COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

@Beregond 

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

actually i dun blame gov for opening. we cannot close forever. u see guys like me chat here whole day, can know how bad business are already .

but i hold them responsible when they fail to act swiftly and with courage to do a hard lock down when require to control the spread so that we can properly open up.

they keep dragging thing and place all the faith in the vaccination rate. as if after hitting 80% every thing will suddenly become all right. 

now then say cannot lock down because of economy reason already too late. cos we drag too long. 

Me too....free enough to read almost every thread in MCF............

For Gov, in their dream world, they think, they thought and they confirmed that after hitting 80% vaccination rate, things will be back to the norm again

but...........

幻想是美丽的,现实是残酷的
fantasy is beautiful and reality is awful

And it's a dream job to be Ministar,  getting big fat salary but no need to meet KPI........no need for appraisal..........sigh............

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

Actually we are not thee only ones doing this. Even Malaysia is catching up. They too have 80% or more vaccinated. They have announced opening up soon. Australia is another. I cant recall what other countries but all are trying to do the same.

No one can predict what will happen. This is unprecedented. One step at a time I guess.

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

You are still waiting for your turn for your scan test? So far no finding from cardio doctor yet?

Still waiting but a doc friend of mine (not cardiologist) said it might be difficult to get an accurate reading from heart issues at times.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

To be fair, based on released data, vaccines generally have good protection against serious illness. (82% fully vaccinated vs 18%, but those seriously ill are about 50-50).

It's a risk both to jab as well as not to jab, ie avoiding possible side effects vs avoiding serious Covid symptoms. 

Hope you recover soon. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's better protection from serious illness but I have a feeling the figures for those suffering from long term side effects is more than what was reported on papers.

The cardiologist and nurses ALL told me many people go to them after vaccination. Right now, I am protected from COVID serious illness but may die from heart attack anytime :XD:.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Mahjong74 said:

@Beregond 

Me too....free enough to read almost every thread in MCF............

For Gov, in their dream world, they think, they thought and they confirmed that after hitting 80% vaccination rate, things will be back to the norm again

but...........

幻想是美丽的,现实是残酷的
fantasy is beautiful and reality is awful

And it's a dream job to be Ministar,  getting big fat salary but no need to meet KPI........no need for appraisal..........sigh............

Also no need to perform well in job. Even screwed up still can continue to sit comfortably in the office. 

• Angry 1
  • Haha! 1

55 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Still waiting but a doc friend of mine (not cardiologist) said it might be difficult to get an accurate reading from heart issues at times.

Hopefully can get it cure eventually.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

All the best bro...

24 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Sister tio COVID19.

He was quarantined for 10 days.

He run his stall after he was out of quarantine.

While chit chat with chicken seller, he drop dead from heart attack 
妹染疫住院 男摊贩猝逝巴刹
https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20210928-1198059

Article says he goes for health screening every year siah. 😓

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Actually we are not thee only ones doing this. Even Malaysia is catching up. They too have 80% or more vaccinated. They have announced opening up soon. Australia is another. I cant recall what other countries but all are trying to do the same.

No one can predict what will happen. This is unprecedented. One step at a time I guess.

Unprecedented? Good that you use this vocab. All the more the million dollar ministars should exercise a bit more circumspection and foresight rather than pure eagerness to proclaim lumber one in opening up.

Countries are following monkey see monkey do because they now have Singapore as a failed experiment to match up to. The threshold is now low. Better open up fast and as long as these follower countries dont fail as chaotically as SG they will have "succeeded" in some sense. If i were them, i chiong open too...

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1

Covid cases have increased and we are encouraged to do more self-testing.

I don’t get it why they get us to do more self-testing . It’s like you know we will catch the virus anyway and we are just testing to see who gets it last .😀

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 4

15 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

I don’t get it why they get us to do more self-testing . It’s like you know we will catch the virus anyway and we are just testing to see who gets it last .😀

yalor ... if we accept covid is endemic liao means sooner or later sure kena ... slowly but surely ... [bigcry] 

just like normal flu ... you don't do regular testing right ... when you kena, you kena ... [sweatdrop] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

the next version of PANADOL lai liao ... 

tio covid ... pop 2 tablets ... 2 times a day after meal ... [sly]  [sweatdrop]  [laugh] 

2021-09-28_234023.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

12 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

yalor ... if we accept covid is endemic liao means sooner or later sure kena ... slowly but surely ... [bigcry] 

just like normal flu ... you don't do regular testing right ... when you kena, you kena ... [sweatdrop] 

Yes, sooner or later most of us will get it, but hopefully most elderly will miss it. But i think they don't want to peak so fast, so the hospital won't get overload.  So starting of the climb, self test, self isolate at home will be neccessary. But eventually will stop all these self testing.

• Praise 1