COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

28 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Unvaccinated workers in construction sites must be clearly identified from Aug 16: BCA
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/unvaccinated-workers-in-construction-sites-must-be-clearly-identified-from-aug-16-bca

must wear 2 colour safety vest liao ...

orange one must sit at corner suck thumb eat alone liao ... [sly] 

1544420274744.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 7

19 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Finally the MOH changes it mind by widening the vaccines options.

I supposed some VIP's wife won't be pleased to hear this decision. 😜

8nw3WSo.jpeg

Have to since they have announced the measures for vaccinated and unvaccinated group of people. Those who still choose to go vaccinate but opt for other vaccines options, if they are not consider fully vaccinated, might not be fair to them la.

50 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/those-vaccinated-with-sinovac-sinopharm-astrazeneca-covishield-and-jj-shots-will-be

Those who opt for Sinovac and jabs under WHO emergency use listing to be considered fully vaccinated

SINGAPORE - Those who have taken the Sinovac, Sinopharm, Johnson & Johnson, Covishield or AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccines will be eligible for vaccination-differentiated safe management measures from next Tuesday (Aug 10).

Anyone will be considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after they have received the full regimen of Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna, or any vaccines listed on the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) Emergency Use Listing (EUL), Health Minister Ong Ye Kung announced on Friday (Aug 6) at a virtual press conference.

I wonder those who take Sinovac, does the Tracetogether apps get updated with vaccinated status? Else how does the restaurant going to let in those who vaccinated?

13 minutes ago, Ender said:

I wonder those who take Sinovac, does the Tracetogether apps get updated with vaccinated status? Else how does the restaurant going to let in those who vaccinated?

It is not updated in the TT app yet but I know on HealthHub app there is a vaccination report on MOH letterhead indicating "Vaccinated (SAR)"

3 hours ago, zipping said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/spore-to-allow-dining-in-from-aug-10-group-size-cap-eased-to-5-for-those-fully

S'pore to allow dining in from Aug 10, group size cap eased to 5 for those fully vaccinated

Fully vaccinated individuals will be allowed to dine in at eateries in groups of up to five from Aug 10, 2021.

Fully vaccinated individuals will be allowed to dine in at eateries in groups of up to five from Aug 10, 2021.ST PHOTO: ARIFFIN JAMAR Linette Lai Political Correspondent      Published     49 min ago 

SINGAPORE - Singapore will allow people to dine at eateries in groups of up to five from next Tuesday (Aug 10) if they are fully vaccinated, in the first step of the country's road map towards reopening its economy. 

Those who are not vaccinated but have valid negative pre-event test results will be allowed to join such groups of five, as well as those who have recovered from Covid-19. 

The cap on group sizes for social gatherings will be raised from two to five, and households will be able to receive up to five distinct visitors. 

Fully vaccinated individuals will also be able to take part in other higher-risk activities where masks are removed, as well as larger events. 

Trade and Industry Minister Gan Kim Yong said in a press conference that everyone will be able to dine at hawker centres and coffee shops regardless of vaccination status - but only in groups of two people. 

Unvaccinated individuals are allowed to eat at hawker centres and coffee shops because these places are open and naturally ventilated, said the Ministry of Health. 

This easing of measures is possible because Singapore expects around 70 per cent of its population to have received both vaccine doses by National Day, said Health Minister Ong Ye Kung on Friday (Aug 6). 

If the situation remains stable, permitted event sizes and capacity limits for malls and attractions will further increase nine days later, on Aug 19. 

At that time, companies will be able to allow up to 50 per cent of staff who are currently working remotely to return to the office.  This preparatory stage will last for about a month from Aug 10 to early September, and is the first stage in Singapore's four-step transition to becoming a Covid-19-resilient nation, said Mr Ong. 

By early September, when around 80 per cent of the population is likely to have been vaccinated, the country will be ready to move to what the minister termed "transition stage A". 

This is when the economy will be further opened up, with more social activities and even travel able to take place. But in doing so, Singaporeans must be mentally prepared for the number of cases and deaths to rise, he added. 

"But we can do our best to minimise the incidence of severe illnesses and deaths, and it is therefore very important that we continue to vaccinate as many people as possible." 

This means the country will continue to differentiate among individuals by vaccination status, with Singapore maintaining a strong system of surveillance testing for travellers.

As the sentence in bold stated, it appears OYK likely expect more deaths to occur, not just for unvaccinated ones. So even if more deaths occur, he can say he already said this earlier and absolve himself from blame. already first week of Aug alone, 3 deaths from covid. Not sure if this "the number of deaths" is acceptable to him. 

• Sad 1

if you ask me as a lay person, with so many community cases daily and so many unlinked cases, dining in should not be resumed so fast regardless of vaccination status...

Gahmen playing with fire by test water by resuming dine in prematurely ( as much as I want to eat out also, getting sick of taking away food), anything goes well they will claim credit, anything goes wrong they will say no blame culture, we already warned you so 🙄

Profits and GDP growth above peoples lives😠

• Praise 3
  • Angry 1

Singapore reports 41st death from COVID-19, the fourth death from the virus in five days

SINGAPORE: A 63-year-old Singaporean man has died from complications due to COVID-19, the fourth death from the virus in five days.

The man, identified as Case 67716, died on Thursday (Aug 5). He was not vaccinated against COVID-19.

The man developed a fever and a cough on Tuesday and was taken to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital on Thursday after collapsing at home. He was confirmed to have COVID-19 infection after his demise, said the Ministry of Health (MOH) on Friday.

He had a history of heart disease, stroke, diabetes mellitus, hypertension and hyperlipidaemia, added MOH.

In total, 41 people have died from COVID-19 in Singapore.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-cases-locally-transmitted-aug-6-moh-death-2095661?cid=telegram_cna_social_28112017_cna

Edited by Raubern
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Christan said:

As the sentence in bold stated, it appears OYK likely expect more deaths to occur, not just for unvaccinated ones. So even if more deaths occur, he can say he already said this earlier and absolve himself from blame. already first week of Aug alone, 3 deaths from covid. Not sure if this "the number of deaths" is acceptable to him. 

Absolutely flabbergasted. 

People who think this situation is "normalising" - from the perspective of our hospitals, I can tell you the situation is very far from normal. 

When we start "accepting" our patients coming in for something else entirely and acquiring COVID-19 in hospitals from visitors and even staff and dying inside, *then* we can say we've "normalised" COVID-19. Because that's the sort of mindset we need to adopt to "normalise" this thing. 

Personally, no doctor I know will ever be able to accept that kind of hideousness as "normal". So we will never truly be normal. 

But that won't stop them pretending and trying to bluster their way through this thing. 

• Praise 10
  • Haha! 1

JUST OPEN every damn thing.. scared this scared that...

Never heard of this saying: A life lived in fear is a life half lived.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

船头怕鬼船尾怕贼 😁

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

yes, YOLO like UK. They had Wembley, Wimbledon, F1, we stuck at home. [laugh]

7 hours ago, Raubern said:

This is the second time that Jem has had a cluster. It was part of a cluster with Westgate mall that grew to 63 cases and was closed on June 28.

In total, there are currently 126 active clusters in Singapore, with three to 1,134 cases each.

The Jurong Fishery Port cluster remains the largest active cluster to date, with 1,134 cases.

126 active clusters only ... [:p]

see what happens after we open up to high risk countries. [crazy]

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

If your post is sardonic, you have my apologies. 

But if sincere, it's very amusing leh. Especially when you contrast it to your stance on, say, speeding. I remember this very clearly. 

Two examples (there are more):

Road traffic accidents as a whole "only" cost 1.35 million lives a year globally (and "speeding" was not even a significant component in many of those). 

Whereas COVID-19 has already claimed 4.27 million lives the world over, and we're not even 2 years into this shitstorm. The WHO figures that may be an underestimate, and the annual excess mortality due to COVID-19 was over 3 million (that's just for 2020). The absolute lower bound was 1.8 million deaths in 2020, a gross underestimate most likely, and even that's sufficient to demonstrate my point.

Anyway, the bottom line is that this virus has claimed, and continues to claim, far more lives than traffic accidents as a whole, let alone "speeding". And complaints about "speeding", in my view at least, often amount to little more than histrionic hand-wringing by those with different risk appetites than others - the Autobahn alone is evidence enough that speed per se doesn't increase risks significantly. 

Long story short, it's just that your mindset is different from mine (and others here), you have vested interests (maybe your business is suffering) and you don't work in healthcare (so you lack that perspective). Perhaps the same sort of argument can be levelled against me, I admit that.

But whatever the case may be, I hope I have sufficiently demonstrated that "open up, don't scared lah" is a very blinkered view. If only you could see what's going on in our hospitals right now. It's always crisis mode if you're in senior management. The more they open up, the more stretched we are. Many staff are working around the clock to handle exposure events and hospital outbreaks. Quite a few are resigning, or at least falling sick from the stress alone. Does that sound "normal" to you? 

Open up, by all means, but only after this thing is well and truly under control. What Australia is doing has my full support (and they're soldiering through it despite civil protests). The Singapore government's half-measures and flip-flopping, alas, does not. 

Epilogue of an already overlong post:

Sorry for dredging up your old comments, I just wanted to demonstrate perspectives can be different. But not accepting those of others can have lethal consequences (which is why I, personally, have also come to terms with the need for speeding regulation in many circumstances). I hope you, for your part, realise how dangerous this virus is and why we should be very careful how we, as a community, tread now. Not everyone can be vaccinated, even if we removed simple refusal from the equation, there are medical contraindications - so are we simply wiling to sacrifice many of those lives? Just like speeding, the lives of some are being unfairly cut short by the actions and choices of others. 

And I know pundek @RadX will say my mammary...er, memory is like an elephant. Along with other parts of me. He's right, my "trunk" is also very big and thick. 😁

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 2

Just opened up every damn thing and to hell with the health care professionals, clusters and possible new variants. If infections climbing up are to be regarded as a new normal, then let's not be sorry, or rather those in charge please don't come on TV say sorry honest mistake when we brought in newer and more lethal variants capable of making those vaccinated go ICU. 

Because the next cluster due to the new variants is going to be huge and even more serious than before, just because of the bets OYK and MOH made yesterday. Will we deja vu again and say too much too soon? We already deja vu many times already with the way they are bumbling forward. 

• Praise 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

Does LW or OYK really make the final decision?

Might be the old farts of PAP or even the woman behind.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Just opened up every damn thing and to hell with the health care professionals, clusters and possible new variants. If infections climbing up are to be regarded as a new normal, then let's not be sorry, or rather those in charge please don't come on TV say sorry honest mistake when we brought in newer and more lethal variants capable of making those vaccinated go ICU. 

Because the next cluster due to the new variants is going to be huge and even more serious than before, just because of the bets OYK and MOH made yesterday. Will we deja vu again and say too much too soon? We already deja vu many times already with the way they are bumbling forward. 

Eh dun copy me can😂😂

• Haha! 3

23 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

If your post is sardonic, you have my apologies. 

But if sincere, it's very amusing leh. Especially when you contrast it to your stance on, say, speeding. I remember this very clearly. 

Two examples (there are more):

Road traffic accidents as a whole "only" cost 1.35 million lives a year globally (and "speeding" was not even a significant component in many of those). 

Whereas COVID-19 has already claimed 4.27 million lives the world over, and we're not even 2 years into this shitstorm. The WHO figures that may be an underestimate, and the annual excess mortality due to COVID-19 was over 3 million (that's just for 2020). The absolute lower bound was 1.8 million deaths in 2020, a gross underestimate most likely, and even that's sufficient to demonstrate my point.

Anyway, the bottom line is that this virus has claimed, and continues to claim, far more lives than traffic accidents as a whole, let alone "speeding". And complaints about "speeding", in my view at least, often amount to little more than histrionic hand-wringing by those with different risk appetites than others - the Autobahn alone is evidence enough that speed per se doesn't increase risks significantly. 

Long story short, it's just that your mindset is different from mine (and others here), you have vested interests (maybe your business is suffering) and you don't work in healthcare (so you lack that perspective). Perhaps the same sort of argument can be levelled against me, I admit that.

But whatever the case may be, I hope I have sufficiently demonstrated that "open up, don't scared lah" is a very blinkered view. If only you could see what's going on in our hospitals right now. It's always crisis mode if you're in senior management. The more they open up, the more stretched we are. Many staff are working around the clock to handle exposure events and hospital outbreaks. Quite a few are resigning, or at least falling sick from the stress alone. Does that sound "normal" to you? 

Open up, by all means, but only after this thing is well and truly under control. What Australia is doing has my full support (and they're soldiering through it despite civil protests). The Singapore government's half-measures and flip-flopping, alas, does not. 

Epilogue of an already overlong post:

Sorry for dredging up your old comments, I just wanted to demonstrate perspectives can be different. But not accepting those of others can have lethal consequences (which is why I, personally, have also come to terms with the need for speeding regulation in many circumstances). I hope you, for your part, realise how dangerous this virus is and why we should be very careful how we, as a community, tread now. Not everyone can be vaccinated, even if we removed simple refusal from the equation, there are medical contraindications - so are we simply wiling to sacrifice many of those lives? Just like speeding, the lives of some are being unfairly cut short by the actions and choices of others. 

And I know pundek @RadX will say my mammary...er, memory is like an elephant. Along with other parts of me. He's right, my "trunk" is also very big and thick. 😁

Ownself say ownself

no pakai

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
6 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Absolutely flabbergasted. 

People who think this situation is "normalising" - from the perspective of our hospitals, I can tell you the situation is very far from normal. 

When we start "accepting" our patients coming in for something else entirely and acquiring COVID-19 in hospitals from visitors and even staff and dying inside, *then* we can say we've "normalised" COVID-19. Because that's the sort of mindset we need to adopt to "normalise" this thing. 

Personally, no doctor I know will ever be able to accept that kind of hideousness as "normal". So we will never truly be normal. 

But that won't stop them pretending and trying to bluster their way through this thing. 

Totally agree... healthcare under pressure with more cases, no reduction in daily clusters, no evidence that vaccine eliminates COVID, yet they are suddenly doing accelerated open-legs.

Totally not the usual style.

Maybe OYK wants to make a big bet. Win big or lose big.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4