COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Means those others in ICU are non-covid related? 

If so, why put this under here?  Can be under general stats.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Didu said:

Another slap in the face. 😁

Both the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test and the Antigen Rapid Test (ART) are recognised by Germany authoritieshttps://osler-health.com/covid-19/germany-change-in-covid-19-travel-requirements

Hope Germany is fully aware our MOH don’t report individual who tested positive in an ART test. All the nations need to know to better understand the covid situation in singapore so that their people can assess their risks accurately before arriving singapore.

“Current situation assessments on the Covid-19 situation can be found on the website of the Singaporean Ministry of Health: Ministry of Health” https://singapur.diplo.de/sg-en/service/-/2320932

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

a small proportion (assume 5%) cannot vax due to medical reason

this means still got 100K+ people ngey ngey don't want to vax?

ok lo ... cannot go back to work liao by 1 Jan 22

2021-10-24_102927.png

I know there is one here.

10 hours ago, happy_man said:

Since Sinovac has been approved by MOH and added to NVP and will be made free, I do not see any problem with administering the 3rd jab by end of the year.

This will also address those who remain unvaccinated due to concern with mRNA.

Basically this is win win for both the gov obj and for those who prefer alternatives that were previously only available thru special route.

I thought need doctor's certification in order to take non-mRNA as booster?

3 hours ago, Odyssey2011 said:

The FDA's Dr. Doran Fink told the meeting the agency was not sure, either. "We really don't have enough data yet to know what the risk of myocarditis or pericarditis would be following a booster dose," he said. Studies have shown younger adults and older teens, especially males, have a higher risk of this rare heart inflammation after receiving an mRNA vaccine like Pfizer's, although the problem resolves quickly with prompt treatment.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/17/health/fda-advisers-booster-five-things/index.html

Prompt treatment when our healthcare system is so stretched? :XD:

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Last time I was asking about the roadmap for SG, but nobody seems to have an answer for it..

At least here in Victoria, or even NSW there's a roadmap what happens at 70/80/90%, so there's clarity on what businesses can do and motivation to get vaccinated.

Really looking forward to 90% and some normality..

image.thumb.png.51b01b7fb6984a106e464587f36313c3.png

Yeah, at least there's room for 26 phases :grin:

9 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I thought need doctor's certification in order to take non-mRNA as booster?

If you pay on your own, you can choose non-mRNA for booster. Anytime. I am also considering it ..

Only if you want ah kong to pay, then non-mRNA allowed only with doctor's say-so.

Otherwise ah Kong only pay for pfizer or moderna mRNA vaccs if you have no valid medical reason to reject these.

Correct me if wrong. That's how I interpret yesterday's announcement

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

58 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Pardon me for repeating like a broken record, to the one who said ONLY 3 in ICU, look carefully at this corrected figures from MOH (finally they choose to reveal it - I knew it all the while but cannot post due to OSA). This is just one of the many which are not made known to the public. OK I better stop here else...

fig-3_23-oct.png

I am not sure you are referring to me but I assuming so. Correct me if I am wrong about it.

When I quoted figure of 3, our gov approach was under "zero covid" thus my thinking was to use ICU bed occupancy rate as an indicator of the covid situation. Rightly so, as it never go up much even before they change the approach to "living with covid". Of course with this approach, everything will go up lah. Am I worried now? Not really, as I am willing to give the gov more time to make adjustment that are necessary to make it happen. If the casualty figure in our country is much worse than other countries then I will want to blame the gov. This is something that I adopt all along, even if one day it is held by opposition parties of today. We could be jealous of the high pay bestowed upon them to do seemingly so little work, yet I am aware that we do not have saints that can see future and always adopt the right policies all the time. For this kind of crisis that is full of uncertainty, surely it is necessary for the gov to make adjustment to the measures regularly along the way. Any mutation of the virus would render the chart useless, so we should not be too fixated on any of this. And this high pay would be enjoyed by the oppo parties if they eventually able to get the people's trust to form the new gov. I do not think they will then say this pay is too high, lets lower it significantly.

Anyway our country is now sort of trail blazer for this "living with covid" approach and seek to win big if we can make it eventually, and the positive figures already starting to roll in beginning with the SIA. And we have to accept that there will be costs to this approach definitely. Do not be stubborn and be anti-vax knowing the consequence of it for the vulnerable. Ok I will stop here.

To all, have a nice weekend doing more meaningful stuff instead of giving poison here. Broaden our mind and be more positive and give out more 正能量。Make this a more beautiful place in our little capacity. I would not be wasting more brain cell and precious time posting much replies here for sure as there are much better things to do with my life. Cheers.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

Last time I was asking about the roadmap for SG, but nobody seems to have an answer for it..

At least here in Victoria, or even NSW there's a roadmap what happens at 70/80/90%, so there's clarity on what businesses can do and motivation to get vaccinated.

to quote the great philosopher Mike Tyson, everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face...

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

You know the gahmen now has a policy of de-isolation by a time-based criterion for many cases? 10 days at that, no exit swab required? 

Well, hospitals are beginning to see some of these folks returning with pneumonia after that period is over. Workaround measures are being decided upon by the hospitals because the procedures in place by the Ministry are too lax in some cases. Needless to say, it's adding stress to an already overwrought situation. 

But I'm less immediately concerned about that than people with COVID-19 pneumonia being allowed back into the community. You should be too. 

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

I am not sure you are referring to me but I assuming so. Correct me if I am wrong about it.

When I quoted figure of 3, our gov approach was under "zero covid" thus my thinking was to use ICU bed occupancy rate as an indicator of the covid situation. Rightly so, as it never go up much even before they change the approach to "living with covid". Of course with this approach, everything will go up lah. Am I worried now? Not really, as I am willing to give the gov more time to make adjustment that are necessary to make it happen. If the casualty figure in our country is much worse than other countries then I will want to blame the gov. This is something that I adopt all along, even if one day it is held by opposition parties of today. We could be jealous of the high pay bestowed upon them to do seemingly so little work, yet I am aware that we do not have saints that can see future and always adopt the right policies all the time. For this kind of crisis that is full of uncertainty, surely it is necessary for the gov to make adjustment to the measures regularly along the way. Any mutation of the virus would render the chart useless, so we should not be too fixated on any of this. And this high pay would be enjoyed by the oppo parties if they eventually able to get the people's trust to form the new gov. I do not think they will then say this pay is too high, lets lower it significantly.

Anyway our country is now sort of trail blazer for this "living with covid" approach and seek to win big if we can make it eventually, and the positive figures already starting to roll in beginning with the SIA. And we have to accept that there will be costs to this approach definitely. Do not be stubborn and be anti-vax knowing the consequence of it for the vulnerable. Ok I will stop here.

To all, have a nice weekend doing more meaningful stuff instead of giving poison here. Broaden our mind and be more positive and give out more 正能量。Make this a more beautiful place in our little capacity. I would not be wasting more brain cell and precious time posting much replies here for sure as there are much better things to do with my life. Cheers.

I am openly disliking this because this is not a time for mindless Pollyanna-isms. 

• Praise 3

“Over the past week, the nation has been averaging over 3,000 newly reported Covid-19 cases a day….As of September 26, about 98% of the SARS-CoV-2 infections have been mild or asymptomatic, based on data from the Singapore Ministry of Health. ”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/10/19/cdc-moves-one-new-destination-to-avoid-travel-list-for-covid-19/?sh=442031d36cb6

Hope they are aware ART tested positive cares are not counted.  https://sg.usembassy.gov

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

You know the gahmen now has a policy of de-isolation by a time-based criterion for many cases? 10 days at that, no exit swab required? 

Well, hospitals are beginning to see some of these folks returning with pneumonia after that period is over. Workaround measures are being decided upon by the hospitals because the procedures in place by the Ministry are too lax in some cases. Needless to say, it's adding stress to an already overwrought situation. 

But I'm less immediately concerned about that than people with COVID-19 pneumonia being allowed back into the community. You should be too. 

anecdotal...but I'm seeing more people around me cough or sniff in the train, in the mall, at coffeeshop...😟

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I am openly disliking this because this is not a time for mindless Pollyanna-isms. 

What is this pollyanna thing? Can eat one or not? Pardon me my england not so good but I have no time to google for its meaningful so this will be a regret in my life so sad. 

Maybe you are panicky because your well paying job that let you afford a Maclaren is unfortunately pushing you now to the front of the crisis where exposure and becoming a casualty is a possibility, and that is weighing you down as you start to think of the consequences for yourself and your dear ones. But too bad that is life. You never know what you gonna get. Do not complain when things look not rosy for you. 

For all who complain and complain and complain with your 2 cents, life mysteriously will still go on and on and on. Even if I were to sing praises of our gov also it will not change any outcome at all. So why not just let our gov do their job while we try to follow the guideline diligently and not be another unfavourable variable in a already difficult situation.

This is a open forum after all, not a mouth piece of gov or oppo parties though at times it sure looks like one. No prize for guessing which it seems to be for haha.

4 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

What is this pollyanna thing? Can eat one or not? Pardon me my england not so good but I have no time to google for its meaningful so this will be a regret in my life so sad. 

Maybe you are panicky because your well paying job that let you afford a Maclaren is unfortunately pushing you now to the front of the crisis where exposure and becoming a casualty is a possibility, and that is weighing you down as you start to think of the consequences for yourself and your dear ones. But too bad that is life. You never know what you gonna get. Do not complain when things look not rosy for you. 

For all who complain and complain and complain with your 2 cents, life mysteriously will still go on and on and on. Even if I were to sing praises of our gov also it will not change any outcome at all. So why not just let our gov do their job while we try to follow the guideline diligently and not be another unfavourable variable in a already difficult situation.

This is a open forum after all, not a mouth piece of gov or oppo parties though at times it sure looks like one. No prize for guessing which it seems to be for haha.

I thought you weren't going to be wasting any more of your brain cell (can't disagree with the singular there) and "precious time" here? You can flip prata just as well as your paymasters! 😂😂😂

• Haha! 4

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

somebody here must draw a flowchart. Yes ? No ? How to proceed ?

1 hour ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Both the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test and the Antigen Rapid Test (ART) are recognised by Germany authoritieshttps://osler-health.com/covid-19/germany-change-in-covid-19-travel-requirements

Hope Germany is fully aware our MOH don’t report individual who tested positive in an ART test. All the nations need to know to better understand the covid situation in singapore so that their people can assess their risks accurately before arriving singapore.

“Current situation assessments on the Covid-19 situation can be found on the website of the Singaporean Ministry of Health: Ministry of Health” https://singapur.diplo.de/sg-en/service/-/2320932

Germany situation now is also like UK.....rising cases again after the last peak

Despite high vaxx rates and boosters (UK started booster a month ago), the infected cases continue to climb. 

Has any medical people  study why is this happening? 

Edited by Starry

8 minutes ago, Starry said:

Germany situation now is also like UK.....rising cases again after the last peak

Despite high vaxx rates and boosters (UK started booster a month ago), the infected cases continue to climb. 

Has any medical people  study why is this happening? 

US, UK, entire Europe like Germany, France, Italy, Greece, etc

all of Asia like TH, VT, JP,  S.KOREA, MSIA, SG, etc ... EXCEPT PRC [laugh] 

down under OZ and NZ .... all are opening ... the whole world is opening .... 

beh ta han liao ... 110% covid cases will rise and rise and rise ... aka "stabilizing" 

now every leader claim vaccine rate has reached 70% ... 80% .... definitely all gunning to release the kraken

no choice liao .... whoever do not release the kraken will be claimed left behind ... 

no leader wants to be the kid left at the corner suck thumb .... [sly] 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3