COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/unvaccinated-new-rules-malls-hawker-centres-covid-19-vaccine-2235856

Convincing the doubters: Why some younger people are reluctant to get the COVID-19 vaccine

While the focus has been on getting older people to get vaccinated against COVID-19, there are also some younger people who are reluctant to get the jab. CNA speaks to hesitant individuals, including some who have now decided to get the vaccination. 

Some think they have an existing condition so not sure what the vaccine will trigger. So wait for non mRna vaccines. But then their children need to go enrichment centers in shopping center so LL go book for a slot. Why he never go consult the doctor? He can have an existing condition mean he got see a doctor to get that diagnosis.

Some think it doesn benefit them cos they are living in a "low risk" lifestyle. Dont need to go shopping mall, dont need to dine in. So no need to take vaccine. That's just great. Thanks for thinking for yourself only.

Concerns about side effects. Some woman fear the side effects of the vaccines more the virus itself. Saying she would rather die from Covid 19 then suffer the side effects. (So far, she has had one shot of Sinopharm, a non-mRNA vaccine that is not under Singapore’s national immunisation programme. She said she experienced side effects, including flu symptoms, after the first jab. Upon a visit to the accident and emergency department at a hospital, she was informed that her flu symptoms were due to the vaccine. Two days after the jab, she had a sore throat that was later diagnosed as tonsillitis. Fiona is worried about getting her second jab, as she would "rather die from COVID-19 than suffer from adverse side effects due to vaccination". But after the new vaccination-differentiated measures were announced, she said she felt frustrated and sad. ) Some ppl cannot take suffering or hardship, they would rather die.

Unvaccinated ppl face discrimination with the new rules kicking in. It is a matter of sooner or later.

Existence of “anti-vaxxers” who will refuse vaccination no matter what and stick to their believes. Yeah, we saw the church going auntie. If geesus is here among us he will think it is absurd too.

I didnt know so many ppl actually face so many dilemmas when it comes to taking a vaccination. Some dont even want to suffer side effects. How to help these ppl?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Generally the rules now change to unvax people are allowed to enter malls for necessary stuff like clinic or childcare, they are hoping that personal responsibility and common sense will guide people's behaviour.

If unvax, who would put themselves at greater risk by wandering around mall and other crowded places? That's the logical thinking.

But like I said before, after years of controlling people with rules and fines, now suddenly want people to be self-guided by responsibility and common sense. It's very very very difficult.

I see many people dont have personal responsibility and common sense de. Even before this measure to stop unvac people entering malls, many people already bo chap and dont care attitude, even cases went up so much and gahment ask people to stay home and avoid crowded places. No matter what measures also no use la.

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

More in S'pore getting Covid-19 vaccine jabs since travel lane announcement, dine-in ban for unvaccinated

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/more-getting-covid-19-shots-since-vtl-news-and-dine-in-ban-for-unvaccinated

They should have implement this measure long ago liao, if they know so many people will go for vaccine due to they cannot dine in hawker centre/coffeeshop. Maybe now vaccination rate already 95% liao. Lol.

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

my perspective for this is that it is good with some side effect.

Means your body recognise the virus and are taking a fight for you. For those who have no side effect at all one, maybe already abang with the virus liao 🤣, that's why body show no sign.

Somehow true. If take the first dose and your body got side effects, means the body at least working well that it recognise some foreign object has enter the body and must fight for it. For 2nd dose got side effect or not, maybe not so important liao. Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Make no different isnit so?

Those standalone china food stalls outside people park complex going to have a hard time. 

Boh pian since most of their customers could be PRC.

15 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/unvaccinated-new-rules-malls-hawker-centres-covid-19-vaccine-2235856

Convincing the doubters: Why some younger people are reluctant to get the COVID-19 vaccine

While the focus has been on getting older people to get vaccinated against COVID-19, there are also some younger people who are reluctant to get the jab. CNA speaks to hesitant individuals, including some who have now decided to get the vaccination. 

Some think they have an existing condition so not sure what the vaccine will trigger. So wait for non mRna vaccines. But then their children need to go enrichment centers in shopping center so LL go book for a slot. Why he never go consult the doctor? He can have an existing condition mean he got see a doctor to get that diagnosis.

Some think it doesn benefit them cos they are living in a "low risk" lifestyle. Dont need to go shopping mall, dont need to dine in. So no need to take vaccine. That's just great. Thanks for thinking for yourself only.

Concerns about side effects. Some woman fear the side effects of the vaccines more the virus itself. Saying she would rather die from Covid 19 then suffer the side effects. (So far, she has had one shot of Sinopharm, a non-mRNA vaccine that is not under Singapore’s national immunisation programme. She said she experienced side effects, including flu symptoms, after the first jab. Upon a visit to the accident and emergency department at a hospital, she was informed that her flu symptoms were due to the vaccine. Two days after the jab, she had a sore throat that was later diagnosed as tonsillitis. Fiona is worried about getting her second jab, as she would "rather die from COVID-19 than suffer from adverse side effects due to vaccination". But after the new vaccination-differentiated measures were announced, she said she felt frustrated and sad. ) Some ppl cannot take suffering or hardship, they would rather die.

Unvaccinated ppl face discrimination with the new rules kicking in. It is a matter of sooner or later.

Existence of “anti-vaxxers” who will refuse vaccination no matter what and stick to their believes. Yeah, we saw the church going auntie. If geesus is here among us he will think it is absurd too.

I didnt know so many ppl actually face so many dilemmas when it comes to taking a vaccination. Some dont even want to suffer side effects. How to help these ppl?

If those people who dont want to take the vaccine due to they afraid of the long term side effects, maybe i still can understand, But if they dont want to take the vaccine due to they scare of the few days side effects from the vaccine, then these people really cannot take short-term hardship lo. So if these people one day sway sway kena some cancer and need to go thru the chemo then how? The side effects from chemo is 10 times more sia.

• Praise 1

Old men KTVs how to get stubborn aunties to get vaccinated?

Open up Thailand.

Now can go shopping in Bangkok and singing cheap cheap like tweet bird huh?

Jab me now!

Both shot now can?

I got two arms. One left and one on right arm ok?

I cannot wait go Bangkok shopping lah.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

If those people who dont want to take the vaccine due to they afraid of the long term side effects, maybe i still can understand, But if they dont want to take the vaccine due to they scare of the few days side effects from the vaccine, then these people really cannot take short-term hardship lo. So if these people one day sway sway kena some cancer and need to go thru the chemo then how? The side effects from chemo is 10 times more sia.

The short term side effects are suppose to happen. There are ppl who asked me what to do cos they did not experience any side effects, not even fever. Everybody reacts differently whether it is the vaccine or reacting to the rules.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Chongster said:

wah siao liao.. take what bus to sembawang?

the lower number of cases most probably due to ownself ART ownself, it is still too early to say tapering off, also have to look at the death and hospitalization.

• Praise 2

I tink the media also must be more careful and responsible... 

Many times I've seen clips on people getting vaccinated...one scene of a woman getting jab, follow by a close up shot of the syringe, then a shot of a man getting jab...or a yellow skin getting jab, then shot of the syringe, then a different skin colour...

maybe many mistaken it as vast side effect...😅

• Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Somehow true. If take the first dose and your body got side effects, means the body at least working well that it recognise some foreign object has enter the body and must fight for it. For 2nd dose got side effect or not, maybe not so important liao. Lol.

I come out with this theory is because my parents who have taken the booster shot alrd, and they are both not affected by any side effect at all. My father only told me he got slight sore on his arm.

When I took my jab, I was down for 2 days.

Cannot be I weaker than my father and mother one mah. 🤣

• Haha! 3

Just now walked past one hawker centre, seems like everything operate as per normal, no one at the entrance is checking on vaccination status, and also no see any enforcer walking around the hawker centre. Looks like the new measure would soon become another white elephant ruling. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3