COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

8 Singaporeans aged between 61 and 89 died of Covid-19; 3,445 new cases

Seven were men and one was a woman - all Singaporeans.

Three were vaccinated and five were unvaccinated.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/8-singaporeans-aged-between-61-and-89-died-of-covid-19-3445-new-cases

😞

Edited by Odyssey2011
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/8-singaporeans-aged-between-61-and-89-died-of-covid-19-3445-new-cases

Why use this picture?

hzppl151021.jpg?itok=IeEz1egE&timestamp=

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

😞

Every night or morning I was hoping to read some good news like OYK infected with COVID but I kept reading this type.

😒

RIP fellow Singaporeans.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

@inlinesix 

8 hours ago, inlinesix said:

If mRNA not Tok Kong, why countries with Sinopharm/Sinovac use mRNA as booster?

One reason is mRNA vaccines are easier and quicker to produce/make than Sinopharm or Sinovac. The more mRNA in uses, the cost can be driven down quickly because of its simpler manufacturing process than Sinovac/Sinopharm. So mRNA will be cheap and no availability/shortage issues 

Its not possible to know what is the best course of action

because we do not know the cause of the arrhythmia.

Is its mRNA technology? Is it one company's mRNA technology?

Will the other company mRNA technology be better?

Or could it be the virus itself. 

mRNA technology is putting a copy of the virus in our body.

Will taking a non mRNA technology vaccine putting a deactivated virus into us also affect arrhythmia?

I wish someone knew the answer.

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Wt_know said:

what is mRNA .... i am puzzled why P and M still don't have a 2nd version mRNA that can combat Delta

nabei .. they should have plenty of Delta virus sample to improve the mRNA liao right?

initially talk about mRNA sibei superior than PRC vaccine (old tech) where mRNA can be tweaked and improved 

now what?  booster shot = same old same old ... up lorry rate still 50-50 and need to jab every 6 months? [mad] 

no diff compare to PRC vaccine ... same level of effectiveness?

P and M want to milk as much $$ as possible before releasing a better vaccine? [sly] 

If they update with Delta variant ,then have go for all three phase all over again.  Non emergency time,these three phases can take afew years. The logistic and cost may not justify if want t conduct all three 3phases in one year.  if current booster shots can raise the protection, easier to just  stick with current formula.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Bro, I think don't take too many boosters.

Frankly, you'll never know which one will just be enough to trigger that autoimmune response leading to chronic health issues.

I've asked friends working in cardiology, I was told my heart arrhythmia from Pfizer is not something that can be treated effectively. It is a wait and hope it goes away strategy because even medication may not make me recover totally.

The last thing you want is a heart surgery for something that protects you for 6 months.

Some did ask

5 years later, will we see a lot of recruits suddenly collapsing during their 2.4km run during BMT?

While less vaxxers died of covid, is there a rise in deaths from heart attacks, strokes etc among the general population that were vaccinated(not necessarily 2 weeks or so after vaccination but months later).

• Praise 2

Actually I have a problem with the death rates.

Let's say we have 80% vaccinated and 20% unvaccinated.

So I have 10 death from covid.  5 vaccinated and unvaccinated.   Its 50- 50.  But people will say this shows the vaccine is working cos the population is 80% vaccinated and only if the death rate of the vaccinated approached 80% of the deaths can we say the vaccine is not working.

The problem i have is that the denominator should not be the general population but those infected.  What if the vaccine worked and the vast majority of those infected are the unvaccinated?  Let's say of the infected cases, 80% unvaccinated and 20% vaccinated.  Doesn't this make it more likely that if you were vaccinated and infected, you are more likely to die?

Don't get me wrong.  I believe vaccines work.  But the way it is presented is not accurate.

Of cos, are there stats to show how many of the daily infections (not need oxygen or deaths) are of the vaccinated and unvaccinated?

There used to be but I think the graph has been taken down.

Edited by Philipkee

9 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Actually I have a problem with the death rates.

Let's say we have 80% vaccinated and 20% unvaccinated.

So I have 10 death from covid.  5 vaccinated and unvaccinated.   Its 50- 50.  But people will say this shows the vaccine is working cos the population is 80% vaccinated and only if the death rate of the vaccinated approached 80% of the deaths can we say the vaccine is not working.

The problem i have is that the denominator should not be the general population but those infected.  What if the vaccine worked and the vast majority of those infected are the unvaccinated?  Let's say of the infected cases, 80% unvaccinated and 20% vaccinated.  Doesn't this make it more likely that if you were vaccinated and infected, you are more likely to die?

Don't get me wrong.  I believe vaccines work.  But the way it is presented is not accurate.

Of cos, are there stats to show how many of the daily infections (not need oxygen or deaths) are of the vaccinated and unvaccinated?

There used to be but I think the graph has been taken down.

Well, you are a confused HCW that requires @RadX counselling.

Unvax + Health problem + old => highest probability of death.

It is never about accuracy.

It is about the narrative to promote.

You are weakening your own narrative (“Don't get me wrong.  I believe vaccines work.”)

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 6

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Well, you are a confused HCW that requires @RadX counselling.

Unvax + Health problem + old => highest probability of death.

It is never about accuracy.

It is about the narrative to promote.

You are weakening your own narrative (“Don't get me wrong.  I believe vaccines work.”)

Eh sorry ah i counsel dead ppl better… more “responsive”

• Haha! 6

Just now, RadX said:

Eh sorry ah i counsel dead ppl better… more “responsive”

Publish or perish? Why not perish then publish? 

Literature review by reading tombstones. 

Collaboration by ouija board. 😁

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Publish or perish? Why not perish then publish? 

Literature review by reading tombstones. 

Collaboration by ouija board. 😁

Peer reviews will be spiritually fascinating 👻

• Haha! 3

10 hours ago, Sosaria said:

A good reason to, if you must die die want to take the booster, go for a different brand. At least, to avoid "concentrating" the side effects.

Yes but if it's possible I rather don't take any booster.

Are we really boosting for statistics or our health?

• Praise 2

31 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Dunno but ger on right got nice muscular type legs. 😁

Ahhhh, so you're into girls with muscular type legs?

:secret-laugh:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1