COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

28 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Bro, it's bad karma to wish this on anyone. 

I personally wouldn't do that. 

But, like @Odyssey2011 I want them to volunteer for hospital duties. There's a ton of things we need non-medically trained volunteers for, even Q control. 

If not, they should just shut the f**k up in my view. 

Well said buddy

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

@Philipkee you eat outside where huh?

Coffee shop, hawker centre 

OR converted Viet KTV restaurants

with new frens?

:D

If no 3 can I come with you too?

image.png.d0895c83722934a7ab0cd7cc65bb1982.png

I eat at the car showrooms.  Their biscuits and coffee.  True story.

I do keep my social distancing.  I let the other customers talk to the salesmen.  I just guard the coffee machine and biscuits area.  Can't be letting too many people gather there.

True story again.

• Haha! 8

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

How to change your mind without embarrassing yourself

https://www.managementtoday.co.uk/change-mind-without-embarrassingself/reputation-matters/article/1693821

:D

I recommend this useful phrases

We have to be flexible in our approach . . . 

In light of new information we have decided to . . . 

We reluctantly take up these latest measures . . . 

Our experts have now found new information . . . 

Our approach is still 100% the same but new features will be added . . . 

We will not change course but some small deviations from time to time . . . 

How about simply saying

"We are reversing course cos our previous approach was wrong.  We screwed up. I admit it.  You can judge our actions later but for now, let's focus on battling this pandemic."

Singaporeans are generally forgiving.  But obviously don't say this then open up further or implement stupid measures.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

To be fair, normal times our hospitals already quite packed. If people with mild symptoms still insist on going to the hospitals and chope a bed, it only means someone else who is more severe (from whatever illness, not just covid) and really need the care will be deprived of it. The person needing the bed could be our elderly parents. 

I definitely will stay home when I kena, if it is mild. Going hospitals has additional risks of catching other illnesses when the body is weaken. 

Covid is a new ball game.  You can stay at home but what if you cause a cluster in your house?  Or your block?

• Praise 2

After 18 months, the world's `experts' are still grasping in their knowledge on how to deal with the virus.... but our million-dollar MTF seems to think we can learn to live with it :((

Even if wrong, no one will step up and say, heck, sorry folks, we screwed up so let's reverse course cos we were wrong. We all need another CB 😎

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Another sign of infighting

juat as oyk said “rite of passage”

lawless says “2k cases a day by next week…”

left hand dunno what right hand saying

To me I think they will still need to get green light from their big boss, Ah Loong. 

He is anxious to open up and ease restrictions. After trying travel bubble with regional countries failed now try travel bubble with Germany. It shows. If Im not wrong gdp figures matters to him. Ask the task force to do balancing act. Opening up surely will see rising trend but where or what is the breaking point for them?

If ppl are really worried write to him on FB.

• Praise 2

Just now, Watwheels said:

To me I think they will still need to get green light from their big boss, Ah Loong. 

He is anxious to open up and ease restrictions. After trying travel bubble with regional countries failed now try travel bubble with Germany. It shows. If Im not wrong gdp figures matters to him. Ask the task force to do balancing act. Opening up surely will see rising trend but where or what is the breaking point for them?

Yup

The elephant in the room

1 hour ago, RadX said:

We hv read of drs quitting and oodles of healthcare staff too

thresholds have been breached. I see many teaching staff also calling it a day!

this is the start of “the great resignation”

I see, so the strain on A&E and GPs are the result of “the great resignation” :grin:

43 minutes ago, Ender said:

This type of equipment, like ionizer, you never knw if it's working, unless one has severe symptom and out of breath and it brings some relief.

Can buy a oxygen purity detector to test the percentage and flow rate.

Also oxygen has a distinctive smell.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Frankly, with the virus everywhere, I think there's no need to track people, dining restrictions and report numbers (except to WHO) anymore.

Just wear masks (double layer) and WFH.

It's like watching the beginning of 'Train to Busan'

train_1562048162.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Green light from PM lee but why did his wife sang a different tune as to the reporting of unlinked cases?

4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Only if kenna covid and the oximeter showing less than 95% consistently and one have difficulty breathing.

Use a oxygen concentrator with nasal cannula.

But some people even kenna covid might not have symptoms like oximeter showing less than 95% and have difficulty breathing le?! 

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Covid is a new ball game.  You can stay at home but what if you cause a cluster in your house?  Or your block?

I think at this point in time, there are clusters all over the place.  Prevention of new cases is now impossible. And most will get infected sooner or later (unless there is a new, better vaccine). 

Now is how best to deal with this inevitable new reality collectively.  What I support is, recover at home if mild, don't go to the hospitals for personal reasons like not wanting to infect your family members. Think of and prepare other solutions.

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, Atonchia said:

U turn is OK. 

But stuck in roundabout, keeping in the right lane when lost... Will still be lost. 

Need to really stop by roadside and reorientate to find the right check points to reach the destination. 

Going round and round only only make passengers get motion sickness without getting anywhere. 

Dont know how they are going to U turn now when cases went up to 1000 and virus basically is everywhere? 😓

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Only if kenna covid and the oximeter showing less than 95% consistently and one have difficulty breathing.

Use a oxygen concentrator with nasal cannula.

i think less than 95% justified to check in hospital. Because a few of in the  oxygen supp category may deteriorate to ICU, I think I would like this transition be done in hospital asap.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I think at this point in time, there are clusters all over the place.  Prevention of new cases is now impossible. And most will get infected sooner or later (unless there is a new, better vaccine). 

Now is how best to deal with this inevitable new reality collectively.  What I support is, recover at home if mild, don't go to the hospitals for personal reasons like not wanting to infect your family members. Think of and prepare other solutions.

i also see it's inevitable I will kenna sooner or later. If kenna, I rather it's now when my vaccine is rather 'fresh' rather than 4 months down the road when it wanes.  Also make sure no vunerable family members in household. Prefer home,coz t means it' s mild.

• Praise 3

6 minutes ago, Ender said:

i also see it's inevitable I will kenna sooner or later. If kenna, I rather it's now when my vaccine is rather 'fresh' rather than 4 months down the road when it wanes.  Also make sure no vunerable family members in household. Prefer home,coz t means it' s mild.

I am waiting for kid to finish exams..... Then I am ready... 😰

Meanwhile now minimising unnecessary exposures outside. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1