COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

Looks like another change in rule ot reduce the workloads of gahment resources.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/covid-19-people-positive-rapid-test-result-self-isolate-3-days-test-kits-100-vending

People who have a positive antigen rapid test result and are able to self-isolate are urged to stay home for at least 72 hours, or three days, so that they can safely recover during that period and monitor their own health.

This will also ensure that those who test positive for Covid-19 avoid potentially spreading the infection to others, Associate Professor Kenneth Mak said. The director of medical services at the Ministry of Health (MOH) was speaking at a briefing with the media on Friday (Sept 17).

He added that rushing to a hospital emergency department may also expose individuals to more risk as there could be other infected people at the hospital. 
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/covid-19-people-positive-rapid-test-result-self-isolate-3-days-test-kits-100-vending

Compare to the old rules which require to immediately go to a SASH clinic to do a PCR test and wait for MOH call to assess your QO. Read Q18 in the below link.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/selftestart/faqs

image.thumb.png.49ff228126ff861dbdbbab35a44bd146.png

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

I even said if have to extend not seeing MIL I will do it to protect her from getting Covid.

We cannot be selfish and just think about ourselves. MIL safety comes first.

:D

What if you were living with your MIL?  And stuck in the same house for 2 years or more?  :D

• Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

I think they go by age. I got the sms asking my father to go for booster shot. He got it end March too, not yet 6 months.

Ah Loong also take liao. Don’t know he got receive sms or not. 😁

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/pm-lee-receive-covid-19-vaccine-booster-third-dose-2184256

I just received SMS, I think they probably send them out by batches, for all who's invited.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Starry said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/scientists-keep-getting-covid-19-predictions-wrong-heres-why

"SINGAPORE - If scientists have learnt anything about Covid-19 over the past 20 months, it is that they don't know enough."

"We thought we knew so much about coronaviruses and how they would behave," Professor Leo said, recalling predictions made last year when the virus was brand new. "And we were totally wrong."

So assperts now doubting their own expertise.  Means they just learn what MCF knows all along.....

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Asspert says getting infected is for your own good

This is the whole "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" approach....... A method lived by for generations, including my parents'.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

What if you were living with your MIL?  And stuck in the same house for 2 years or more?  :D

I think if @Jamesctests positive, he will embrace the situation. And immediately embrace his beloved MIL. 😁

• Haha! 5

It is really everywhere. Just this week, I know of 3 friends and relatives who are quarantined at home after coming into close contact with positive cases. All at workplace, 2 in manufacturing environment and 1 in the office. 

Surprisedly, close contacts only took antigen tests but not PCR. Heard none of the positives reported any severe symptoms but it may be early days.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

54 minutes ago, bsswan said:

This is the whole "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" approach....... A method lived by for generations, including my parents'.

Let's try to guess what is coming soon...... some will share great ideas "How religions and religious leaders can help to teach us how to live with covid".... They will tell us "Every one of us will die eventually.....Only A Matter Of Time.... to die with or without covid only different.."...hahah

Edited by Odyssey2011

3 hours ago, Odyssey2011 said:

If next GE is tomorrow….Those swing voters are critical…. Then we wish them good luck…. Thank them for giving us this “living with covid” great plan… I am speechless 

They will tell you not only sg is “living with covid”, other countries also “living with covid” lo?! Lol.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Let's try to guess what is coming soon...... some will share great ideas "How religions and religious leaders can help to teach us how to live with covid".... They tell us "Every one of us will die eventually.....Only A Matter Of Time.... to die with or without covid only different.."...hahah

Worse..... I have a friend I've known 20yrs or so telling me yesterday of a zombie apocalypse coming next Friday and we're all doomed. The religious explanations for COVID are minor in comparison.

He was on the phone to me for an hour yesterday with numbers and proofs and this and that, telling me stock rice, canned food, water and solar panels before the end of next week. I could then survive the zombies beating down my door for a week or more.

No sh!t, this guy is serious, pronouncing himself a prophet.

He has been dressing in woman's clothes this whole 2021 for a reason he explained early this year, donated all his men's stuff earlier this week to charity and cut himself off from all social networks.

I worry what to do next Saturday IF we're still all here and I have to find way to stop this guy jumping from MBS.

From my side, religion is the last thing to listen.

Edited by bsswan
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 6

31 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

It is really everywhere. Just this week, I know of 3 friends and relatives who are quarantined at home after coming into close contact with positive cases. All at workplace, 2 in manufacturing environment and 1 in the office. 

You love it, didn't you? Good for economy huh

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, 13177 said:

They will tell you not only sg is “living with covid”, other countries also “living with covid” lo?! Lol.

Nobody has ever succeeded......The question is "Why make us be the early laboratory rat?"

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 2

29 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Surprisedly, close contacts only took antigen tests but not PCR. Heard none of the positives reported any severe symptoms but it may be early days.

At this moment, despite wife and colleague's wife both in retail, son at secondary and my business involved in Marine, Offshore, Logistics, Port and Infrastructure, none of us have been given any warnings for even a test.

Fingers crossed....no far not had a stick in my brain, but it's only a matter of time I suppose. 😁

• Praise 4

For those calling to open for the sake of economy, we will compare Q4 2021 GDP against Q2 2021, Q1 2021 and most importantly Q4 2020 for comparatives.

Compare both GDP and number of deaths for these quarters. Look at hard numbers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1