COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Sun Xueling too.

Kenneth Mak probably got grandchildren.

He looks old.

This professor? Don’t look very old leh… 

When asked him what is current threshold figures new daily case ..? seem like he didn’t give a clear and direct answer leh… but he is very sure “living with covid” is the correct direction…. 

Edited by Odyssey2011
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

This professor? Don’t look very old leh… 

When asked him what is current threshold figures new daily case ..? seem like he didn’t give a clear and direct answer leh… but he is very sure “living with covid” is the correct direction…. 

Not this one. The professor at the MMTF briefing.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Sun Xueling too.

Kenneth Mak probably got grandchildren.

He looks old.

Kenneth is not that old. About 10 years older than me. Well below 60.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Please look at the population density of Singapore and Denmark first. And the fact that mRNA vaccine efficacy has always been higher for whites than asians.

Singapore - 7,804/km2

Denmark - 137.65/km2

The spread will be a lot faster. 

Why OYK didn't compare SG with HK in his speech? Its a closer example in terms of population, density, demographics and other factors.

Oh wait.. HK is using a "less effective vaccine", much lower vacced population %, but only single digit cases with minimum restrictions now.

Sorry for the inconvenient comparison.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I actually meant vaccination plus natural immunity together, ie vaccinated people getting COVID. That will probably give us the longest lasting protection and the way out of this. 

I just want to say something polite. Everything has to be based by evidence. Currently in Singapore we have zero serious illness among below 12. I have a son who is 7. We cannot live our lives based on worries, etc. Why are we even shouting about children dying from COVID when we have not even seen a single serious case of COVID below 12 locally. It is totally not logical. 

We had a dicussion about children vaccination with my Moh friends and they don’t know why we have not seen a single serious case of children COVID here yet. But they are monitoring closely. 

that’s all I have to say. Frankly, this thread vibe is really bad for me and that is why I avoided this for months like some others. I should continue and let you guys discuss with like minded people. Good luck and stay safe. 

I understand what you are saying on the natural immunity part. 

As we reopen cautiously, 3k a day is to be expected, G is just prepping us mentally. It may not be a bad idea to stagger out the Russian Roulette plays with the many oldies who refused to be vaccinated. 

We are so used to low numbers for the longest time, fear and partisanship are going to drive this thread to a new level of toxicity in the next few weeks.  There is no need to talk about data, evidence based approach, expert opinions and risks and benefits analysis.  Majority of the experts have either been coerced by G or bought over by the pharma industry. Many are now IB and PAP sycophants.  It is actually funny and not so funny at the same time. 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

He looks old. 😁

Haggard more like but he has lost weight and that could have accelerated the aging process

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, RadX said:

Haggard more like but he has lost weight and that could have accelerated the aging process

Yep and the head full of white hair. 

3 hours ago, Starry said:

The 2nd group are the cool cucumbers who will not even think about a situation until it happens in front of them. If the sky is to fall tommorrow,  they will enjoy every single hour today and worry about the sky tomorrow.

Cannot just enjoy today….. LKY “All I can say is……. No trouble because there’s a team in place that will handle it. Whether it will be 15, 20, or 30 years….”

https://www.thepeakmagazine.com.sg/interviews/what-lee-kuan-yew-thought-about-singapores-future/

This current crisis….maybe need a new study to reveal if there are a deep divide in how Singaporean view the current progress…. 

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

If doesn’t affect them greatly, thats why they dont think of other people and just think of themselves when implement such measures.

They will say the decisions, particularly diffiult ones are made with the majority of the people in mind. 

image.png.4792b21c7a37e321a597f6e176a197ef.png

• Haha! 2

its easy to say i am ok with endamic. i am ok to live with the virus, i am vaccinated, i am protected. gov open up now, i straight go kick soccer.

but only when me or my family member kenna infected, then i will really know if i am really ok with it. 

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 7

29 minutes ago, RadX said:

He was normal then fat then started thinning. Now he looks a bit fatter again but not as fat as he used to be. But damn old looking. 

Yes I've known him a long time. 😁

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

He was normal then fat then started thinning. Now he looks a bit fatter again but not as fat as he used to be. But damn old looking. 

Yes I've known him a long time. 😁

His hair looks whiter than Jan 2020.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Beregond said:

its easy to say i am ok with endamic. i am ok to live with the virus, i am vaccinated, i am protected. gov open up now, i straight go kick soccer.

but only when me or my family member kenna infected, then i will really know if i am really ok with it. 

We only need to know that our supreme leaders are so terrified of this virus that they are forgoing their duty of meeting with the people who voted for them.

That's all we need to know. The rest are all hogwash by their $$$IB$$$.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

Why OYK didn't compare SG with HK in his speech? Its a closer example in terms of population, density, demographics and other factors.

Oh wait.. HK is using a "less effective vaccine", much lower vacced population %, but only single digit cases with minimum restrictions now.

Sorry for the inconvenient comparison.

Out of a list of 233 countries, territories and special situations such as Diamond Princess in Japan, at this moment, based on Deaths per 1m population, Hong Kong sits at position 182 with Singapore at 197 (28deaths/1m vs 10/1m....for reference, Peru at #1 is 5927deaths/1m).

In regards cases per million, Singapore is listed at position 141 versus Hong Kong at 191 (12,000/1m vs 1604/1m..... US #15, UK#27 and Denmark #78).

You are right to say minimum restrictions, but that's locally whereby a 21-day quarantine is basically isolating HK from the rest of the world, and China, as well as leaving some residents stranded overseas. China has said they are unlikely to open to HK before March and HK's target so far was always to open to China first before anybody else. There is a growing number of people in HK, and NZ, opposing the country's isolation and lack of openness to others. This will reach a head at some point.

No doubt the current increase in cases numbers here will bring us closer to HK in terms of deaths in the coming months but I don't think we'll get close anytime soon. We need to remember, also, the bulk of Singapore's case numbers came from dorms in the middle of last year. It's an indictment of SG's treatment of foreign workers compared to HK, but at the same time the numbers act as praise to our health care capacity and members. I know the HK care system and whilst it is free for residents etc., there is not a difference to the UK and other western countries with massive waiting lists and extremely slow care in the beginning. Once you are in, great, but you could be dead by then.

• Praise 2

9 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Out of a list of 233 countries, territories and special situations such as Diamond Princess in Japan, at this moment, based on Deaths per 1m population, Hong Kong sits at position 182 with Singapore at 197 (28deaths/1m vs 10/1m....for reference, Peru at #1 is 5927deaths/1m).

In regards cases per million, Singapore is listed at position 141 versus Hong Kong at 191 (12,000/1m vs 1604/1m..... US #15, UK#27 and Denmark #78).

You are right to say minimum restrictions, but that's locally whereby a 21-day quarantine is basically isolating HK from the rest of the world, and China, as well as leaving some residents stranded overseas. China has said they are unlikely to open to HK before March and HK's target so far was always to open to China first before anybody else. There is a growing number of people in HK, and NZ, opposing the country's isolation and lack of openness to others. This will reach a head at some point.

No doubt the current increase in cases numbers here will bring us closer to HK in terms of deaths in the coming months but I don't think we'll get close anytime soon. We need to remember, also, the bulk of Singapore's case numbers came from dorms in the middle of last year. It's an indictment of SG's treatment of foreign workers compared to HK, but at the same time the numbers act as praise to our health care capacity and members. I know the HK care system and whilst it is free for residents etc., there is not a difference to the UK and other western countries with massive waiting lists and extremely slow care in the beginning. Once you are in, great, but you could be dead by then.

actually there is no need to compare history . past 1 year or 2, all of us make mistake.

its true alot of our cases are from dom. but i believe we deal with that, there is a period where they are 0 local cases popping up.

what important is not how well or bad we do in the past  1year +, but how well are we doing currently , and how we will do in the near future. 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Can summarize? Wall of words sia. 😁

Got all the money but kenna Covid and die then money also no use right?

But having money or not has nothing to do if you get covid.. SO it's not case that you can avoid covid by not having money. Best is have money and not get covid..😂 

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3