COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

13 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

As above, people who have allergy to multiple medications are shaped by their experiences.

It's like being scalded by hot water before.
U will remember the experience for the rest of your life cos it's a visceral experience lodged inside your memory cos of the negative emotions.

I've met quite a few of these. At best, they will consider Sinovac. Many prefer not to take any.

It doesn't help that mrna-based vaccines give minor side effects to lots of people. So it further validates their belief.

Sinovac is based on inactivated virus using Alpha which means it has no "effect/protection" whatsoever on Delta, right

by having a booster shot of Sinovac, got help? 

on the other hand, mRNA vaccine still got a bit of protection against Delta from serious ill right?

i think by 2030 ...we need OTA updates via Wifi for mRNA vaccine liao with a chip implanted in our body ... [bigcry] 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 6

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

As above, people who have allergy to multiple medications are shaped by their experiences.

U will remember the experience for the rest of your life cos it's a visceral experience lodged inside your memory cos of the negative emotions.

I've met quite a few of these. At best, they will consider Sinovac. Many prefer not to take any.

It doesn't help that mrna-based vaccines give minor side effects to lots of people. So it further validates their belief.

Agree, and I am not saying vaccination is no good, I too believe in it and is taking it. But I am trying to say do your part in the society. Don't go around maskless and don't go around if unnecessary. I think this will definitely keep the virus down. It should be back to the basics

And this is what is happening in China right now, people got too complacent

• Praise 3

8 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I agree I had some doubts. I had previous reactions to some antibiotics and painkillers even ending up in hospital

But I took Moderna both shots totally fine

What helped was the fact that I had taken flu jabs before (and at that time no one ever mention drug allergy and vaccination may be an issue)

my mom completed the vaccine with Pfizer

even with vaccination ... i advised my mom DO NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE

she feel like kena "permanent" SHN/QO ... [bigcry] 

stay at home does not work for long term ... else ... covid don't kill but mental exhaustion kill .. [bigcry] 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Sian siah. 1 additional death, 1 hawker center closed, so many new clusters, most likely infected numbers might spike in the coming weeks.

Really see no end to this sh!t.

A lot of clusters, but luckily majority are very small single-digit, one person infect those in his immediate surroundings like family, co-workers. Then no further cases. But that cluster got to be tagged there for one month.

What boggles me is how a hospital cluster can happen again, presumably after the first experience they would have gone through procedures and tightened up to prevent any leaks. Or was this new cluster revealed by more frequent testing that was imposed after the first experience? In that case, this is actually a good outcome.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

27 minutes ago, Arogab said:

My Parents in law were those who choose not to be vaccinated, one due to cancer treatment and the other is allergy to many medicines. But they do their part, they choose not to go out. Not even to see their grandchildren and they really stay at home. I don't see they are at any risk of infection.

But I see many old people and retirees getting infected. Maybe we don't investigate too deep into it. But a lot of them are at void decks and not masked up. No prejudice, it is a true statement

My friend is still on cancer treatment is fully vaccinated now.

My parents in law is afraid of taking vaccine.

I told my sis in law to convince them.

I “hold” their hand through the entire process from registration to taking vaccination.

I took 1st jab in btw my PIL 1st and 2nd jab.

• Praise 4

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

My friend is still on cancer treatment is fully vaccinated now.

My parents in law is afraid of taking vaccine.

I told my sis in law to convince them.

I “hold” their hand through the entire process from registration to taking vaccination.

I took 1st jab in btw my PIL 1st and 2nd jab.

it's tough decision .... i also advised my parent and parent in law to take the vaccine 

nothing happen ... i am hero

something happen ... sure got blame ... and it's a permanent "mark" that cannot be easily wiped off  ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 8
  • Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I am on Sinovac and 2 shots since last month end, but I got 2 close shave as I mentioned. I don't think I owe it to the vaccine, I owe it to the good habit of masking up, no pulling down as you please. No touching here and there blah blah blah...... But I still see people telling me, the mask is just like a toy.

It is a toy if you play with it, but it is a tool if you treat it seriously

I use hand sanitizer whenever I touch any object outside.

A few times ppl give me a strange look when I use hand sanitizer in lift.

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

My calculation is 64% of total population (5.7m).

As of Aug 3, 3.6m ppl fully vaccinated.

80% can achieve be by Sept, I think.

I thought gov said we were increasing at around 1% per day?

We should hit that 80% exactly on the day before the new ND "parade". Coincidence, good planning, or conspiracy theory? 😉

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

21 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I was told that it is not considered to be an allergy unless epipen is required.

True or not?

3 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I thought gov said we were increasing at around 1% per day?

We should hit that 80% exactly on the day before the new ND "parade". Coincidence, good planning, or conspiracy theory? 😉

We are about 16% short of 80%.
At 1%/day, it will overshot by then.

It is likely good planning or luck.

5 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

it's tough decision .... i also advised my parent and parent in law to take the vaccine 

nothing happen ... i am hero

something happen ... sure got blame ... and it's a permanent "mark" that cannot be easily wiped off  ... 

It is the same here.
My PIL receives the invitation letter for more than a mth before registration.

My PIL household has another 3 person. 1 of them can’t work from home.

9 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

A lot of clusters, but luckily majority are very small single-digit, one person infect those in his immediate surroundings like family, co-workers. Then no further cases. But that cluster got to be tagged there for one month.

What boggles me is how a hospital cluster can happen again, presumably after the first experience they would have gone through procedures and tightened up to prevent any leaks. Or was this new cluster revealed by more frequent testing that was imposed after the first experience? In that case, this is actually a good outcome.

I think a cluster size of three is too small.

You are right, one person tests positive and passes to family at home and suddenly upgraded to a cluster in its own right. It's fine to designate a business cluster and where possible I would put household contacts under that one, but I don't think I would put a household as a cluster since, for me, it's one person/case so long as they are all isolated. If there is an outside contact later linked to that household, then it becomes a cluster.

That said, gov already said they would stop counting and advising us when we hit that endemic ~75-80% level so it could be a short term complaint.

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

We are about 16% short of 80%.
At 1%/day, it will overshot by then.

It is likely good planning or luck.

now anyone who has not taken the jab can walk in anytime, basically free for all [laugh]

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Jman888 said:

now anyone who has not taken the jab can walk in anytime, basically free for all [laugh]

For senior, got delivery service.

• Praise 3

to be honest ... spore vaccination process and handling is really "no horse run"... [thumbsup]  [thumbsup] 

the tough question is how to "live with the virus" after we got 80% vaccination rate

the new normal is really tricky and roller coaster ride 

1 day you think is new normal ... loosen up a bit ... relax control measures ... next we got HA or CB

because when you think you are safe ... boomz .... cluster after cluster emerge

if you don't take drastic measure to break the chain like HA or CB

cluster become outbreak ... [bigcry] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

to be honest ... spore vaccination process and handling is really "no horse run"... [thumbsup]  [thumbsup] 

the tough question is how to "live with the virus" after we got 80% vaccination rate

the new normal is really tricky and roller coaster ride 

1 day you think is new normal ... next week become HA or CB

because when you think you are safe ... boomz .... cluster after cluster emerge

if you don't take drastic measure to break the chain like HA or CB

cluster become outbreak ... [bigcry] 

Rather than HA or CB, maybe mass testing is next best option.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

My Parents in law were those who choose not to be vaccinated, one due to cancer treatment and the other is allergy to many medicines. But they do their part, they choose not to go out. Not even to see their grandchildren and they really stay at home. I don't see they are at any risk of infection.

But I see many old people and retirees getting infected. Maybe we don't investigate too deep into it. But a lot of them are at void decks and not masked up. No prejudice, it is a true statement

I had seen this every Sunday when visiting my parents. 4 to 5 teekey seniors sitting at void decks. No mask,  smoking, talking......

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1