COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

Just now, CremornePt said:

I bet ICA is working on EU Covid-19 passport interoperability & vice versa w/ours.

Btw, speaking on verifying vaxx credentials... went for dine-in last night, showed the TT app page to the guy at the restaurant, who suddenly starts pointing & clicking on my TT app...

vac.JPG.f127a36c2eac1309e4e8e82a815a2f79.JPG

Never noticed the refresh icon on the TT app before!

(which they insisted on clicking themselves)

this restaurant staff is really on the ball ... [thumbsup] 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
31 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

I do believe internal EU travel procedures uses an online cert database. (since july 1st)

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

The European Commission has built a gateway through which all certificate signatures can be verified across the EU.

Can be used at border crossings. Of course you can try faking your own identity at the same time, but that becomes a bit more serious...

US on the other hand uses CDC paper certs only, I think. 

"Those who uses hard copy certs are my BFFs...$$..Cha-ching..$$," says India   :grin:

• Haha! 5

Turbocharged
38 minutes ago, Didu said:

They never learn from HK episode last year?

Coronavirus: Hong Kong shuts karaoke lounges, mahjong parlours and nightclubs to control outbreak

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3077887/coronavirus-hong-kong-government-adds-karaoke

Actually, it is just one word in play - "Complacent" with the virus going down, people just don't care about the mask and wanna have full activities liao. I have to say at times, I also wanna go out to enjoy, but I slight better than some people. I tend to keep low and be very safe. Also I think I don't wanna put my job a risk

• Praise 5

50 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

I bet ICA is working on EU Covid-19 passport interoperability & vice versa w/ours.

Btw, speaking on verifying vaxx credentials... went for dine-in last night, showed the TT app page to the guy at the restaurant, who suddenly starts pointing & clicking on my TT app...

Why mine no have? I'm still waiting for the 14days though.

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

Actually you pay $100 and risk yourself getting infected and also risk other people including your family. Worse still, when you get infected and found out your papers are forged, you get into trouble with the law. Normal mind for me, no no no

Actually vaccinated people also can infect their family. There is no difference. Many people thought vaccinated means they won't ever get Covid and they are the final destination for covid transmission, which is the wrong impression. A dangerous misunderstanding too imo.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Actually vaccinated people also can infect their family. There is no difference. Many people thought vaccinated means they won't ever get Covid and they are the final destination for covid transmission, which is the wrong impression. A dangerous misunderstanding too imo.

Agree, but my statement is only targeting on those who lie and forge documents. For those who are vaccinated, I am one of them. I still wear my mask everywhere and like I say in my other post. Behave like a robot for those protocols. 

• Praise 6

2 hours ago, CremornePt said:

I do believe internal EU travel procedures uses an online cert database. (since july 1st)

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

The European Commission has built a gateway through which all certificate signatures can be verified across the EU.

Can be used at border crossings. Of course you can try faking your own identity at the same time, but that becomes a bit more serious...

US on the other hand uses CDC paper certs only, I think. 

I remember when I drive from Germany in/out to Holland, there is no border. Just a continue highway with signboard showed you are entering another country. Does it mean now they set up temporary road stop borders? 

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

this restaurant staff is really on the ball ... [thumbsup] 

My colleague don't used TT. He is using the token. So he make extra copy of the vaccination certificate. 

The restaurant verify cert with his IC.

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Agree, but my statement is only targeting on those who lie and forge documents. For those who are vaccinated, I am one of them. I still wear my mask everywhere and like I say in my other post. Behave like a robot for those protocols. 

You are at high risk country, you need to be very very on the ball.

• Praise 4

I dont like people, esp stranger to touch my phone, esp during this covid period. Dont understand why the restaurant guy needs to click themselves? I can click it myself infront of them if they scare my screen is fake or something la, no need to touch my phone. Or some even worst, take the whole phone away and start clicking. <_<

this morning at Starbucks their phone cannot detect my phone to obtain the info, but when they refresh the app, immediately can detect, I guess it's like clearing cache.  No wonder some places I went took quite long to detect when I place the phone next to the reader.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

You are at high risk country, you need to be very very on the ball.

Indeed, I have so many close shave already. So what I did to my people is to have the supervisors to keep chanting he sutra to the people. Even make carton posters to remind social distancing, remind sick people not to go into office/factory and go for company supplied testing, not to smoke with people around and not chat and blah blah blah. Everyday here and there, when remembered need to remind and remind. I am numb liao

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, CremornePt said:

Yeah, just to make sure it's not a screenshot :grin:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Dont understand why the restaurant guy needs to click themselves?

I thought that was inappropriate & unhygienic as well, it happened real quick before I could even react - next time I'll refresh unprompted when showing the app.

At least he didn't touch my forehead to verify the temperature reading! 😀

• Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Tohto said:

I remember when I drive from Germany in/out to Holland, there is no border. Just a continue highway with signboard showed you are entering another country. Does it mean now they set up temporary road stop borders?

I know several EU countries (definitely remember reading about Germany) put physical land border checks, when COVID started shutting down EU countries down. I'm sure some places check vaxx certs.

Also EU airlines definitely check vaxx cert at check-in as well, happened to an overseas colleague last month...I think he flew Spain - France.

Maybe fake certs aren't much of an issue between EU countries anyway - vaccines are free & generally available everywhere in EU, so why even bother falsifying docs. Also you'd think people who travel & mingle across borders would be generally interested in having protection...

Similar to us - who would seriously bother faking their vaxx cert, vaccines are walk-in available - if they'd ever get caught, sure staycation behind bars...

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

I know several EU countries (definitely remember reading about Germany) put physical land border checks, when COVID started shutting down EU countries down. I'm sure some places check vaxx certs.

Also EU airlines definitely check vaxx cert at check-in as well, happened to an overseas colleague last month...I think he flew Spain - France.

Maybe fake certs aren't much of an issue between EU countries anyway - vaccines are free & generally available everywhere in EU, so why even bother falsifying docs. Also you'd think people who travel & mingle across borders would be generally interested in having protection...

Similar to us - who would seriously bother faking their vaxx cert, vaccines are walk-in available - if they'd ever get caught, sure staycation behind bars...

When I drive from Germany into Holland pre-covid definitely no border. Just a big over head sign board welcome to holland. Then further down a bit can exit to the tourism center.

• Praise 2

30 minutes ago, CremornePt said:

I thought that was inappropriate & unhygienic as well, it happened real quick before I could even react - next time I'll refresh unprompted when showing the app.

At least he didn't touch my forehead to verify the temperature reading! 😀

These people really quite fast to stretch out their hands to touch others people phone, before you can even react. I need to dettol my phone if such thing happened. [laugh] You can say i am OCD, but i really hate strangers to touch my personal stuff.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2