COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

18 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

If that limelight hogger want to be a maverick, ask him to scrap TT lor. What’s Trace Together for in the first place?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, as they always say 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Freeder said:

It’s abt time to appt Prof.Tambyah to head a special committee to address this serious issue.

We have one of the Best Infectious Doc in the world but PAP would rather risked our lives with a mediocre team of jokers to handle this pandemic..

Just disband the current useless wayang team.

All the while , I’m against a non doc to lead MOH and alas the mess he created now...

Even HC also buay tahan liao..

If we continue to drag our feet, more serious consequences will happen sooner or later..

Just think about it. 

Who was the one who appointed Ong to MOH from MOT? Who? You tell me who is the biggest bozo behind all this mess? 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

12 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

If that limelight hogger want to be a maverick, ask him to scrap TT lor. What’s Trace Together for in the first place?

Millions poured into the TT project and now gradually become an elephant in white. Not the first nor last. 

I don't see the reason why we are still required to carry TT around or safe entry altogether. Sick just visit the doctor be a part of statistics of daily cases.

Info not going to release for public viewing anyway, right?😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Lethalstrike said:

Just think about it. 

Who was the one who appointed Ong to MOH from MOT? Who? You tell me who is the biggest bozo behind all this mess? 😁

this appeared in my feed.....i blame u

image.png.2881623e1409b5fd1ae1b2b31add718d.png

• Haha! 6

1 minute ago, Lethalstrike said:

Just think about it. 

Heng was the smartest of that lot.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

10 hours ago, inlinesix said:

It is More valuable lesson for leadership courses.

When there is NO text book plan to follow, BE PREPARED to be scolded for whatever action (one thinks is appropriate).

Speaking from a safety professional point of view, I wouldn't say there is NO text book plan to follow. What are emergency preparedness, business continuity planning, crisis management, etc. all about? As for reference point, which is crucial in every planning stage, the rule of thumb is either the worst case scenario or risk appetite (acceptable by ALL stakeholders). 

Pardon me for repeating like a broken record, during SARS, when none in the ministries are sure of what to do, they set up working committees with some key stakeholders, listened to them and adopted what were feasible, laid down stringent rules and regulations (too many to list all here). Life was painful back then and many are in fear, but we turned around in just a few months time. 

For this COVID-19 pandemic, we have too many missed opportunities, just need to run through all the Covid threads and posts on MCF and you can see many things were mentioned way before situation turn bad, definitely not 马后炮。

It all depend on what's the guiding principles. For me, it is about saving lives. At my workplace, I implement much more stringent controls, so much so that I am the #1 "enemy" in the management team, BUT we have 0 +ve case (even when family members of employees and their neighbours got it), highest vaccination rate in the region, and the intangible benefits was high employee moral and less resistance to new initiatives. 

Just a few weeks back, my workplace was audited by the enforcement unit and the inspectors were surprised with what we have implemented, kept repeating that they have not seen anything like that in the other companies they have visited. In fact, we even exceeded a set of new guidelines the ministries are going to roll out soon. And finally my management see the values of all these unpopular moves... 

• Praise 21

10 hours ago, inlinesix said:

When 2 TT devices are linked for 15 mins, both persons are considered linked.

A lot of unlinked cases might need more time to link to existing cluster 

or it could be a new cluster.

When more data is included in Daily Press Release, these unlinked cases may not be unlinked a few days after it was initially announced 

Except thst the delta variant actually requires much less than 15 minutes to spread.   So it might not be so useful.  Cos if TT starts to give contacts of less than 1 minute, there would be too much data to process.

9 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Speaking from a safety professional point of view, I wouldn't say there is NO text book plan to follow. What are emergency preparedness, business continuity planning, crisis management, etc. all about? As for reference point, which is crucial in every planning stage, the rule of thumb is either the worst case scenario and the risk appetite (acceptable by ALL stakeholders). 

Pardon me for repeating like a broken record, during SARS, when none in the ministries are sure of what to do, they set up working committees with some of the key stakeholders, listen to them and adopt what was feasible, lay down stringent rules and regulations (too many to list here). Life is painful back then, but we turned around in just a few months time. 

For this COVID-19, we have too many missed opportunities, just need to run through all the Covid threads and posts on MCF and you can see many were mentioned way before situation turn bad, definitely not 马后炮。

It all depend on the guiding principles. For me, it is about saving lives. At my workplace, I implement much more stringent controls, so much so that I am the #1 "enemy" in the management team, BUT we have 0 cases (even when family members of employees and their neighbours got it), highest vaccination rate in the region, and the intangible benefits was high employee moral and less resistance with new initiatives. 

Just few weeks back, my workplace was audited by the enforcement unit and the inspectors are surprised with what we have implemented, keep mentioning that they have not seen anything like that in the other companies they have visited. In fact, we are have even exceeded the new guidelines the ministries are going to roll out soon. And finally my management see the values of all these unpopular moves... 

Please co chair the Covid Task Force, thank you very muchie! 😁

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Just think about it. 

and to have two rivals being the co chairs.... at least appoint one as leader la.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

mai lah, than he will be so busy, who will start the COE thread  ? [laugh]

• Haha! 6

Last Jan when the Delta variant was at the peak, we still open our borders to them..

The guy who approved that need to be shot..

Now we are facing the consequences of that foolish decision..

• Praise 4

30 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

He can't. Only reckless people or self-serving people are eligible. Carbon is not one.

• Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Weez911 said:

He can't. Only reckless people or self-serving people are eligible. Carbon is not one.

Quite true also. You need to have a bigger risk appetite and a more reckless attitude towards risk based assessments. 

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Speaking from a safety professional point of view, I wouldn't say there is NO text book plan to follow. What are emergency preparedness, business continuity planning, crisis management, etc. all about? As for reference point, which is crucial in every planning stage, the rule of thumb is either the worst case scenario and the risk appetite (acceptable by ALL stakeholders). 

Pardon me for repeating like a broken record, during SARS, when none in the ministries are sure of what to do, they set up working committees with some of the key stakeholders, listen to them and adopt what we're feasible, lay down stringent rules and regulations (too many to list here). Life is painful back then, but we turned around in just a few months time. 

For this COVID-19, we have too many missed opportunities, just need to run through all the Covid threads and posts on MCF and you can see many were mentioned way before situation turn bad, definitely not 马后炮。

It all depend on the guiding principles. For me, it is about saving lives. At my workplace, I implement much more stringent controls, so much so that I am the #1 "enemy" in the management team, BUT we have 0 +ve case (even when family members of employees and their neighbours got it), highest vaccination rate in the region, and the intangible benefits was high employee moral and less resistance with new initiatives. 

Just few weeks back, my workplace was audited by the enforcement unit and the inspectors are surprised with what we have implemented, keep repeating that they have not seen anything like that in the other companies they have visited. In fact, we have even exceeded the new guidelines the ministries are going to roll out soon. And finally my management see the values of all these unpopular moves... 

I agree with you on stringent workplace measures taken.

Unfortunately, not many ppl like you are out there who is willing to be #1 enemy.

WfH is still the safest option (if possible).  Unfortunately, a lot of companies are willing to take risks with work from the office.

We can always blame the policy for not being tight enough.

Aren't everyone is a stakeholder in this pandemic?

If all stakeholders are not doing their part, case number will rise.

I know what you said about many missed opportunities.  I was 1 of the person who keep this thread (or its previous incarnation alive) in January.

• Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Last Jan when the Delta variant was at the peak, we still open our borders to them..

The guy who approved that need to be shot..

Now we are facing the consequences of that foolish decision..

It is not just CECA.

There are also a lot of infected maids imported in January and February.

• Praise 2

Without any extra tightening measures, cases will just rise exponentially until everyone in SG will at some point kena or died of COVID.

Is that the end game?

8 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Without any extra tightening measures, cases will just rise exponentially until everyone in SG will at some point kena or died of COVID.

Is that the end game?

sk9nb6lgccq31.gif.e4cb1aee37536291d3fcddf89b000e2d.gif

• Haha! 1

I think they must have read from somewhere. 

"With the cases rising and the people vaccinated, the numbers will peak somewhere as those people who are prone to get it will have gotten it. By then, the rest are protected and will guard against it......naturally the numbers will drop."

Haha, what a way. Maybe time to review salary again. My boss style

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1