COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

19 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Shxt. Another worker's family got positive (they don't know where they got it from), and she is a 1st degree contact.. doesn't look good. 

Now my office is really really short handed. Thanks, Ong Ye Kung, for opening up. You are a godsent to my business. 

OMG, take care of yourself bro.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

21 hours ago, Ender said:

Ya,  I want to try a non-mRNA as my booster. But not Sinovac. 🤣

Yes, me too, unless 3rd Pfizer shot can fix my irregular heartbeats from them in the 1st place.

19 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

All the best bro and take care. Hope nothing serious.

Yes, they should just include Sinovac and Sinopharm from the beginning. But would you take them? 😁

Probably Sinopharm, actually I was waiting for Novavax.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, bsswan said:

It's what happens when people can't travel for 2yrs.

I didn't notice a petrol increase but I can imagine it was a way of trying to keep people at home all the while those that needed to travel didn't want to take public transport? The amount is small change but property, well, the same is happening in HK - money exports from the mainland. As you say, too much liquidity. HK is not worrying about the many thousands fleeing overseas as their replacements are more understanding of the political system, have more money, and are usually more talented 😁

I also don’t notice much of petrol price from increase in tax.

Some of the liquidity could be hot money from the North.

These money could be in before Pandemic.

For HK, it is losing educated middle class.

Ppl from the north may not replace them.

Nowadays, there is no reason moving to HK.

5 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

errrr... IMHO not really.. some people don travel for 20 years still surviving by the days...

it is the NEW money in the mkt and all these accessible by the top of the cream..

Yes, some businesses did very, very, very, very well.

Ours did only very well in comparison to previous year, but the only thing we bought was an ongoing office renovation by spending a little of what SQ would normally get. ☺️ Hopefully start a new economy with a refreshed outlook and injected mojo.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

I also don’t notice much of petrol price from increase in tax.

Some of the liquidity could be hot money from the North.

These money could be in before Pandemic.

For HK, it is losing educated middle class.

Ppl from the north may not replace them.

Nowadays, there is no reason moving to HK.

My understanding was that a lot of the HK money is coming from the mainland, even if they don't propose to relocate. Either way, without making any visits there nearly 2yrs, I'm also pretty much out-of-the-loop at the moment.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Gahmen outsourced to PW. PW outsourced to kucing kulat companies. Easy money. That's how our 100bn is thrown away. 

As the largest organisation and employer in Sg, the silver service is not even willing to organise and run the vac centres and employ necessary staff themselves. That says so much about the people in it. All just throw taxpayers' money away to outsource their responsibility and accountability. 

Eg there are lots of gahmen employees who are not fully utilised giving the current situation, eg immigration officers, Tourism Board staff etc. Or even SQ employees who are 50% paid by taxpayers. Why are they not reassigned to run the vac centres? 

It is ok to outsource it as we need HCW to do their full time job.

I will be uncomfortable if vac center is manned by non healthcare personnel.

18 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

yaloh yaloh.. who know by selling chair can buy a over $30 million GCB?

I believe alot of great grandfather/grandfather/father who make chair using cane by their bare hands can only afford 3 room flat then... sigh...

I know someone 23 years old own 5 cars liao.. the horsepower of each is more than all horses combine in turb club! whahahahhahaa..

That 23 years old is ole or new money?

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It is ok to outsource it as we need HCW to do their full time job.

I will be uncomfortable if vac center is manned by non healthcare personnel.

The vac centres ARE manned by mostly non HC workers. Eg students. 

• Haha! 1

Just now, Volvobrick said:

The vac centres ARE manned by mostly non HC workers. Eg students. 

If you meant to replace these poor students with civil servants, ok la.

Give these students chance to earn some pocket money 

Vax center has to be run by HC professional.

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

no one in the office hiew me one. i lowest life form here leh. you see cockroaches you will go over and sayang meh? 

i am like cockroach. 😎

2 hours ago, RadX said:

corrected for you

You see, no one will write "I am like Undertaker" 😂

• Haha! 3

56 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I know about this group of young ppl from China that moved here recently.

They are into crypto as well.

It is a matter of time before all governments (even China) crack down on crypto as it is too threatening to their monetary control monopoly. 

• Praise 3

7 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

It is a matter of time before all governments (even China) crack down on crypto as it is too threatening to their monetary control monopoly. 

China is cracking down on Crypto.

I think MAS has sandbox for Crypto.

17 hours ago, Ender said:

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/updating-our-healthcare-protocols-for-a-more-covid-19-resilient-nation

Transition to Home Recovery

12.     From 15 September 2021, Home Recovery will be the default care management model for individuals who are:

a) Fully vaccinated;
b) Aged 12 to 50 years old;
c) Have no or mild symptoms;
d) Have no severe co-morbidities or illnesses; and
e) Have no household members who are more than 80 years old, or are in one of the vulnerable groups (e.g. pregnant individuals; with weakened immune response; or with multiple co-morbidities).

I don't recall seeing any numbers reported for those who had covid and were on home recovery previously. So starting from today, just wondering will this number be reported along as part of the hospitalisation cases or excluded b'cos they are on this scheme?   

7 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Machiam reading a horror story... [sweatdrop]

• 832 local cases (755 community + 77 dormitory) 
  • 809 cases in hospital
  • 75 cases need oxygen
  • 9 cases in ICU

fig-1-(14-sep).jpg

Going at this rate, our healthcare system will not be able to cope soon... Now I see the reasons to shorten the quarantine period to 10 days and the push for quarantine / recovery at home.

Instead of controlling the source (having more restrictions to reduce the number of infected), we are increasing the risk of having more locally transmitted cases by implementing the above. Some may say probability is very low, but to me, every new case is one too many. [shakehead]

So people can COVID recover at home moving forward but does that count towards the national statistics of 'hospitalization'?

:slow:

↡ Advertisement