COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

22 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i see the gov.sg still at 81 % for vaccination. 

say the numbers is 1200000. maybe about 1/2 i would say are under age kids? ( accurate??)

mean got 600000 unvaccinated adults moving around?? say among these 600k. 80% of them are super careful take alot of precaution .

20% of them are high risk, and 1/2 of those 20% got infected. if this is not control properly. 

we risk overloading our hospital. 

14 minutes ago, Beregond said:

hope can reach 95%+ soon, i see struck at 80-81 quite a few days already ,

and now basically any 1 can walk in to take a pizer or modena on the spot. 

If really 600k people unvaccinated quite a lot le, no wonder even the china vaccine stock also cannot cope with this demand. Now only pfizer and modena can cope with this demand, but too bad these people are either waiting for non mRNA vaccine or cannot jab due to medical issue.

This is why now super easy to go for pfizer and modena jab if still unvaccinated, just walk in anytime and not much queue also. Now is the mRNA vaccine waiting for people to come, and not people waiting for the vaccine. Lol.

↡ Advertisement

Just now, 13177 said:

If really 600k people unvaccinated quite a lot le, no wonder even the china vaccine stock also cannot cope with this demand. Now only pfizer and modena can cope with this demand, but too bad these people are either waiting for non mRNA vaccine or cannot jab due to medical issue.

This is why now super easy to go for pfizer and modena jab if still unvaccinated, just walk in anytime and not much queue also. Now is the mRNA vaccine waiting for people to come, and not people waiting for the vaccine. Lol.

i any how aga aga 1 la.

like i say , maybe i going crazy lol.

hope every 1 go take the bloody vaccine no matter which type. every 1 corporate once and for all. stop the spread swee swee 1 time. 

then open up . but really f---. this also so hard to do.........

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i think all the months of no social activity is really getting to me.

feel like we should just fu-- it and open up. and live like the west . they are enjoying life now also what.😭

That's the whole idea they are trying out. Just like the UK. When first open up, the case numbers shot up like crazy. But the hospitalisations and serious cases stayed manageable. This is the basis of our SG "experiment" and why they are letting the case numbers increase cautiously.

Seriously though i feel that once the hospitalisations are high and we want to stop the experiment with another heightened alert or circuit breaker - it may not be so effective anymore with the delta variant. Not so easy. As found out in PRC, their severe restrictions, while still working, are now no longer as effectively fast as before when the delta variant is concerned.

Now, hearing someone in our circle was a close contact and quarantined, seems like normal normal news. Nobody is alarmed.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

That's the whole idea they are trying out. Just like the UK. When first open up, the case numbers shot up like crazy. But the hospitalisations and serious cases stayed manageable. This is the basis of our SG "experiment" and why they are letting the case numbers increase cautiously.

Seriously though i feel that once the hospitalisations are high and we want to stop the experiment with another heightened alert or circuit breaker - it may not be so effective anymore with the delta variant. Not so easy. As found out in PRC, their severe restrictions, while still working, are now no longer as effectively fast as before when the delta variant is concerned.

Now, hearing someone in our circle was a close contact and quarantined, seems like normal normal news. Nobody is alarmed.

i have been super strict and careful since the start, cos my parents live with me, and they not vaccinated. until now manage to get 1 shot.

when they are fully vaccinated, i guess i will start to find some activity liao, 😂

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Jamesc said:

I also say no KTV very sian.

But sian is better than getting Covid.

:D

u need to be specific leh,

u no ktv sian.

or no butterfly sian😆

Edited by Beregond
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Can say they are gambling on this trial and error thing, if successful good lo, if not successful then dont know what they are going to do next?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

i have been super strict and careful since the start, cos my parents live with me, and they not vaccinated. until now manage to get 1 shot.

when they are fully vaccinated, i guess i will start to find some activity liao, 😂

You waiting for non mRNA for your parents?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/scientists-keep-getting-covid-19-predictions-wrong-heres-why

"SINGAPORE - If scientists have learnt anything about Covid-19 over the past 20 months, it is that they don't know enough."

"We thought we knew so much about coronaviruses and how they would behave," Professor Leo said, recalling predictions made last year when the virus was brand new. "And we were totally wrong."

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Can say they are gambling on this trial and error thing, if successful good lo, if not successful then dont know what they are going to do next?

Haha.. gamble? whose life?… 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/scientists-keep-getting-covid-19-predictions-wrong-heres-why
"There are still a lot of unknowns," Prof Leo said. "Whatever we say today... maybe six months down the line, would be completely wrong."

With these reply from expert….. You tell me what is the odds of wining….if so…. 

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Haha.. gamble? whose life?… 

"There are still a lot of unknowns," Prof Leo said. "Whatever we say today... maybe six months down the line, would be completely wrong."

With these reply from expert….. You tell me what is the odds of wining….if so…. 

She want to tell the govt to wake the F up in a nice way. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Wt_know said:

vaccine > tio covid > recover at home > if tio covid again > recover at home > if serious > or bi good ...

this is not some what “herd immunity” aka live with virus? [confused] 

that’s why hk, taiwan, china, oz and nz said cannot live with virus ... at least not for now .... 

Nobody listening to you and me. It's ok we vote... we cross the box.

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

So far ok for your mum after taking the sinopharm? Got side effects like mRNA?

Looks like there are really tons of people still have not vaccinated and waiting for non mRNA vaccine!? And the cases now is so high out there now, no wonder people are getting kan cheong liao?

So far OK.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

i any how aga aga 1 la.

like i say , maybe i going crazy lol.

hope every 1 go take the bloody vaccine no matter which type. every 1 corporate once and for all. stop the spread swee swee 1 time. 

then open up . but really f---. this also so hard to do.........

Problem is non mRNA vaccines are hard to get.

And the govt donated some of our sinovac stocks away.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

i think all the months of no social activity is really getting to me.

feel like we should just fu-- it and open up. and live like the west . they are enjoying life now also what.😭

This is a very big test.

In corporate world, its like 24/7 on call.  You don't necessarily need to be actually called back to work but you are on standby 24/7.

Even if you never ever get called back, eventually may just find the restrictions too much and you quit.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1