COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

2 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

High vaccination rate, strain on hospitals among reasons for and against Covid-19 curbs: ST poll
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/high-vaccination-rate-risk-of-hospitals-being-swamped-cited-as-reasons-for-and

"Of those who felt the extension was not necessary, six in 10 said that given Singapore's high vaccination rate, it should open up as planned, even if this meant a surge in cases."

What? Who are the people who poll? If the poll is in mcf, I'm pretty sure the results will  be vastly different. All these articles are really giving people a wrong sense of security about the virus.

I think all the while it has been giving a wrong sense of security about the virus to people. Like after vaccinated, the person like become superman, no need scare get infected or died? Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

The 41-year-old had severe underlying lung disease and was immuno-compromised, MOH said in its daily update.

UNDERLYING..................enough said.

But they add in immuno-compromised this time for this 41 year old?!

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Death cases still double digits. Sad.

It is a function of the daily infection numbers plus about 1 week delay....

The sample size is large enough to show consistency unfortunately.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yes. As evil as it makes us sound, I consider it truly shit-headed to celebrate opening up under these circumstances. 

Well, if we're proven wrong, that's great news for OZ and the world. But I don't think we will be.

Unfortunately, a lot of shitheads did celebrate big time on the streets yesterday.. 

I really hope from now on its just 1 way forward.. not 1 step forward and 3 steps back..

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

14 Singaporeans die from Covid-19 complications; 3,637 new infections

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/14-singaporeans-die-from-covid-19-complications-3637-new-infections

Let me guess... Underlying conditions.

1 vax + underlying
7 unvax + old + underlying

1 partially vax + old + underlying

5 vax + old + underlying

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/14-singaporeans-die-from-covid-19-complications-3637-new-infections

Yep, in the end it’s just underlying conditions.

Never the vaccine. Cannot prevent infection, cannot prevent serious illness, cannot prevent death. 🙄

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

I don't think his expertise is in mouth/nose orifices where the virus gets in.... 

I wonder if he would ass to be swab only thru the rear opening since that’s his comfort zone professionally 😁

• Haha! 2

Bloody MMTF is employing a psychological phenomenon called psychic numbing where we are desensitized and indifferent to the high number of cases and deaths daily. 

The numbers to some are just statistics nowadays.

Edited by Fcw75

Supercharged

"Guys, let's start a few $mil project to centralize all MY cars in a designated parking lot....Don't worry, we'll collect back in taxes later."

A couple of questions I suspect the leadership never think about:

• Why spend millions on an interim solution?
  • Rather than spending tax dollars, can it benefit our locals instead?

Why not get the MY drivers to get out from their vehicles at the checkpoints and take a cab to their SHN facility? Meanwhile, our tow trucks will have more businesses sending these MY vehicles to that centralized car park. I know this is low-tech solution and not sexy, but isn't that win-win?   😁 

Designated carpark and tracking system to be set up for motorists driving in from Malaysia

nf-carpark-221021.jpg?itok=bUim_mAi&time

A designated parking space will be set up in Bukit Batok for people driving into Singapore from Malaysia, along with a tracking system to ensure they head straight to the facility.

According to tender documents seen by The Straits Times, Singapore's Ministry of Transport (MOT) is looking to procure a tracking system that can track a maximum of 2,000 vehicles at any one point in time.

The system will be used to track people driving into Singapore through its checkpoints as they go to the parking facility at the former Bukit Batok Heavy Vehicle Carpark next to the Pan Island Expressway, near Bukit Batok Flyover. 

In response to queries, a MOT spokesman said the tender is for the set-up of a designated parking facility to facilitate travellers entering Singapore from Malaysia in their own vehicles before they proceed to serve their stay-home notice (SHN).

"Currently, travellers are allowed to park at their places of accommodation or workplace before proceeding to serve their SHN," the spokesman said.

Malaysia is classified as a Category IV country based on the Ministry of Health's border risk classification framework. This means that travellers coming in from there will have to serve a 10-day SHN in a designated facility.

In documents for the tracking system tender called on Tuesday (Oct 19), MOT said: "To track the drivers' movement from the checkpoints to the designated parking facility, he shall be given a device to enable the monitoring of his movement."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/designated-carpark-and-tracking-system-to-be-set-up-for-motorists-driving-in

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Bloody MMTF is employing a psychological phenomenon called psychic numbing where we are desensitized and indifferent to the high number of cases and deaths daily. 

The numbers to some are just statistics nowadays.

How many had died so far just from Covid infections? Zero. 

How many had died so far from Covid infections made worse mainly due to underlying conditions? Plenty till date. 

• Praise 1

@DiduSometimes need to spend the money one lah...got mouths to feed mah...

More and more pot holes again...chao turtle...better stock up some spares... 😁

Edited by mersaylee
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Didu said:

"Guys, let's start a few $mil project to centralize all MY cars in a designated parking lot....Don't worry, we'll collect back in taxes later."

A couple of questions I suspect the leadership never think about:

• Why spend millions on an interim solution?
  • Rather than spending tax dollars, can it benefit our locals instead?

Why not get the MY drivers to get out from their vehicles at the checkpoints and take a cab to their SHN facility? Meanwhile, our tow trucks will have more businesses sending these MY vehicles to that centralized car park. I know this is low-tech solution and not sexy, but isn't that win-win?   😁 

Designated carpark and tracking system to be set up for motorists driving in from Malaysia

nf-carpark-221021.jpg?itok=bUim_mAi&time

A designated parking space will be set up in Bukit Batok for people driving into Singapore from Malaysia, along with a tracking system to ensure they head straight to the facility.

According to tender documents seen by The Straits Times, Singapore's Ministry of Transport (MOT) is looking to procure a tracking system that can track a maximum of 2,000 vehicles at any one point in time.

The system will be used to track people driving into Singapore through its checkpoints as they go to the parking facility at the former Bukit Batok Heavy Vehicle Carpark next to the Pan Island Expressway, near Bukit Batok Flyover. 

In response to queries, a MOT spokesman said the tender is for the set-up of a designated parking facility to facilitate travellers entering Singapore from Malaysia in their own vehicles before they proceed to serve their stay-home notice (SHN).

"Currently, travellers are allowed to park at their places of accommodation or workplace before proceeding to serve their SHN," the spokesman said.

Malaysia is classified as a Category IV country based on the Ministry of Health's border risk classification framework. This means that travellers coming in from there will have to serve a 10-day SHN in a designated facility.

In documents for the tracking system tender called on Tuesday (Oct 19), MOT said: "To track the drivers' movement from the checkpoints to the designated parking facility, he shall be given a device to enable the monitoring of his movement."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/designated-carpark-and-tracking-system-to-be-set-up-for-motorists-driving-in

By the time the money is spent on the" tracking system" even before the ink is dry, Malaysia will have VTL like all the Western countries. Another white elephant. Fed by taxpayers. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

11 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Haiz... another young person died, fully vaccinated but have severe lung disease. 

so many people died in October.... Rate of death is link to higher case counts.... 

38 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Haiz... another young person died, fully vaccinated but have severe lung disease. 

so many people died in October.... Rate of death is link to higher case counts.... 

That is why it is bs when our pm wannabes say we shouldnt be concern of high infection rates. 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

then he die of cov19 or die of lung disease?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1