COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

12 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Sometimes I wonder how accurate the oximeter is. There are times when my mother complained of breathlessness then I used the oximeter it was 99%. Then there are times when the oximeter was 92% but my mother said she’s not breathless and was fine.

In the end, I guess have to judge for ownself.

I use it to listen to my heartbeats, that I can confirm is very accurate :grin:

8 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

I think it is pretty obvious - masks down for hours, talking, aircon environment, confined space. What else to expect? 

Yeah, with mask down for so long.

Don't you guys find that with the constant mask on, you actually don't fall sick to flu?

Prior to COVID-19, I'll get flu from people around me at least a few times a year.

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, Windwaver said:

Don't you guys find that with the constant mask on, you actually don't fall sick to flu?

Prior to COVID-19, I'll get flu from people around me at least a few times a year.

You better wfh.

That’s you own health.

12 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

But everyone definition of minor symptoms are different. That’s why most people will rather go straight to A&E.

Sometimes I wonder how accurate the oximeter is. There are times when my mother complained of breathlessness then I used the oximeter it was 99%. Then there are times when the oximeter was 92% but my mother said she’s not breathless and was fine.

In the end, I guess have to judge for ownself.

Some reasons why it can be inaccurate.

Temperature. If its too cold, it can give a low reading.  I am not talking about the room being cold but the hands being cold.  Usually they in related (cold room temp leads to cold hands).

Nail polish - this one depends on how thick the nail polish is.  It shouldn't be an issue but after seeing some nail polish or decorations, it can be really an issue.

I did not take the pulse oximeter from temasek cos i threw away the brochure or whatever it is 😞 but I think oximeters will also show the pulse rate so if a person is feels breathless but the oxygen reading is ok, just take a look at the heart rate to see if it is regular or not, fast or not.

• Praise 6

42 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

is that why your name is windwaver?  Cos you always wave in the wind...  one achoo and you are sick, one puff and you wave and fall over  :D

• Haha! 8

Fully vaccinated also died….knn. When this happened, they said it’s due to his advanced age. 🙄

Bloody vaccine can’t even prevent death.

Can’t prevent infection. Can’t prevent ICU. Can’t prevent death.

917 new Covid-19 cases in Singapore; 2 S'poreans aged 84 and 85 die from complications
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/917-new-covid-19-cases-in-singapore-two-singaporeans-aged-84-and-85-die-from

There are now 1,055 Covid-19 patients in hospital, up from 873 the day before. 

I guess it’s ‘not unexpected’ hor.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 3

I am heeding our MMTF'S advice and shall only focus on the following details. If these figures are NOT worrying enough, I really don't know what to say... [furious] [furious]

figure-1_20-sep.png

• 1,055 patients warded in hospital
  • 128 seriously ill required oxygen supplementation
  • 18 in critical condition in ICU
  • 62 deaths till date (25 died since beginning of August)

And mind you, this is after we have implemented serving QO and recovering from COVID-19 at home, in bid to reduce the load / strain at hospitals!! 

• Praise 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I am heeding our MMTF'S advice and shall only focus on the following details. If these figures are NOT worrying enough, I really don't know what to say... [furious] [furious]

figure-1_20-sep.png

•  

I guess when this chart hits 600-800, we will be have a hard lock down.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

The world is opening up. Come December it will be back to prior covid era. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58628491

The US is easing its coronavirus travel restrictions, re-opening to passengers from the UK, EU and other nations.

From November, foreign travellers will be allowed to fly into the US if they are fully vaccinated, and undergo testing and contact tracing.

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

figure-1_20-sep.png

• 1,055 patients warded in hospital
  • 128 seriously ill required oxygen supplementation
  • 18 in critical condition in ICU
  • 62 deaths till date (25 died since beginning of August)

And mind you, this is after we have implemented serving QO and recovering from COVID-19 at home, in bid to reduce the load / strain at hospitals!! 

Bro, wait until daily cases hit 2000 first. 

Going to open up further. 

Vaccinated Travel Lane scheme may be expanded soon; 1 Covid-19 case found among 900 visitors
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/vaccinated-travel-lane-scheme-to-be-expanded-soon-1-covid-19-case-detected-among

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

The world is opening up. Come December it will be back to prior covid era. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58628491

The US is easing its coronavirus travel restrictions, re-opening to passengers from the UK, EU and other nations.

From November, foreign travellers will be allowed to fly into the US if they are fully vaccinated, and undergo testing and contact tracing.

Zerorised vs Laying Flat

↡ Advertisement