COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

On 9/11/2021 at 8:30 AM, Beregond said:

I really  dun know how we lost control of this.

Not long ago still single digit. Then double digits  and alot of ppl complain.  When it hit 100 we thought  ok that is the worst. Cannot get any worse then that. Suddenly now we have 500 and they  telling us gonna hit 2k/day.

What is most unacceptable  is that we didn't  even open up internally.  We are still doing the 1/2 plus 6 confinement restrictions  etc etc.

But the cases  simply keep ballooning .

We use the wrong vaccine? Or we use the wrong  ppl? Or worst both? 

Buay liao kai

I always keep reminding my daughter to keep having those good habits that I have and keep the virus away. 

But I think what you may not understand is many of them still not doing the necessary to protect themselves from the virus and also for those who get it. They should protect others from getting it. That is why you say buay liao kai. 

I just think before opening, the G should set up and step up a drive for this. I didn't see a good program for this at all

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I always keep reminding my daughter to keep having those good habits that I have and keep the virus away. 

But I think what you may not understand is many of them still not doing the necessary to protect themselves from the virus and also for those who get it. They should protect others from getting it. That is why you say buay liao kai. 

I just think before opening, the G should set up and step up a drive for this. I didn't see a good program for this at all

the way i see it.

those decision maker are at a lost. and they cannot agree among themself what is the best option. all the decision they make whether to open or close up, all 1/2 1/2.

the way it seem to me is they dun have a decisive leader among them atm. 

in chinese i would say walk 1 step see 1 step.

like u say , now the key is ownself take care of own family. 

• Praise 6

8 minutes ago, Arogab said:

There are 1 thing ppl keep on forgetting is COVID FATIGUE.

Regardless number of reminders, a lot of ppl starting to boh chup Liao.

• Praise 3

16 hours ago, Odyssey2011 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/chinatown-complex-closed-testing-for-visitors-and-staff-as-spore-reports-555-new

Chinatown Complex closed, testing for visitors and staff, as S'pore reports 555 new Covid-19 cases

I think event organisers with good intention like free food distribution could be more mindful about the logistics planning so that they will not inadvertently sabo the participants 

Edited by Jellandross

10 minutes ago, Beregond said:

the way i see it.

those decision maker are at a lost. and they cannot agree among themself what is the best option. all the decision they make whether to open or close up, all 1/2 1/2.

the way it seem to me is they dun have a decisive leader among them atm. 

in chinese i would say walk 1 step see 1 step.

like u say , now the key is ownself take care of own family. 

One thing I can say, they all now keep trying to do the things by so call "learning methods and data". I feel in such a case, we should be doing things at down to earth and ground levels

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

But at least we should see some programs but I don't see at all. I would say they should at least drive the knowledge down to many of them stronger that the Dengue reminders. In fact, it should be 3 times as hard

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Also, rightly or wrongly, watching TV and seeing Europe, US, Australia and NZ all pretty much going about their business, having fun, working and holidaying.... No matter the approach they took before or now.

Either path now shows similar results, sports stadiums and festivals are full. Mostly, they know people will die, but at the same time their bulk testing regimes seem stronger than our own, though I think now we are catching up on that side too but more needs done with available free, fast testing.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

@Turboflat4 I fully agree with your long post and have a few more points (supporting evidences) to add.

My workplace implemented similar if not more stringent control, split shifts and strictly no cross shift or cross site support, staggered meal time, anyone found violating safe management measures including having social gatherings among employees outside working hours will be subjected to disciplinary actions. 

There are more with visitor and vendor control such as barring those from affected dormitory or known clusters to enter our plant, with the same no cross shift cross site support, weekly ART test before entering the plant etc. 

Yes we incurred extra costs for all these arrangements, experienced delay in shipment for some products, and my car risked getting additional scratches from frustrated employees / contractors, etc. BUT when comparing a machine or process down for 14 days vs whole plant shut down for 14 days once there is a confirmed case, it is quite a no brainer. And the best testimonial is our 0 positive case for the past 1.75 years despite many positive cases among our contractors and supplier. 

Now on the part about touching the heart with for those who family members are hit, I have 2 cases to share. Both were strong support of opening up and no CB / lockdown. One of them until his father was hospitalized during the time when we had hospital cluster, started to kpkb why gov cannot control the situation, if there are large clusters should have go into CB... The other one has a toddler in childcare and until there are clusters in childcare centre / kindergarten, suddenly quite like church mouse in our chat group...

I too am bounded by OSA when I worked with government agency, else I would have a lot more to share. Maybe after situation stablize we can meet up to share our horror stories (insider news) :D:D

Jio me Jio me...Singapore number one fan of scoop😁

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

This thing is different from flu, this virus probably leave you with some issues in the lung. I got one employee suffering for after effect. He got chest pain and cannot breath well.

So it is better the virus disappear by human being isolating to get  rid of it rather than just get it 

As a person who once recovered from pneumonia, this long covid symptoms is similar to my road to full recovery. Almost a year before i got rid of all those chest pain when breathing(scarring?), fatigue. And I wonder if I had permanent loss of lung function due to the scarring. And also just after this, my first gout attack appears, maybe this just coincident. Wonder why it came as a surprise to the experts. 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Arogab said:

But at least we should see some programs but I don't see at all. I would say they should at least drive the knowledge down to many of them stronger that the Dengue reminders. In fact, it should be 3 times as hard

Since last year, I don’t see many ppl using hand sanitizer.

In December 2020, my wife even told me not to use it in the lift.

Ppl are giving me a strange look.

I ignore them. I always sanitise my hand whenever I touch foreign objects.

I paranoid to the extent of using Braun Softa-men.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

@Turboflat4 I fully agree with your long post and have a few more points (supporting evidences) to add.

My workplace implemented similar if not more stringent control, split shifts and strictly no cross shift or cross site support, staggered meal time, anyone found violating safe management measures including having social gatherings among employees outside working hours will be subjected to disciplinary actions. 

There are more with visitor and vendor control such as barring those from affected dormitory or known clusters to enter our plant, with the same no cross shift cross site support, weekly ART test before entering the plant etc. 

Yes we incurred extra costs for all these arrangements, experienced delay in shipment for some products, and my car risked getting additional scratches from frustrated employees / contractors, etc. BUT when comparing a machine or process down for 14 days vs whole plant shut down for 14 days once there is a confirmed case, it is quite a no brainer. And the best testimonial is our 0 positive case for the past 1.75 years despite many positive cases among our contractors and supplier. 

Now on the part about touching the heart with for those who family members are hit, I have 2 cases to share. Both were strong support of opening up and no CB / lockdown. One of them until his father was hospitalized during the time when we had hospital cluster, started to kpkb why gov cannot control the situation, if there are large clusters should have go into CB... The other one has a toddler in childcare and until there are clusters in childcare centre / kindergarten, suddenly quite like church mouse in our chat group...

I too am bounded by OSA when I worked with government agency, else I would have a lot more to share. Maybe after situation stablize we can meet up to share our horror stories (insider news) :D:D

Can reserve a seat for me but far away from the man who wants to kill me, Radx. 

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

As a person who once recovered from pneumonia, this long covid symptoms is similar to my road to full recovery. Almost a year before i got rid of all those chest pain when breathing(scarring?), fatigue. And I wonder if I had permanent loss of lung for function due to the scarring. And also just after this, my first gout attack appears, maybe this just coincident. Wonder why it came as a surprise to the experts. 

Scarring of lung is permanent and irreversible.

There are lots of Long COVID cases.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Ender said:

As a person who once recovered from pneumonia, this long covid symptoms is similar to my road to full recovery. Almost a year before i got rid of all those chest pain when breathing(scarring?), fatigue. And I wonder if I had permanent loss of lung for function due to the scarring. And also just after this, my first gout attack appears, maybe this just coincident. Wonder why it came as a surprise to the experts. 

These people are just trying to be experts saying those things which they think people don't know I suppose

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Since last year, I don’t see many ppl using hand sanitizer.

In December 2020, my wife even told me not to use it in the lift.

Ppl are giving me a strange look.

I ignore them. I always sanitise my hand whenever I touch foreign objects.

I paranoid to the extent of using Braun Softa-men.

I keep nagging at my guys, even as I drive off from office and see 2 guys talking and one of them not masked. I stop the car, and signal to them to put on the mask. Guessed my so call down to earth method actually worked and I am not having any employees infected since nearing end Aug. I will keep nagging and educating

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Can reserve a seat for me but far away from the man who wants to kill me, Radx. 

This lady got something against unvaccinated people. Your staff ah? 🤣

Wrote about unvaccinated people spreading the virus to asking unvaccinated people to foot hospital bill to making vaccination mandatory. 

This article tell people if scared of mRNA, can take Sinovac. For F sake, Sinovac and Sinopharm also no stock now.

S'pore should make Covid-19 vaccination mandatory, so measures can ease for everyone
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/spore-should-make-covid-19-vaccination-mandatory-so-measures-can-ease-for-everyone

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

23 hours ago, Voodooman said:

There is a risk that me or my family may get killed in a car accident everytime we get into our cars, so let's stay home and don't drive.  Lol

It is always about risks and benefits, and for G, the collective good and how best to mitigate the risk, if possible. I too have aged parents but we just have to do what we have to do and hope for the best.  There are no good alternative and outcome out of this shitty virus. 

Anyway, I am going to minimize posting in this thread, bad vibe and yes, there will be casualty.

Bro, agree with you but there is a better way to manage I think. One way or another, I have gone thru my factory's infection. But I suppose we should handle it properly rather than let hell broke loose

• Praise 1

I prefer enforce lockdown by Gov, right now is not about striking a balance between business survivability and population health risk.

if lockdown biz will suffer, currently Gov hope that we minimise outing therefore biz will still suffer. The longer we prolong this wave more ppl suffer.

Right now we are still studying will the vaccine be good enough to protect us from being critical ill and what will be the long term damage to the health be, I do not want to be part of the statistic to prove it right or wrong. 

From my own social media can still see my own circle of friends enjoying themselves outside, seem like lots of ppl is adapting to living with covid like endemic. There is nothing to wrong with their action, just that Im more conservative and think that staying away from the crowd is better for me and my family.

• Praise 6

10 minutes ago, Arogab said:

I keep nagging at my guys, even as I drive off from office and see 2 guys talking and one of them not masked. I stop the car, and signal to them to put on the mask. Guessed my so call down to earth method actually worked and I am not having any employees infected since nearing end Aug. I will keep nagging and educating

Good job on your part.

All business here should have this mindset.

Restaurant I went to strictly follow the rules.

What’s worrying is hawker centre. 

Edited by inlinesix
↡ Advertisement