COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Just now went to dabao lunch, saw those elderly at my blk downstairs still gathered together with more than 2 pax?! Maybe they dont know today measure change again to become 2 pax? 😅

These group of people is supporting Ah Kun's speech that "you soon get it and you have the anti-bodies" .

I have not spoke recently in this thread cos I also donno what to say. Why Ah Kun never tell us - "You see, we all everyone already got infected"

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Arogab said:

These group of people is supporting Ah Kun's speech that "you soon get it and you have the anti-bodies" .

I have not spoke recently in this thread cos I also donno what to say. Why Ah Kun never tell us - "You see, we all everyone already got infected"

Young under 30s still can try for the hybrid immunity. But the ah laos he saw, are playing russian roullette. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, Ender said:

Young under 30s still can try for the hybrid immunity. But the ah laos he saw, are playing russian roullette. 

Yah, also early early I also mention, our problem are those ah laos never care. The Bukit Merah infection got many of them

2 hours ago, Mahjong74 said:

@13177 

Aiya, talk to them also no use, very stubborn. They just don't care, don't listen and always tell me the same thing like...........

Its all fated, when its time to go you will go........

They eat salt more than I eat rice, so they know what to do ( My reply is always: You eat too much salt, this is the reason why you have high blood pressure)

Lucky never say u from lousy school 😂 

• Haha! 3

I tested one packet to make sure it's ok. 

This one nasi lemak got power one.

:D

image.png.3af3ac450c97b4c9ddaceb3c9f9bdaaa.png

image.png.6baab2efee15f67b51feb941b9d5424d.png

image.png.8e76681d8b0c9de36bef0bddeef10a95.png

image.png.193cd94e0fac2d54cb09cdfb1dfb6c8e.png

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Send picture of nasi leak and abalone first.  To see if it worth it.

Oh yea... send picture of the cars as well.  Make sure the biscuit and coffee machine is in the picture as well

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, happy_man said:

I suspect ST is "pro Israel" too  with frequent coverage of that country in more +ve slant..

Why can't ST report stories of countries had shown consistently more success than Israel ?

I don't think they are pro israel per se.  They are more pro pfizer vaccine. 

There is a conspiracy theory going on that govt that signed contracts with pfizer, also signed a clause that they will never say anything bad about the vaccine and will not consider alternative treatments to the pandemic.

While it seems to be conspiracy theory, looking at the actual action of govts and that their solution to weakness in pfizer vaccination is to keep vaxxing the same vaccine, one wonders if there is truth to it.

2 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I tested one packet to make sure it's ok. 

This one nasi lemak got power one.

image.png.193cd94e0fac2d54cb09cdfb1dfb6c8e.png

I think i recognise this place.... is it at ubi?  One of those by the main road like Toyota or Nissan?

Edited by Philipkee
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I think i recognise this place.... is it at ubi?  One of those by the main road like Toyota or Nissan?

Better come faster.

My notti salesmen trying to steal your nasi lemak.

9 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Wah you really know every showroom in SG.

Must be you only target the ones with the best coffee and biscuits and nasi lemak!

Which one good huh?

I want to take my MIL for nice food.

Nice free food.

• Haha! 1

40 minutes ago, Ender said:

I dont understand why usually those elderly who like to hang around in group at void deck, coffeeshop, 4D shop and hawker centre are mostly men? Also elderly men are the ones who dont like to wear their mask properly. I dont see elderly women doing that? 

• Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Perhaps seniors crave for companionship - We won't be able to appreciate their circumstance unless we are at their age. I read one of the most feared thing for this age group is being alone rather than falling sick or bed ridden.

elderlymanhdbflat0104e_2x.jpg?itok=blq6h

Noticed elderly man crave for companionship more than elderly woman?

• Praise 1

27 minutes ago, happy_man said:

Perhaps seniors crave for companionship - We won't be able to appreciate their circumstance unless we are at their age. I read one of the most feared thing for this age group is being alone rather than falling sick or bed ridden.

elderlymanhdbflat0104e_2x.jpg?itok=blq6h

totally very true.

they scare die alone..........

• Praise 2

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I dont understand why usually those elderly who like to hang around in group at void deck, coffeeshop, 4D shop and hawker centre are mostly men? Also elderly men are the ones who dont like to wear their mask properly. I dont see elderly women doing that? 

Elderly women, you need to wake up earlier. They usually gather around 7-8am, exercise, go marketing and makan.

• Haha! 5

10 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Wah you really know every showroom in SG.

Must be you only target the ones with the best coffee and biscuits and nasi lemak!

Which one good huh?

I want to take my MIL for nice food.

Nice free food.

The salesman ask me

"Ho jiak bo"

But I ignore him and keep eating.   But that was pre covid when I could spend a long time there la.  

Edit.. wasn't you right?  :D

one of the salesman asked me... u not here to buy car right? Just look around only...

I asked him, no. I really am serious. 

He replied but you just threw my flyer away, just two seconds after I give you.

I was like oops.  True story btw.  But don't tell u which showroom it happened.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Haha! 4

9 minutes ago, Beregond said:

totally very true.

they scare die alone..........

Maybe my MIL can accompany them

so they don't go alone.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 2

23 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I don't think they are pro israel per se.  They are more pro pfizer vaccine. 

There is a conspiracy theory going on that govt that signed contracts with pfizer, also signed a clause that they will never say anything bad about the vaccine and will not consider alternative treatments to the pandemic.

While it seems to be conspiracy theory, looking at the actual action of govts and that their solution to weakness in pfizer vaccination is to keep vaxxing the same vaccine, one wonders if there is truth to it.

Conspiracy theories I don't know, in this case but.......

I have a similar feeling at least.

Moderna has, from results, I think been proven to outlast Pfizer whereby the report is no drop in efficacy through the first four months. I think also AZ has a slower drop off rate (?) but in any case provide vaccines at cost, only. I don't get the whole Pfizer thing......... I certainly wouldn't unquestionably jump onto the "booster" bandwagon so fast without first hearing from AZ since they do only supply at cost. I know Moderna are talking about, at half dose, but in the beginning they were also just 50:50 and/or saying "yeah, but not yet" type thing..... Pfizer really aggressive.

37 minutes ago, happy_man said:

I think you had misread my comment - I did not say ST as the go-to source for educational, research nor reference of objectivity. Rather I am pointing obvious bias in ST reporting - Using Israel as an e.g.(maybe because its gov also using mRNA vaccines)  while failing to mentioned there are success stories in other countries during this Pandemic...

As for when COVID can be treated like a flu, while we know this day may not even come in our latest return to restriction.

You really don't understand newsprint and how it works. I can understand where you are coming from.

A newspaper is not like the website/webpage where you can post until kingdom come, still got space to post. In newsprint we have the front and back cover and anything else in between is "real-estate". We need to provide important and relevant information. 

When we do research we like to quote big big study, that is, the one with the largest sample with the least confounding factors or errors. We can always quote republic of Congo. If Republic of Congo showed that injecting Tiger beer keeps Corona away with 100% back by their scientists and universities, you believe and insist on being injected with Tiger at your polyclinic? Why print issues or report on issues that is difficult to prove / few people believe when there are big data available.

We like to include alot of things in ST but there are limitations as mentioned. It sometimes is a judgement call. 

You see it is pretty obvious when you don't subscribe but buy as when you feel like it of ST. You seem to fail to understand or appreciate what exactly meant to be endemic like the flu.

Cases will rise and eventually plateau off. In meantime, we need to be sure that our healthcare system can cope with severe cases that requires hospitalization or even ICU. So restrictions, is like putting the brakes on the rising number of cases as we try to reach endemic. 

Some cry mother and cry father why they positive but not being seen by doctor or even treated in hospitals. Precisely, because we are trying to be endemic, so like flu, some get mild infection stay at home even we know for sure they have the flu virus. So same for Covid the mild cases with positive testing just stay at home and rest. 

If it spread, it will spread to everyone, those with better immune system will hold back the infection but eventually sooner or later we will catch it. Then everything is like flu.

I need to get back to my job, I cannot afford to keep answering your questions. If you read but don't read probably I also cannot help. 

If you are happy with my explanation please do kindly go to our ST website and immediately subscribe to a 1 year subscription. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3