COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

8 minutes ago, bsswan said:

At this moment, despite wife and colleague's wife both in retail, son at secondary and my business involved in Marine, Offshore, Logistics, Port and Infrastructure, none of us have been given any warnings for even a test.

Fingers crossed....no far not had a stick in my brain, but it's only a matter of time I suppose. 😁

Yes. I am ready to kena in 2 months' time, one O levels is over. 

Meanwhile eating out less. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

It is really everywhere. Just this week, I know of 3 friends and relatives who are quarantined at home after coming into close contact with positive cases. All at workplace, 2 in manufacturing environment and 1 in the office. 

Surprisedly, close contacts only took antigen tests but not PCR. Heard none of the positives reported any severe symptoms but it may be early days.

I just feel all of us should expect to get it sooner or later and make plans to be at our best form when we kenna. Things like, if our vaciine is at it's 6th month, take extra precautio. Stay healthy. 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 4

28 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Nobody has ever succeeded......The question is "Why make us be the early laboratory rat?"

Think gahment is taking the chance if they might managed to succeed, then they can tell the whole world that they are number one?! 🙄

• Sad 2

Seems like no need to follow the protocol if self test to be postitive. The protocol is upon positiveon your self test kit, you should go to the nearest SASH clinic for doctor to assess and do PCR, then go home and wait for the PCR results. If PCR is positive, MOH will cntact you resgarding QO.

Now it seems, if self test is postive, self isolate at home for 3 day , after 72 hours, self test again, and if the 2nd test is negative, then is consider recover..  Like that this will not be reflected into the daily number of cases liao.

• Praise 2

19 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Yes. I am ready to kena in 2 months' time, one O levels is over. 

Meanwhile eating out less. 

Stay away from crowds lo. 

• Praise 3

27 minutes ago, Ender said:

Now it seems, if self test is postive, self isolate at home for 3 day , after 72 hours, self test again, and if the 2nd test is negative, then is consider recover..  Like that this will not be reflected into the daily number of cases liao.

what a effective way to bring down the number! 🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-fb-fined-nightlife-venues-licences-revoked-2185606

MSE said that more people can be seen visiting shopping malls, supermarkets, parks, F&B outlets, markets and hawker centres and congregating at outdoor areas, despite the Government’s call to reduce social activities amid rising COVID-19 cases.

Errrrr, what do they expect? 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

6 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-fb-fined-nightlife-venues-licences-revoked-2185606

MSE said that more people can be seen visiting shopping malls, supermarkets, parks, F&B outlets, markets and hawker centres and congregating at outdoor areas, despite the Government’s call to reduce social activities amid rising COVID-19 cases.

Errrrr, what do they expect? 

How to reduce visiting to supermarkets, parks, F&B outlets, markets and hawkers centres le, since people would say these places are essential visitation?! Lol. Maybe malls and parks can try to reduce going.

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Asspert says getting infected is for your own good

if so, shouldn't they start organizing some covid parties with the infected, they go get infected first, lead by example mah?

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Your potential future PM telling you that tio covid is your rite of passage. Our country's future is definitely in good hands.

Next song will be "meh meh tio". 

• Haha! 8

6 hours ago, Voodooman said:

It is really everywhere. Just this week, I know of 3 friends and relatives who are quarantined at home after coming into close contact with positive cases. All at workplace, 2 in manufacturing environment and 1 in the office. 

Surprisedly, close contacts only took antigen tests but not PCR. Heard none of the positives reported any severe symptoms but it may be early days.

My relative now SHN after daughter close contact with positive case in school

and another friend from work place

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

The government is a convenient scrapgoat for all the decision that went wrong. The truth is nobody can easily predict how the virus will pan out. Short term (3-5) it is unlikely to have the virus eradicated completely and efficiently. The only option we have right now is vaccine which only offers protection against severe illness and therefore reduce likelihood of death.

And because of the unpredictability of the virus, not possible to plan beyond the 3 years. 

The way I look at it is that locking up doesn't necessarily mean the virus will be completely gone. Just look at NZ. Delta variant still eventually find its way into the country. It is the truth that we have to live with the virus now and I personally think it will never go away. 

We are in transition. Learning how to live with the virus. I don't like it myself. That's the reality. There is no point blaming the government for their policies. The faster we get used to new ways of living, the better the population will be able to cope with 'living with the virus' concept. Unless one enjoys a total lock down or a very stringent control measures. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

No point posting it, even if we are personally under SHN/QO etc etc, or even if you yourself kena COVID. It is *everywhere* and will become even more everywhere over the next few days. 

And they're going to do absolutely nothing firm to stem the spread whatsoever. Just get used to it. All measures are meant to free up hospital space to take in more cases.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

10 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Just like dying will prevent future deaths.... 

Is this a joke?  Cos someone told me it is true.  Now obviously I am not saying you die now, it prevents you from dying later la.

But what happens in countries that that are going for herd immunity or even countries like Indonesia and India, what I am observing is the death rates have fallen.  But it was horrendous before.

So my take is that it is fated a certain number of people in each country will die of covid-19.  Its just whether it is a spike where the numbers are skewed to one side or spread out.

Those that have it skewed to one side have all the deaths earlier and now have fewer deaths while those that are spread out will not have the spike, but the deaths are spread out.

• Praise 5

5 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

The government is a convenient scrapgoat for all the decision that went wrong. 

Disagree.  Cos our govt has all the authority to do as it wishes.  If you are talking about USA where everything needs a consensus in Congress and even then you cannot enforce beyond a certain degree cos of human rights, I agree.

But not here.

And we have many experts advising the govt.

But note I am saying govt as an entity. If you say easy to blame OYK or something, much as I hate it, I have to concede.  I have been to business meetings before and a lot of things are sometimes pushed out despite objections.  And the one who has to announce it outside of the meeting gets the blame.  But the real blame lies in those in the meeting.

• Praise 10

Some people postings are just government propaganda. Very easy to spot. 

Govt are doing absolutely nothing much to stem the spread. It’s free for all now for the virus.

Talk is free until you, your elderly parents or kids get Covid. Then let’s talk again shall we?

So happened to see this guy posting on FB:

I know we are all in this together, but some "stronger" measures need to be enforced or introduced. Was notified by the school earlier that my daughter needs to serve LOA as she was in close contact with one of her schoolmates that is a confirmed case today. 

I know it's our social responsibility and blah blah blah ..... But, this is going to be endless if we are moving in this direction for the "endemic". 

It's really worrying .............

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7