COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

19 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I think at this time, people are very sensitive and uptight.  The govt should not do this.

You are right.  It's just a few days.  But the perception of unfairness is there.  If the  govt has always been supportive of singaporeans,  maybe we can overlook this.  But if the govt has made it a habit to keep scolding singaporeans, naturally they resentment is there.

If more of us here are thinking that way, I do not think we have hope any more. Pardon me being frank. Small little thing also want to pick a fight with gov is not healthy, anywhere, not only Singapore.

↡ Advertisement

39 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Curious what words have been offending you in my last posting that also make me sound superior. I did not insult your intelligence or curse words etc.

Don't worry I will stop at this as I am not keen to spoil my day, same for you I would think. Hopefully some more superior being will not come in to correct my typo again.

And yet for someone who pretends to take the moral high ground and claimed not to want to make too many posts here in this place full of "poison" (again, your word, not mine), you sure seem to be getting off on spreading some "poison" yourself. Poison prata? 😂

Never mind that you accuse others of "poisoning" the discussion yet want to make things personal yourself like your insinuation about me and why I'm angry about the situation. Oh, so based on my car ownership, I'm a cushily appointed medical professional who's now suffering discomfort from a wee little mismanaged pandemic? Well, f**k you. It couldn't be that medical professionals like myself and so many others who are actually in the front lines of this thing are angry about the lives being needlessly wasted - with no real end in sight - in this foolish flip-flopping escapade by your filthy lucre-masters? You, who apparently aren't at the forefront of this thing, but are happy to be fed scraps off the table by your political masters, know more than the many frustrated doctors and nurses out here fighting fires every day? If that isn't arrant presumption, I don't know what is! 

So yes, go on with your never-ending aggrieved lachrymose passive-aggressive rants (twice and counting so far) about my pointing out your "typo", I'm happy I did that, and I'm happy to do more since you're a small-minded, IB-dogging minion pretending you have the moral high-ground.

You know, despite your self-professed single brain cell, you might come up with something clever in your signature like "I B barking" given your proclivities, but you do love to portray yourself as a dyed-in-the-wool "heartlander", don't you? Wouldn't want to appear too clever and glib and spoil that little facade. That's how the pandering "People's Action" Parteh has pretended to it, and that's how you want to play your nonsensical propaganda off too, isn't it, down to your carefully chosen nick?

You claim this place is a hotbed of oppo sympathy, yet why are you still here in this thread posting your own vitriol to add to the "poison"? After your repeated protestations you wouldn't bother anymore?

Anyway, I'm done. You can bark to yourself. You're going on my ignore list, and unlike you, I actually keep my word. Enjoy your flagrant hypocrisy in your little echo chamber, goodbye!

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

I have my at outram polyclinic.

For both 1st and 2nd jab no mention of dosage. Only check/confirm 1st or 2nd jab.

Mine also no mentioned of dosgae. And mine was preloaded sitting there at room temperature don't know for how long.

24 minutes ago, Ender said:

Mine also no mentioned of dosgae. And mine was preloaded sitting there at room temperature don't know for how long.

Me and wifey were slightly better as we booked the earlier timeslot 8am to 830am 😀 Should be newly prepared syringes I reckon at that early hours.

The only downside were wifey worry that nurse might still be in "Sleep mode" like we step into the office every morning. 😓 Early slot complain(not awake). Late slot complain( injection fatigue). Hard to please.

• Haha! 4

4 hours ago, Jellandross said:

I didn't pass my PSLE maths. Any scholars can explain the point behind this post?

How about if 100% of the population are fully vax, this will also mean they made up of 100% of icu cases right? So vax is no use right? Lol. 😂

I’m quite sick of the recent government propaganda of how good they are handling the situation.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I lost my cool in my previous post and for that I apologise to all except the addressee. It's just that it's maddening to see such smug hypocrisy on display in the middle of a crisis that has transcended professional interest to become deeply personal for many of us. And I'm sure it's very personal for those outside the medical fraternity now too, given how widespread this thing has been allowed to become. I'm glad this place still has so many right-thinking, outspoken folk. 👍🏼

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 12

10 hours ago, Heartlander said:

What is this pollyanna thing? Can eat one or not? Pardon me my england not so good but I have no time to google for its meaningful so this will be a regret in my life so sad. 

Maybe you are panicky because your well paying job that let you afford a Maclaren is unfortunately pushing you now to the front of the crisis where exposure and becoming a casualty is a possibility, and that is weighing you down as you start to think of the consequences for yourself and your dear ones. But too bad that is life. You never know what you gonna get. Do not complain when things look not rosy for you. 

For all who complain and complain and complain with your 2 cents, life mysteriously will still go on and on and on. Even if I were to sing praises of our gov also it will not change any outcome at all. So why not just let our gov do their job while we try to follow the guideline diligently and not be another unfavourable variable in a already difficult situation.

This is a open forum after all, not a mouth piece of gov or oppo parties though at times it sure looks like one. No prize for guessing which it seems to be for haha.

Tsk tsk tsk... ppl dislike your pov with one statement and you reply with a personal attack? You must be diligently studying the playbook that's handed down by your masters. No prize for guessing which master you serve haha.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

53 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

How about if 100% of the population are fully vax, this will also mean they made up of 100% of icu cases right? So vax is no use right? Lol. 😂

I’m quite sick of the recent government propaganda of how good they are handling the situation.

Not the first time they always ownself praise ownself la. Lol.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

If 100%of the population were vaxxed, yes 100% of the Icu will be vaxxed, but they only take extra 15% more. While  for the unvaxxed, they will take up  85% more beds.

Let's use vaxxed population of 85% and unvaxxed population of 15%. And for simplicaity,  let's say the tol ICU bed that the infected occuppies is 100 bed, base on the split in MOH's posting, vaxxed take 40 beds, and the unvaxxed take 60 beds.

Vaxxed

85% => 40 beds,  If 100% of population were vaxxed  they would take up,

If population is 100% vaxxed => 47.1 beds

Unvaxxed

15% => 60 beds, If 100% of the population were unvaxxed, they would take 

If population is 100% unvaxxed => 400 beds..

That is 4 times over the 100 beds of ICU... 

So if base on MOH data, Vaxxed will help in reducing the iCU take up rate. 

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 5

8 hours ago, Kopites said:

Take a chill pill.. take a flight over to one of those VTLs and you eat with as many as you want...

While on this silly island, it must be a privilege to eat with your own family..

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I think at this time, people are very sensitive and uptight.  The govt should not do this.

You are right.  It's just a few days.  But the perception of unfairness is there.  If the  govt has always been supportive of singaporeans,  maybe we can overlook this.  But if the govt has made it a habit to keep scolding singaporeans, naturally they resentment is there.

The perceived unfairness come with a price.

”All foreign delegates must be fully vaccinated, and undergo daily pre-event testing on conference days.”

I wonder who likes to be poke daily to have 5 pax dining.

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

I know you are sick of the way Govt handling the pandemic.

Be careful of the message from Anti-vaxxer especially on messaging services.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 6

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

The perceived unfairness come with a price.

”All foreign delegates must be fully vaccinated, and undergo daily pre-event testing on conference days.”

I wonder who likes to be poke daily to have 5 pax dining.

ART poking is ok. Healthcare workers already do it twice a week as a routine, and daily after exposure. Basically, PCR (with the deeper poking of the nose or the combined poking of nose and gag-inducing throat swabs) are reserved for special cases. 

So the delegates might be doing daily ART which isn't too bad. And if it's self-administered and supervised, umm, well, I hope they're trustworthy. 

Anyway, I'm not sure what modality they're being required to use. 

• Praise 3

8 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I lost my cool in my previous post and for that I apologise to all except the addressee. It's just that it's maddening to see such smug hypocrisy on display in the middle of a crisis that has transcended professional interest to become deeply personal for many of us. And I'm sure it's very personal for those outside the medical fraternity now too, given how widespread this thing has been allowed to become. I'm glad this place still has so many right-thinking, outspoken folk. 👍🏼

Apologize simi? See cockroach just whack lah! 

• Haha! 10

Someone, a doctor, shared on that the situation is very scary. Because if the number of cases in ICU does not go down or creeps up and the number of deaths are high, it means that there are many patients entering ICU on a daily basis.

This assumes most of the deaths occur in ICUs.

And a morbid thought is that the death rates are the thing preventing the ICUs from being more flooded then it is now.

• Praise 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Apologize for what? We all share the same sentiments.

Yours considered mild liao. I would use the Cantonese 四点经 my HK friend taught me already.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

17 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Yay! Finally our South Asian brothers and sisters can come in! Open big big ah! 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/singapore-allow-some-travellers-south-asia-ease-stay-home-notice-restrictions-malaysia-and-indonesia-2263722

Ah Ong said, "After going through big transmission waves for many months, the pandemic situations in many countries have stabilised and their infection rates are - some of them are even lower than Singapore's. So we can open up travel lanes with these countries safely." 

Now then he know how f**ked up we are with many countries having lower infection rates than us ah? 

Virus update coming. 

Need 2022 version la 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1