go away. It’s hidden in the spine and will come out say hello as Shingles in your 40s and 50s. 😁

Yes, that is why I said at least once.  Okok... The immune part may be a stretch. Lol

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Both [laugh] Vaccinated quite early due to job requirement at times when the side-effects were not yet widely reported locally. Luckily (on hindsight now) no issue except slight fever for a day or two. And also went back to run, gym in less than a week (that time, nobody know anything yet).

No need fingers crossed. Just carried on with normal life and activities. Lim kopi, pack food at some markets that later become clusters, boh tai ji, or maybe asymptomatic and 'recover' also don't know, right? Gym regularly mask-off (when it was allowed in between HAs too) and run etc. No KTV though...

But when there are rules, say, no this and no that, scan in/out, of course, all obey lah and just carry on with life as much as possible allowed by the rules.

Wash hands often. Use throat spray if feel sometimes too 'exposed' to the elements. Good stuff, 'expert' recommended in the news some time ago.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
58 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I got 2 jabs and 2 close encounter liao. 

1st case, my cleaner cleaning my office infected, 2nd is my driver, although he don't drive me unless official trips (which is less recently), he top up petrol and washes the car. 

Now I better do my own washing and do my own top up man. Better be safe 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

So true... happened to me. Can be triggered by stress.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2