COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

5 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Anyway, I am no government to decide. But the things is stopping a group of people from spreading is very necessary. Now let go everything and unlink cases spreading everywhere. What is the purpose? You want to open up and open up with no one wants to come. What's the purpose? 

On the other hand, now you open up, only attracts those who are infected and not scare to come here cos here got better conditions. My boss always comment that “No matter what strategy you use, there is a need to look into logic"

GEE.

Great Endemic Experiment.

↡ Advertisement

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

GEE.

Great Endemic Experiment.

There was a quote "We are not the first and we will definitely not going to be the last" I am sure you know who say that. 

Question - Why didn't we learn from the first?

• Praise 4

https://mothership.sg/2021/09/covid-19-homeless-woman-toa-payoh/?fbclid=IwAR1CU2CSVdd7FnCQRyrggKwPBayPVhiD893unZz-pA9h9w0l8dHDBdqD4ok

According to SMDN, a member of the public had reached out to the authorities in order to secure a suitable place of quarantine for the homeless woman.

However, the member of the public claimed that the Ministry of Health (MOH) could not be reached at the Covid-19 hotline, while other agencies said the matter was not under their jurisdiction.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Ho2786 said:

every month test the whole population of Singapore.

infected send to concentration camps.

if majority infected then the whole island is THE concentration camp liao, stay in your own place [laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

4 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

https://mothership.sg/2021/09/covid-19-homeless-woman-toa-payoh/?fbclid=IwAR1CU2CSVdd7FnCQRyrggKwPBayPVhiD893unZz-pA9h9w0l8dHDBdqD4ok

According to SMDN, a member of the public had reached out to the authorities in order to secure a suitable place of quarantine for the homeless woman.

However, the member of the public claimed that the Ministry of Health (MOH) could not be reached at the Covid-19 hotline, while other agencies said the matter was not under their jurisdiction.

Must be a joke to be world class lor

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Arogab said:

Must be a joke to be world class lor

Reminds me of ww2.  The BRITISH forces in Singapore in 1941 appeared to be world class. Then the real attack began.  And we knew how it ended.

• Haha! 5

I am very much against this notion that if you test ART positive at home, it is acceptable to self-isolate (without any PCR confirmation) and just relax for 3 days without reporting it. I assume if you test neg at the end of that period, there's still no mandatory requirement to report anything. 

It's fine to advocate recovering at home if you're able to do so safely (for yourself and others) but shouldn't it at least be made mandatory for you to report your positive result to keep our numbers correct? This is being monitored on a global scale. For the very first time, it actually feels like the gahmen wants to just fudge the figures and bury the worst under the rug. 🙄

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I am very much against this notion that if you test ART positive at home, it is acceptable to self-isolate (without any PCR confirmation) and just relax for 3 days without reporting it. I assume if you test neg at the end of that period, there's still no mandatory requirement to report anything. 

It's fine to advocate recovering at home if you're able to do so safely (for yourself and others) but shouldn't it at least be made mandatory for you to report your positive result to keep our numbers correct? This is being monitored on a global scale. For the very first time, it actually feels like the gahmen wants to just fudge the figures and bury the worst under the rug. 🙄

I think this might be an issue.

ART test is not as accurate as a PCR so using ART results and putting it into official figures might be something authorities don't want to do.  Yet, if they say get a confirmatory PCR test, I guess the authorities might be thinking there would be too many and the A&E are already loaded, they don't want to further burden the GP and worse, have a cluster there.  After all, if the AnE are overloaded, people with minor ailments will crowd the GP and polyclinics.  And if you have many people going for PCR test, then a cluster could form at the GP.

Cover up, there might be an element of that but I think there are other considerations as well. But this assumes that the G already think the numbers are going to explode.

• Praise 5

22 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

ART test is not as accurate as a PCR so using ART results and putting it into official figures might be something authorities don't want to do.  Yet, if they say get a confirmatory PCR test, I guess the authorities might be thinking there would be too many and the A&E are already loaded, they don't want to further burden the GP and worse, have a cluster there.  After all, if the AnE are overloaded, people with minor ailments will crowd the GP and polyclinics.  And if you have many people going for PCR test, then a cluster could form at the GP.

Cover up, there might be an element of that but I think there are other considerations as well. But this assumes that the G already think the numbers are going to explode.

IMG_2853.jpeg

• Praise 2

26 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I'm sorry but China, at some point, was reporting based on CT scans alone. 

Saying ART is inaccurate is a complete cop-out. The positive predictive value is not that bad. I'm not going to let the gahmen off the hook so easily, even if you might be so inclined.

No need PCR, just include the ARTs among the positives. Subcategorise if they want to, they're already into slicing and dicing into "community", "dorm", etc etc. Just don't ignore the ART positives. 

• Praise 8

On 9/20/2021 at 10:28 PM, Philipkee said:

is that why your name is windwaver?  Cos you always wave in the wind...  one achoo and you are sick, one puff and you wave and fall over  :D

I run quick fast :grin:

200.gif

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

I read somewhere, ART is less sensitive in picking the virus signature, hence there may be false negative. But a test positive from ART kit, would mean it's a very high probability true positive. 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 4

7 hours ago, Starry said:

How do they define safe?  Safe as in they should not have adverse reaction within 14 days of taking it or safe as in no long terms effects for the rest of  the kids life?

I find that the word "safe" is use very loosely by the authorities these days.

Safe my ass, my heartbeats still irregular after so long.

I got to pay out of pocket to see a cardiologist, blood tests, treadmill, 2D echocardiogram, consultation, medication, time, energy.................

Not cheap at all.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 3
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Safe my ass, my heartbeats still irregular after so long.

I got to pay out of pocket to see a cardiologist, blood tests, treadmill, 2D echocardiogram, consultation, medication, time, energy.................

Not cheap at all.

Look at it from another perspective.

There might be something underlying which you don't know.

Based on what you described, it is good to catch it now than later.

• Praise 1