COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

1 minute ago, Ender said:

Took the vaccine still kenna.. 50+% is like Sinovac efficacy.. LOL

Haha yah like Sinovac 🤣

Shingrix like mRNA, more side effects.

But the outbreak is really controlled, only a 50 cents area. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged
15 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

Although SDA can enter premise to check. I doubt they will do that on their own without police presence.  

SDA are not some covert operators ya. They are just regular people hired for this. Some could even be civil servants roster to do this. 

What you said can be true. If in doubt, can always call police and wait for them to arrive before allowing SDA in to check. 

Exactly. They're just "regular people" hired on contract basis to perform the ground work. It could be any Ah Beng, Ah Seng who lost their previous job due to the pandemic, and now doing this gig.

The law needs to be clearer. Are we allowed to call and wait for police presence, or must open door immediately?

When something unfortunate happens, you can bet the Govt will come and tell all to be vigilant. Knn.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

25 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

i got chickenpox before 20 but it never bloomed.. just mild... cannot see blister... then after that always got small shingles here and there.. small small.. never big big luckily..

all my life now come and go... i never see doctor for it.. can take vaccine now?

I always thought chicken pox is a one in your life time disease, and for some a second time as shingles when older. Didn't know there's chronic situation..

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Didu said:

Elderly folks and domestic helpers still not too bad. Some bros have sexy wives at home, liddat very stress one you know?  😖 How to focus on work??

Ask @Jamesc to loan his MIL.  Can scare away any criminals. Or of course if the wife is really sexy and  naive, he will volunteer to help guard the wife.  For free.  Out of the kindness of his heart.  :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

So true... happened to me. Can be triggered by stress.

Heard shingles can trigger by stress and low immune system, dont know if shingles only happen to people in 40s and 50s only? I have one colleague only in early 30s kanna shingles liao.

• Shocked 2

44 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I took it when I was 40. Kenna it when I was 46. 

Take it earlier. Shingles outbreak are painful because it affect the nerve system. 

Now there's 2. The one I took was Zostavax, I think efficacy only 50+%.

There's a newer one called Shingrix, read that it's over 90%. 

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/new-shingles-vaccine-shingrix-zostavax/#:~:text=Shingrix is 97% effective at,also stays effective for longer.

Wah donno Polyclinic got or not

i cheapo :grin:

• Haha! 1

Just now, Didu said:

Exactly. They're just "regular people" hired on contract basis to perform the ground work. It could be any Ah Beng, Ah Seng who lost their previous job due to the pandemic, and now doing this gig.

The law needs to be clearer. Are we allowed to call and wait for police presence, or must open door immediately?

When something unfortunate happens, you can bet the Govt will come and tell all to be vigilant. Knn.

Later they say you are actually taking the time the police takes to come down to hide the evidence or get people to flee from the back door/ window etc

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

One thing I need to comment.  Generally we singaporeans are very trusting of people in the govt. Yes, we kpkb the govt.  I vote ahem all the time.  But I also don't believe i will go all out to make things difficult for the G.  I work I healthcare, even more I dont make things difficult for govt servants.

So my point is, most of us are like that. So if someone claiming to be from the G wants to enter our house (and the news say it is allowed), I believe only a few of us will actually say let's wait for police to come before you enter. 

So this is the potential weakness that criminals will exploit.  People might be on their guard if the media says SDE cannot enter houses without police presence but since they didn't, they might let down their guard

Most people scare will tio fine or charge if they do not cooperate with govt servants or someone who claim to be from govt. People would not think so much if it is a genuine case?! 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Most people scare will tio fine or charge if they do not cooperate with govt servants or someone who claim to be from govt. People would not think so much if it is a genuine case?! 

Let's say there's a covid case in your residential block, and the news reported it. Next you get a knock on your door with from someone claiming to be SDA to check surrounding and to ensure all the residents are safe. Many will be less suspicious and open their doors. This is when we're most vulnerable. 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 2

18 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Heard shingles can trigger by stress and low immune system, dont know if shingles only happen to people in 40s and 50s only? I have one colleague only in early 30s kanna shingles liao.

Maybe his is herpes. 🤣

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 6

21 minutes ago, Ender said:

I always thought chicken pox is a one in your life time disease, and for some a second time as shingles when older. Didn't know there's chronic situation..

ya.. i not sure also.. doctor say is chicken pox.. i dont even see the bloom and he can say it is.. then i stay at home and wait for the bloom.. but all like just stay under the skin nia... not sure if other people the same experience

27 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Ask @Jamesc to loan his MIL.  Can scare away any criminals. Or of course if the wife is really sexy and  naive, he will volunteer to help guard the wife.  For free.  Out of the kindness of his heart.  :D

Very true.

:D

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Nolicense said:

i agree 100%

Guess marriage has done him some good😂

• Haha! 2

31 minutes ago, Didu said:

Let's say there's a covid case in your residential block, and the news reported it. Next you get a knock on your door with from someone claiming to be SDA to check surrounding and to ensure all the residents are safe. Many will be less suspicious and open their doors. This is when we're most vulnerable. 

No wonder there are many scams etc happened since the outbreak of covid. Since people are easily got scare by what others say? But still think why there is a need for SDA to go into my house to do checking? Covid case not same same like dengue case lo, like NEA will go into my house to check for mozzies. I would still be skeptical to let those SDA come inside my house even there is covid case in my block?! Lol.

25 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Hong Kong Eases Entry for Vaccinated Residents, Tourists 
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-03/hong-kong-eases-entry-rules-for-vaccinated-residents-tourists

HK's vaccination rate is very low and we know vaccination does not stop transmission, quite a gamble. 

HK approach is different. They never push their population to get a high vaccination rate before they open up to outside, and now they open up to vaccinated tourists to enter HK? 

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, 13177 said:

HK approach is different. They never push their population to get a high vaccination rate before they open up to outside, and now they open up to vaccinated tourists to enter HK? 

Vaccinated tourists running around HK is probably better than unvaccinated locals running around. Perhaps that's the logic. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1