COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Because Ive remembered right from the start, it was to be 2 mths in between for Pfzier. And also some reports here and there about the efficacy of the vaccine need more time in between to be more effective. So I die die did not went for an earlier slot, despite all those around me asking me why not? 😄

Then you should go do the serology test and see if the long interval between 2 doses really help? 🤔

↡ Advertisement

910 today.

I'm sure will reach 2k in a few days.

Rejoice syco! Achievement unlocked.

Am certain this is great for our economy. 

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Because Ive remembered right from the start, it was to be 2 mths in between for Pfzier. And also some reports here and there about the efficacy of the vaccine need more time in between to be more effective. So I die die did not went for an earlier slot, despite all those around me asking me why not? 😄

my impression that Pfizer's recommended interval was 3 weeks. 

It was the UK that first went against this to lengthen the interval in order to give more people their first dose, raising eyebrows around the world. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Shibadog said:

my impression that Pfizer's recommended interval was 3 weeks. 

It was the UK that first went against this to lengthen the interval in order to give more people their first dose, raising eyebrows around the world. 

Should be correct. I think for us it was also 6-8 weeks initially as not enough vaccines to go around. There has been quite a few studies recently claiming that the sweet spot is 6-8 weeks for Pfizer in order to have the optimum amount of antibodies. 

Anyway, 1 mth or 2 mth intervals doesn't quite matter against Delta or newer variant. Proven useless in preventing infection and spread, even if vaccinated with Pfizer. No need ICU only... 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

Should be correct. I think for us it was also 6-8 weeks initially as not enough vaccines to go around. There has been quite a few studies recently claiming that the sweet spot is 6-8 weeks for Pfizer in order to have the optimum amount of antibodies. 

Anyway, 1 mth or 2 mth intervals doesn't quite matter against Delta or newer variant. Proven useless in preventing infection and spread, even if vaccinated with Pfizer. No need ICU only... 

Fully vaccinated also in ICU bro.

Only prevent death. 

From preventing infection to preventing serious illness to preventing death, already very low standard liao.

Over the last 28 days, the percentage of local cases who were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms is 98.1%. Of the 114 cases who required oxygen supplementation, 56 were not fully vaccinated and 58 were fully vaccinated. Of the 8 who had been in the ICU, 5 were not fully vaccinated and 3 were fully vaccinated.

Also, 8 weeks interval does help.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57929953

An eight-week gap seems to be the sweet spot for tackling the Delta variant.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 5

8 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

906.  By this weekend should be just nice can buy 4D number with first digit "1". Maybe will be Red Number cannot bet. 

• Haha! 1

Oh. My mom got the first jab of sinopharm yesterday.  According to her, the phone at the clinic was ringing all the time with waitlists calling to check if there were cancellations.....

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 1

13 hours ago, Voodooman said:

At a personal level and to a limited extent, yes but you are too optimistic if u think that is sufficient to get rid of the virus.

I am not optimistic at all, I am just saying that this is the only way to get rid of this virus as the basic rules is "The Virus needs a host to be alive" Thus if there is not one to jjump next, the virus will not survive. 

Reason why I am not optimistic is many people just cannot understand and do the same. Even as they understand the reasoning. Their minds will not stop them from going out and mixing around. Probably they will be thinking, "Why me? It is not me, it has to be those guys. They should Isolate, I am not a carrier". End up they are the ones or they are victims and spread with no ending. No just one, lots of them

• Praise 4

21 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Are you having trouble with specs fogging up wearing a mask ?

Try this :

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/problemsolved/2021/02/08/how-keep-glasses-fogging-face-masks/4439104001/

I weak my mask daily and properly, if I get specs fogging up, it just shows my mask is not properly worn and I make sure again it is pressed properly at the nose bridge.

9 hours ago, Weez911 said:

910 today.

I'm sure will reach 2k in a few days.

Rejoice syco! Achievement unlocked.

Am certain this is great for our economy. 

Havent 3k, don’t need to be excited lol

• Haha! 4

40 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Havent 3k, don’t need to be excited lol

As the saying here goes,

No 3K no talk! 😅

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Got the sms and booster shot?

Not yet. Maybe end of the Sep, since it will be 6 months then.

↡ Advertisement