COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

36 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

He didn't imply virus stop transmitting. The theory is that once the wave peaks, enough numbers of the population will have caught the infection or exposed to it and build immunity. Or died. Leaving us, as a whole, more resilient to covid after that. And that's why the wave will recede by itself , if the theory is correct.

seriously,  do you try to find a bright spot in his BS? How many people will get the infection in the next few weeks? 100K? Does it enough to build herd immunity? 

can't believe that we reach such as low point to resurrect the herd immunity nonsense again. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Guidance for Large or Extended Families Living in the Same Home…. Keep as much space as possible—stay at least 2 meters or 6 feet (about
2 arm lengths) apart—between the person who is sick and others, including pets. 
. Not easy….if you are living in tiny apartment. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/living-in-close-quarters.pdf

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Shocked 3

13 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Guidance for Large or Extended Families Living in the Same Home…. Keep as much space as possible—stay at least 2 meters or 6 feet (about
2 arm lengths) apart—between the person who is sick and others, including pets. 
. Not easy….if you are living in tiny apartment. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/living-in-close-quarters.pdf

Stupidity really no boundary. How to instruct dog to keep 2metre away!

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

He didn't imply virus stop transmitting. The theory is that once the wave peaks, enough numbers of the population will have caught the infection or exposed to it and build immunity. Or died. Leaving us, as a whole, more resilient to covid after that. And that's why the wave will recede by itself , if the theory is correct.

If the wave would not recede by itself by then, how ah? Did jinx oyk got say anything on this? 🙄

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If the wave would not recede by itself by then, how ah? Did jinx oyk got say anything on this? 🙄

Don't stop execising, and stay fit.. Be at your best form.

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

But WHO says "The ill person should stay in a separate room. If this is not possible, then keep at least a 1-metre distance from them. The sick person and anyone else in the same room should wear a medical mask." Now not sure who is right. 😑

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-home-care-for-families-and-caregivers#:~:text=- The ill person should,others cannot be maintained.

Edited by Odyssey2011

On 9/17/2021 at 7:19 PM, Ender said:

Looks like another change in rule ot reduce the workloads of gahment resources.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/covid-19-people-positive-rapid-test-result-self-isolate-3-days-test-kits-100-vending

Compare to the old rules which require to immediately go to a SASH clinic to do a PCR test and wait for MOH call to assess your QO. Read Q18 in the below link.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/selftestart/faqs

image.thumb.png.49ff228126ff861dbdbbab35a44bd146.png

They also know gpgt :XD:

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Somewhat1975 said:

seriously,  do you try to find a bright spot in his BS? How many people will get the infection in the next few weeks? 100K? Does it enough to build herd immunity? 

can't believe that we reach such as low point to resurrect the herd immunity nonsense again. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/coronavirus-covid-19

As can see from the graphs, this is the pattern. The wave peaks then takes on a downward slope. Only variable is how long it takes to drop down.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Kopites said:

I guess this is one of the permanent damage by covid virus, thought not directly.... :grin:

Just got to know that one of the 14 in ICU (as of 17 September) is a family member of someone I know. He is fully vaccinated, a recovered cancer patient with no other illness and have been staying home most of the time. Look like the spread in the community has reaches an alarming stage... [shakehead]

Take care all and do whatever necessary to stay safe.

18sepfig1.png

As of noon on 18 September:

• 1004 local cases (926 in community + 78 in dormitory) 
  • 863 patients in hospital 
  • 105 require oxygen supplementation
  • 18 patients in critical condition (ICU)

I have friends and relatives working in hospital, and all I can say is that the actual situation is not as calm as what was painted by the MMTF and MSM. If we continue to do nothing about it, with the excuse that it is not unexpected, there's a high chance what we are seeing in other countries will become a reality here, right at our door steps. @Turboflat4 I believe you know what I am trying to say (without breaching the OSA). 

• Praise 14
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 3

No surprises here - Just nice 4D for Sunday betting.

Probably 2XXX by next weekend.  Hospitals should be filling up quite rapidly now, that's why recovering at home extended to 69 year old.

Stay safe all!

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1

13 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Just got to know that one of the 14 in ICU (as of 17 September) is a family member of someone I know. He is fully vaccinated, a recovered cancer patient with no other illness and have been staying home most of the time. Look like the spread in the community has reaches an alarming stage... [shakehead]

18sepfig1.png

I have friends and relatives working in hospital, and all I can say is that the actual situation is not as calm as what was painted by the MMTF and MSM. If we continue to do nothing about it, with the excuse that it is not unexpected, there's a high chance what we are seeing in other countries will become a reality here, right at our door steps. @Turboflat4 I believe you know what I am trying to say (without breaching the OSA). 

I agree with you. But there's nothing much we can do. Only remember this, the next time we get to play 5 yearly tic-tac-toe and have to cross a box. 

• Praise 8
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

18sepfig1.png

Stay at home no use if family member keep going out. Stay safe everyone. Keep distance. I notice alot ppl try to squeeze or stands near to one another or pack into a lift

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5