COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

https://mothership.sg/2021/08/16-year-old-cardiac-arrest-covid-vaccine-2/

MOH added that the teenager is "recovering steadily and currently undergoing inpatient rehabilitation".

"He is making good progress and can perform his activities of daily living without assistance."

The teenager will likely be discharged in the coming weeks, but will likely need outpatient rehabilitation for some time, before he can return to school and resume other activities, the ministry said.........

MOH said that the teenager and his family have been offered a one-time financial assistance of S$225,000 under the Vaccine Injury Financial Assistance Programme (VIFAP).

The table indicates that the one-time payout of S$225,000 is available for serious side effects which result in death or permanent severe disability........

----------------------------------------------

🤔 225k?

"Death or permanent serve disability"

↡ Advertisement
  • Sad 3

Many here still advocate to discriminate those unvaccinated!😰

Damn.. .getting 2nd shot this coming Friday together with wifey. 🤔

Go or no go?

225k such a cheap price to pay.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

I read the news report  and it made me had the impression that he was recovery " well " . Really KNN 

"He is making good progress and can perform his activities of daily living without assistance," said the ministry in a press release.

“He will likely be discharged in the coming weeks, but will likely require outpatient rehabilitation for some time before he can return to school and resume other activities," it added.

“The medical team will continue his treatment and monitor his condition.” 

Read between the lines.

225k for death or permanent disability according to MOH website.

• Sad 1

Just now, Kopites said:

Read between the lines.

225k for death or permanent disability according to MOH website.

does than mean the 16 years old boy will have "permanent disability" ? [bigcry] 

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Wt_know said:

does than mean the 16 years old boy will have "permanent disability" ? [bigcry] 

Newspaper said recovering well but MOH awarded him 225k (damnn cheap) which is for death and permanent disability.

Out of "goodwill"?

Screenshot-2021-08-16-at-4.17.49-PM.png

1 minute ago, Kopites said:

Many here still advocate to discriminate those unvaccinated!😰

Damn.. .getting 2nd shot this coming Friday together with wifey. 🤔

Go or no go?

225k such a cheap price to pay.

A lot of here had been vaccinated. 

None of us has any adverse side effects.

In fact, I registered my interest on the day it was opened for my age group.

Since you have young kids and you can't work from home, it would be better than you are vaccinated.

• Praise 5

There is really not much of a choice here.

Vaccine is the only way out of this pandemic.

And vaccines are not 100% safe. Someone has to take a hit for the rest of humanity.

If everybody no vaccine, in the end, a lot more people die anyways.

It's just the number of deaths, and that is inevitable.

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Since you have young kids and you can't work from home, it would be better than you are vaccinated.

I ask for a company letter to appeal for early vaccination before my age group was open.

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I have some qualms when vaccine first started. I wanted to wait a while and see what happens.

Then I realized I have a 3 year old toddler. I can't afford to bring COVID back home.

So I got vaccinated the earliest chance I get, not for me, but for him.

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Yes.  Likely so as I have planned Friday off (hold hands walk walk with wifey)

Anyway always felt unease hearing such negative news especially come to the vaccination program.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

I have some qualms when vaccine first started. I wanted to wait a while and see what happens.

Then I realized I have a 3 year old toddler. I can't afford to bring COVID back home.

Vaccination won't prevent you from being infected. You will still being covid home. Still need to stay safe though.

My practice is not to stay put for long hours at one spot except offices. Always on the move be it groceries/exercising.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Bro, getting vaccinated doesn't mean one won't catch COVID. It simply means that symptoms are milder or asymptomatic. The individual will probably not die or be severely affected.
Best way to protect your toddler is to protect yourself with due care which (I am sure) you are already exercising. Make sure that you don't catch COVID in the first place.

• Praise 2

20 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Newspaper said recovering well but MOH awarded him 225k (damnn cheap) which is for death and permanent disability.

Out of "goodwill"?

Screenshot-2021-08-16-at-4.17.49-PM.png

Not all disability is visible. Maybe he got permanent heart risk?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Yes.  Likely so as I have planned Friday off (hold hands walk walk with wifey)

Anyway always felt unease hearing such negative news especially come to the vaccination program.

Look at it this way. By now, there are 100s of millions of people already been vaccinated around the world.

If it's bad or unsafe, millions of people would have been maimed or dead since yesterday. But they are not.

Maybe for my older age, it's less problematic. I only had arm sore at the poke site. No fever, nothing.

Anyway, I'm eager for a 3rd shot, it's still free. [laugh]

I admit, I only had 2 out of 3 shots of hep B before this COVID started, bcuz it was getting too expensive. [:p]

• Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Flying_genie said:

Bro, getting vaccinated doesn't mean one won't catch COVID. It simply means that symptoms are milder or asymptomatic. The individual will probably not die or be severely affected.
Best way to protect your toddler is to protect yourself with due care which (I am sure) you are already exercising. Make sure that you don't catch COVID in the first place.

If vaccinated means won’t get infected and spread to others, the jurong port cluster won’t spread until so big liao. More than 1000 cases.

I still believe mask wearing, avoid mingling, keep safety distance and washing hands are the key.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 6

20 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Look at it this way. By now, there are 100s of millions of people already been vaccinated around the world.

If it's bad or unsafe, millions of people would have been maimed or dead since yesterday. But they are not.

Maybe for my older age, it's less problematic. I only had arm sore at the poke site. No fever, nothing.

Anyway, I'm eager for a 3rd shot, it's still free. [laugh]

I admit, I only had 2 out of 3 shots of hep B before this COVID started, bcuz it was getting too expensive. [:p]

Hep B is under the Adult Vaccination Program, can claim Medisave.

21 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

If vaccinated means won’t get infected and spread to others, the jurong port cluster won’t spread until so big liao. More than 1000 cases.

I still believe mask wearing, avoid mingling, keep safety distance and washing hands are the key.

True lo, whether vaccinated or not vaccinated, still must reduce mingling and go to crowded places, wear masks and follow all the safe measures strictly. Cannot say since vaccinated liao, even tio covid also mild and no serious ill, and then can bo chap on safe measures la. I think even condition is mild or no symptoms after tio covid for vaccinated people doesnt mean that person should infected with covid.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1