COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

18 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Only before GE2020 bro.

Now they say they will teak the FT policy. I wanna see how it is done

16 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I have been staying in my estate for more than 15+ years old.  Only 2 MP has ever been here.

Sigh, for me, I do hear MP coming around. But I do not see how much they really work on it anymore. In the past, I have to admit I see changes, it seems like now and this current scenario. We are just KKGKK

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Sigh, for me, I do hear MP coming around. But I do not see how much they really work on it anymore. In the past, I have to admit I see changes, it seems like now and this current scenario. We are just KKGKK

Even without MP coming around, my estate has been designated as Silver Zone.

There is some road work to accommodate this change.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

My unvaccinated kids are going back to school today. See what is in store for our vaccinated future generations below:

1443593245_Heykiddo.thumb.jpg.73c610bf5f2b21a81c4f4070b4c1485a.jpg

i was told endemic liao .... just like a flu ... 2-3 days MC (5 days top) and recover at home

what the f is this? [mad] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Sad 3
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Arogab said:

LHL said the same thing in 2011 already bro. Has things changed? 10 years liao. He loved foreigners and new citizens la. 

One of these policies is foreign workers and immigrants.  It is not easy to maintain because these are policies where the benefits are there but they are long term, whereas the downsides are immediate, the side effects are visible and people react to them and we have to respond to this. The foreign workers and immigrants we have taken have given us considerable benefits. Our economy has grown, our population has increased but over the last few years, the changes have been taking place quite fast and Singaporeans worry about the impact on them. 

Last year I spoke of this at length in the Rally, so I will not repeat the explanations which I gave you, hopefully you remember what I said last year. I think Singaporeans understand the logic of the policy but the emotional impact, they still feel that and that still causes worry and concern.  So I empathise with this and we are acting to relieve the pressures and to make clear that we are putting Singaporeans first.  Tonight, what I would like to explain is not the basic rationale which I think you know but to talk about three further areas where we can help Singaporeans to cope with these issues and the consequences of these issues –housing, education and jobs. 

https://www.pmo.gov.sg/Newsroom/prime-minister-lee-hsien-loongs-national-day-rally-2011-speech-english

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

Just now, Fcw75 said:

LHL said the same thing in 2011 already. Has things changed? 

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Even without MP coming around, my estate has been designated as Silver Zone.

There is some road work to accommodate this change.

That's why we got WP giving them more and more pressure. Push them further

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

now i start to understand why some countries said ... no to endemic ... we cannot accept the virus and live with it

i think it is not if but when is endemic ... is it too early now? ....

P/M has not release the V2 vaccine to counter Delta ... [mad] 

i have loss confidence of P/M for protecting Delta infection .... [bigcry] 

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2021/08/09/china-warned-against-living-with-covid-19

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2021/aug/13/sticking-to-a-covid-elimination-strategy-keeps-new-zealands-options-open

like a chess game ... you were winning the game ... but you make 1 wrong move ... you lose it!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 8

10 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Cb limelight hogger. 125 kids are hospitalised due to covid as of today. The number will rise big time as school reopens tomorrow. 

fig3(12sep21).png.6d257313c38e8061b43fe0e81e031a21.png

This isn't good at all. I think we are already too late...

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 4

People think social activities are essential.

If they kenna Covid they will say cannot hide at home all the time right?

What if they got Covid and passed it to their kids or parents?

Going for music lessons still worth it?

:D

21 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

This isn't good at all. I think we are already too late...

All planned one lah. Slowly let us get used to the numbers. No 3k a day no talk. 

Remember we have to achieve herd immunity by having everyone exposed (immune, asymptomatic, a bit ill, very ill, or dead) . 5.6m population simple maths how long it will take even at 5k cases a day. 

• Praise 2

People with Covid like to go here go there one.

That's how they catch it and then they like to go here go there and that's how they spread it.

My colleague told her son every night you like to go out with your friends, what happens if you get Covid and pass to your grandma?

His grandma is a cancer survivor and still on medication.

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

This morning I found out one of my colleague daughter got Covid.

Then I found out 2 other colleagues went to Chinatown on Friday night.

So you can imagine if my colleague got it from his daughter and passed it on to one or both colleagues that went to Chinatown and passed it on.

The funny thing is my colleague that went to Chinatown only worried that Chinatown got Covid cases.

It never occurred to her that if she got Covid it could be her that is spreading it around Chinatown.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

On 9/12/2021 at 8:29 AM, Fcw75 said:

Sneaky basterd. Started since that limelight hogger became health minister  and then more and more data get omitted.

Next year, MOH will probably ask us back what is COVID.

He was also the one who did not stop South Asian from entering Singapore when Delta was raging there while he was the transport ministars!🤬

• Praise 3

I have made my peace and also made a will.

I leave everything to my wife but only if she got married again.

When someone marry my beautiful wife and meet my MIL then will be very sad I died.

Why did jamesc have to die?

If only he was still alive I wouldn't have this MIL.

• Haha! 13

1 staff tio covid, whole company WFH … aka company compulsory CB?

simi endemic … more like CB unlimited

865AC2A0-A82B-470E-B338-20005175FA7E.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3