COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Eh paiseh, I was looking for the graph which they used to display.

Not looking good for fully vaccinated.

Excluding kids, roughly 90% are vaccinated vs 10% unvaccinated in the population. The seriously sick are about 50-50. So vaccinated is still about 10 times less likely to be seriously sick. That's a bet I have taken. And most of us will kena sooner or later. Hopefully there will soon be a vaccine that actually prevents infection. That will change the maths totally. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

39 minutes ago, Beregond said:

which is why i ask . how much of our saving and reserve we touch / use for cov 19 already? how many % left? 

is our country so poor we cannot afford to lock down?

or is our saving largely un touch , while we risk our ppl to the virus while opening up??

i didnt research on this, no right or wrong, just my point for discussion. 

I think u got it all wrong, we sure got money to lock down but problem is lock down will reduce ur advantage in domestic and international trade cos many is opening up, including msia who still have hundreds of death daily as of yesterday.

We Singapore is a very trade dependent nation, so opening up earlier than others will definitely give us a strong advantage but at what social cost is the worry.

It's akin to early bird catches the worm aka 早起的鸟儿有虫吃.

Actually if u look at the current worldwide covid trend, lock down style is getting less popular cos i think and i think only, is more people will die or severely impacted by poverty or other health/mental issues caused by the lock down then thru contracting covid.

It's a fine balance, no right or wrong camp, in general i feel the rich will prefer lock down whereas the peasant will favor opening up, which most of u can guess why.

P.S. I'm not PAP IB, me touched heart vote WP in Sengkang last election.. haha.

Edited by Cheesey74
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

25 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I reply you if you use your main account. Chow IB

KNN, what main account, sub account, limpeh is bona fide MCFer since May 24, 2007 OK .... knn no respect for your senior.  

• Haha! 8

30 minutes ago, Beregond said:

which is why i ask . how much of our saving and reserve we touch / use for cov 19 already? how many % left? 

or is our saving largely un touch , while we risk our ppl to the virus while opening up??

Do you know with more than > 50% certainty that the pandemic will end in 6 or 12 months?  

The original outbreak last year cost us $100b. To break Delta, we will probably need a stricter and tighter CB and perhaps for a longer period of time.   How much for a CCB?   With Covid fatigue, we might need CCP to do a CCB. Lol

And while a CCB may be able to bring the number down for a few months, once KNN CCB measures are relaxed, numbers will shoot up again. It is already proven everywhere. 

So the cycle repeats itself, with no end in sight. It is a bottomless pit. 

Zero Covid is a pipe dream. Even CCP is finding it hard. 

• Praise 6

4 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

I think u got it all wrong, we sure got money to lock down but problem is lock down will reduce ur advantage in domestic and international trade cos many is opening up, including msia who still have hundreds of death daily as of yesterday.

We Singapore is a very trade dependent nation, so opening up earlier than others will definitely give us a strong advantage but at what social cost is the worry.

It's akin to early bird catches the worm aka 早起的鸟儿有虫吃.

Actually if u look at the current worldwide covid trend, lock down style is getting less popular cos i think and i think only, is more people will die or severely impacted by poverty or other health/mental issues caused by the lock down then thru contracting covid.

It's a fine balance, no right or wrong camp, in general i feel the rich will prefer lock down whereas the peasant will favor opening up, which most of u can guess why.

Anyone wants to guess what will happen to our regional hub status while other countries open up? Actually this might be a good way to get rid of all the fake FTs and untalented locals.  😂

• Haha! 5

39 minutes ago, Beregond said:

they did touch more than 100b of reserves to finance the last CB.  how much left nobody outside the innermost circle will ever know.    

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
47 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Isn't @BabyBlade your colleague or partner or something?

Act act only.....

no one in the office hiew me one. i lowest life form here leh. you see cockroaches you will go over and sayang meh? 

i am like cockroach. 😎

• Haha! 7

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

no one in the office hiew me one. i lowest life form here leh. you see cockroaches you will go over and sayang meh? 

i am like cockroach. 😎

image.png.dff2dba357183432b8e7a84c3cfbcd68.png

• Haha! 3

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

i am like cockroach. 😎

corrected for you

• Haha! 7

18 minutes ago, Chongster said:

they did touch more than 100b of reserves to finance the last CB.  how much left nobody outside the innermost circle will ever know.    

The 100bn benefitted some selected few tremendously, eg medical groups, those companies who received wage subsidies and yet biz bloomed. Even curry puff company had exceptional profits. 

How many more 100bn are we willing to throw? 

• Praise 4

12 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

The 100bn benefitted some selected few tremendously, eg medical groups, those companies who received wage subsidies and yet biz bloomed. Even curry puff company had exceptional profits. 

How many more 100bn are we willing to throw? 

Recently i saw a documentary 60 minutes.. same thing in Australia.. seem some company return the $$$

Every crisis or pandemic will make the rich FxxKING rich... new money in the system.. don take is stupid.. while the poor continue to work harder as our ancestor always said Hard work will make you successful.. guess they define success differently! whahahhaha..

• Praise 3

28 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

i am like cockroach. 😎

Unless your name is Amoeba else you cannot be the lowest life form. 

Your name Amoeba? 

😁

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
Just now, Fcw75 said:

Unless your name is Amoeba else you cannot be the lowest life form. 

Your name Amoeba? 

😁

don want lah. amoeba no need to find partners to give birth leh! that is.... erm... 

sad! 😂

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Isn't @BabyBlade your colleague or partner or something?

Act act only.....

Doubt they are an item.

One seeking help how to disengage her handbreak.

One here sprouting nonesence wanting to sign up tinder plus.

• Haha! 5

16 minutes ago, Chongster said:

If you google GIC, MAS and Temasek, you can make a rough guess but noone really knows. A lot of money are however stuck in strategic national assets, we can't be selling DBS, SIA, SGX, PSA, Singapore Power, etc and we need to keep some to fight hypocrite speculators like George Soro.

• Praise 5

I am in the health and wellness industry and also in the transportation business and I am very affected.

All the men buy new cars with high COE and money left for wife to go for massage.

:D

COE going up means more people buy new cars and less people buy used cars.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2