COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

The tracking of ten large clusters, large they may be but in total only add up to 120+ new daily cases. Means the remaining 1,700++ new daily cases are all random detection through reporting sick or rostered testing and out in the wild !

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Talking about PRC, now prc govt encouraged all of their citizens in sg to go back

i have many friends who own SME business had a few of PRC workers leaving this month back to china because worry of covid situation in sg. Even though my friends offered increment for their salary, they still refused. And my friends in SME unable to find replacement workers from china as no one want to come sg work 

Those that are here are virtually stuck because of the long quarantine now imposed. 3 weeks is if you are lucky. One PRC told me add up to 30+ days or 5 weeks also have.

Go back China also, if they are unlucky kena lockdown in their apartment block is also meaningless. 

Why they worry or scared? No confidence in their vaccine? [laugh]

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Those that are here are virtually stuck because of the long quarantine now imposed. 3 weeks is if you are lucky. One PRC told me add up to 30+ days or 5 weeks also have.

Go back China also, if they are unlucky kena lockdown in their apartment block is also meaningless. 

Why they worry or scared? No confidence in their vaccine? [laugh]

Yah though i check its 21 days but most prc friends told me it 30 days at least

heard now china don’t use mask unless those in fujian or heilongjiang 

china govt very strict and crazy in lockdown. Thats why their case quite good. Although that cant applies for sg as it will hurts the economy

• Shocked 1

46 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah though i check its 21 days but most prc friends told me it 30 days at least

heard now china don’t use mask unless those in fujian or heilongjiang 

china govt very strict and crazy in lockdown. Thats why their case quite good. Although that cant applies for sg as it will hurts the economy

Has anyone actually ask why did China and HK chose that strategy? Why do they go against the grain? 

After nearly 2 years dealing with covid, I honestly do not believe that China and HK chose a zero-covid strategy out of convenience.  No one would choose to deal with lockdown for so long, especially in such a big country than to open up which is a far more lucrative route for their economy in a modern globalization era.

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 3

17 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Although that cant applies for sg as it will hurts the economy

See, this part I take exception to. 

China's economy is obviously hurting from lockdown measures too. It's inevitable. And China has a lot of reasons to try to prioritise economic growth above other considerations given its problems from without (the Huawei embargo) and within (the Evergrande situation). And yet they can control their spread with draconian measures where needed. I must admit I have a grudging respect for the CCP government in that they are being clear-headed about this and willing to do what's needed. And this despite the fact that I'm no dewy-eyed Sinophile, as should be well-known here. 

I have no such respect for our own bunch of clowns. Because they don't seem to have realised what the Chinese gahmen has. That this virus will not simply go away into "endemicity" anytime soon if you let transmission continue unabated. That short term economic agony (a full lockdown), followed by a nagging but milder long term economic discomfort (heightened measures to keep spread low) are both necessary to stave off a combined healthcare-economic catastrophe. 

You know what's gonna be richly ironic? If we actually had a "Singapore strain" with a reversion to greater virulence and immune evasion emerging because of the heightened transmission and viral replication going on here. Wouldn't, that be tragically funny, after all the pointing and laughing done at the expense of India before? No one can see we couldn't have seen that coming. Well maybe the MMTF can pull it off with a straight face and the sheeple here may just lap it up. 

In my opinion, a lockdown is not just a good idea, it's our only hope to prevent this from becoming an irretrievable situation. And even after local control is achieved, things will never go back to business as usual. We can no longer depend on tourist income like we used to, for instance. But finding alternatives is exactly what great leaders are supposed to do. Private industry is rife with stories of visionary CEOs who transformed severely ailing companies with new paradigms and made them extremely profitable. It isn't enough for our jokers to just pay themselves salaries commensurate with private CEOs, they must also deliver accordingly. They must be able to walk the walk. 

• Praise 12
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Starry said:

Has anyone actually ask why did China and HK chose that strategy? Why do they go against the grain? 

After nearly 2 years dealing with covid, I honestly do not believe that China and HK chose a zero-covid strategy out of convenience.  No one would choose to deal with lockdown for so long, especially in such a big country than to open up which is a far more lucrative route for their economy in a modern globalization era.

Obviously, we think alike. 

46 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

See, this part I take exception to. 

China's economy is obviously hurting from lockdown measures too. It's inevitable. And China has a lot of reasons to try to prioritise economic growth above other considerations given its problems from without (the Huawei embargo) and within (the Evergrande situation). And yet they can control their spread with draconian measures where needed. I must admit I have a grudging respect for the CCP government in that they are being clear-headed about this and willing to do what's needed. And this despite the fact that I'm no dewy-eyed Sinophile, as should be well-known here. 

I have no such respect for our own bunch of clowns. Because they don't seem to have realised what the Chinese gahmen has. That this virus will not simply go away into "endemicity" anytime soon if you let transmission continue unabated. That short term economic agony (a full lockdown), followed by a nagging but milder long term economic discomfort (heightened measures to keep spread low) are both necessary to stave off a combined healthcare-economic catastrophe. 

You know what's gonna be richly ironic? If we actually had a "Singapore strain" with a reversion to greater virulence and immune evasion emerging because of the heightened transmission and viral replication going on here. Wouldn't, that be tragically funny, after all the pointing and laughing done at the expense of India before? No one can see we couldn't have seen that coming. Well maybe the MMTF can pull it off with a straight face and the sheeple here may just lap it up. 

In my opinion, a lockdown is not just a good idea, it's our only hope to prevent this from becoming an irretrievable situation. And even after local control is achieved, things will never go back to business as usual. We can no longer depend on tourist income like we used to, for instance. But finding alternatives is exactly what great leaders are supposed to do. Private industry is rife with stories of visionary CEOs who transformed severely ailing companies with new paradigms and made them extremely profitable. It isn't enough for our jokers to just pay themselves salaries commensurate with private CEOs, they must also deliver accordingly. They must be able to walk the walk. 

Why china can do that? They are the manufacturing hub. Even if their border close, they still can do trade, they do have huge domestic market and alot spending power. 1/5 of global population is in china. Meanwhile sg is just the size of a second tier city population in china. 

and  singapore economy is based on services and manpower, the economy will be greatly affected if border close as no foreigners or expats enter sg. We tried to open border with india and vietnam end up bring in more delta virus in and caused few times lockdown. One of my prc friend said singapore lockdown is a joke. Its a half hearted lockdown. Want lockdown then go for full lockdown. Theres no point half lockdown and come back to it month later. The Quarantine order also has many loophole. The family of QO person no need serve QO too. Like this the virus number will not go down, the MTF is filled with two group of going one another resulting in confusing strategies

• Praise 4

56 minutes ago, Starry said:

Most of my prc friends said that now prc govt force its citizens thats holding dual citizenship or PR status of another country to choose side lol

so either stay at that foreign country or come back china to keep their china citizenship. Seems like they are trying to build the economy by forcing smart and rich overseas prc to come back china to contribute to their economy

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Sosaria said:

The tracking of ten large clusters, large they may be but in total only add up to 120+ new daily cases. Means the remaining 1,700++ new daily cases are all random detection through reporting sick or rostered testing and out in the wild !

I thought self ART positive don't need to report MOH ? So literally all cases derived from PCR? 

So how many "walking positive ART" out there ? 

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Most of my prc friends said that now prc govt force its citizens thats holding dual citizenship or PR status of another country to choose side lol

so either stay at that foreign country or come back china to keep their china citizenship. Seems like they are trying to build the economy by forcing smart and rich overseas prc to come back china to contribute to their economy

It is true.

The saloon where me and son have our cheap hair cut used to have 2 prc and 2 Malaysian. My regular Malaysian hair stylist told me the 2 PRC have gone home. So due to labour shortage I got to wait. Whopping 45 minutes waiting just over the weekend.🥱

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

angmoh saying .... HOME country 

prc saying ... 祖 国

ccp saying ... you either choose to come home or get the fck out ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

So all these prc forced to go home means companies have to hire locals?

Sounds good to me.

:D

No good...

Now not enough PRC XJJ (小姐姐) @ Massage Palour ...... 😭

• Haha! 3

6 minutes ago, Twister said:

No good...

Now not enough PRC XJJ (小姐姐) @ Massage Palour ...... 😭

Oh I read prc with big assets.

Now to think of it yes big assets.

:D

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Starry said:

Externally, China closed its border.  Currently, Singaporeans has to get an invitation letter to apply for China Visa.

Internally, China is fully open except province/county with infection cases.  The lockdown is very harsh as they have ample manpower to enforce it.  To implement the same measure in Singapore, we definitely have to activate reservists.

• Praise 2

I wondered why many are taken by surprised with the explosion of number of cases. This is part of the process of pursuing an endemic status.

However, I believe the free test kits given out isn't helping with public anxieties since the fear of converting mild to severe in a very short time and the constant worry if possible lack of beds let alone ICU beds.

Just a curious thought:

When will be stop all these measures including restrictions? Reaching 100% vaccination? 100% of population become infected?

You see  even if everyone took precaution but sooner or later the virus will get you when your guard is down. 

The public needs to have an end point in mind and not this shifting goal post sprinkled with inconvenience and threats. There is such thing as being fatigue.

It does not seem to have an end point: new variants on the horizon, more booster shots, continue to wear masks, open borders, no reliable vaccines if there is influenza vaccine would have been made long time ago.

Please do kindly share your opinion in ST forum page.

8 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Talking about PRC, now prc govt encouraged all of their citizens in sg to go back

i have many friends who own SME business had a few of PRC workers leaving this month back to china because worry of covid situation in sg. Even though my friends offered increment for their salary, they still refused. And my friends in SME unable to find replacement workers from china as no one want to come sg work 

Thought gahment brilliant plan is to open up to attract people to come here to work and invest? So another of their brilliant plan doesnt work? And yet seems like they still think it is working and continue to work towards living with virus and open up?

↡ Advertisement