COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

2 minutes ago, Playtime said:

legal minefield bro.

possible election minefield too.

Sg will not make it mandatory unless the rest of the world do it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

12 hours ago, 13177 said:

Wa, this time they jab lower dose? The other time they jab much higher recommended dose? Such mistake also can happened?

Maybe jab directly into bloodstream instead of muscle:XD:

• Haha! 1

52 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Just wondering aloud. 

Everyone EXCEPT china. They can lockdown as far as they want since economically they seem to tahan. No right or wrong.  

But if the world eventually gets herd immunity.. but china is still lockdown.. wouldn't it make their citizens ripe for disasters? Like the American Indians first time meet smallpox?

Eventually they must open too. 

Zhong Nan Shan said China will open up when:

1. 90% PRC vax;

2. Cases outside of China is lower than China.

China will not bother to open until COVID19 is OVER.

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I am not sure. Yes, I agree with your math.

But u r making assumptions based on extrapolation.  If 85% vaxxed use 40 beds, 100% will use 47.5 beds.  That is assuming that the remaining 15% of the population is similar.  If the remaining 15% ( some say its 6% after excluding children), have more elderly with more comorbidities ( which might be why they refuse vaccination), your calculations might be off.

So in principle, I agree with you but I think we need to figure out why the vaxxed are also in icu.  And also for the unvaxxed.  Is it merely the vaccine or are there similarities like people with diabetes are more likely to go to icu if they get covid regardless of vaccine status, for example.

They should make new rule

people with underlying condition no eat out😂

• Haha! 3

I have 3 cases not too far away from me.

1) a colleague of my OC was hit by covid. Her husband was tested positive and likely got it from work, but he had no symptoms, and recovered while SHN. She was tested positive 2-3 days after her husband, and recovered 10 days later at home. Her condition was quite bad. However, their 3 teenage children, staying together did not contact covid. 

2) the uncle ( a bus captain) of one of my daughter's classmate was tested positive. He stay with her family and was SHN at home, no symptoms also and recovered quite quickly. Other than him, the whole family is tested negative.

3) My in laws stay next to their siblings, 3 units in a row, and one of the sibling had 2 rooms rented out. A new tenant came, and tested positive 1 week later ( later found out that his last rental flat was covid positive),  he had to SHN in the room with another tenant. the other guy went to stay at the factory instead and left him alone. After a few days, MOH came and send him away, because there are old folks at home.  No one else is tested positive. 

All not infected in these cases are vaccinated, some young and fit, while the older ones have no unknown conditions. The 6 oldest are all above 80.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 2

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Zhong Nan Shan said China will open up when:

1. 90% PRC vax;

2. Cases outside of China is lower than China.

China will not bother to open until COVID19 is OVER.

What will happen to winter olympic?

• Shocked 1

China’s requirements are ever changing. 

My friend who’s a Singaporean married a ATB who’s a PR. She want to bring their son who’s a Singaporean back to China end of the year for a visit.

They require my friend who’s not even going back with them to be vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinopharm only. 🙄

Edited by Fcw75
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

9 hours ago, Ender said:

If 100%of the population were vaxxed, yes 100% of the Icu will be vaxxed, but they only take extra 15% more. While  for the unvaxxed, they will take up  85% more beds.

Let's use vaxxed population of 85% and unvaxxed population of 15%. And for simplicaity,  let's say the tol ICU bed that the infected occuppies is 100 bed, base on the split in MOH's posting, vaxxed take 40 beds, and the unvaxxed take 60 beds.

Vaxxed

85% => 40 beds,  If 100% of population were vaxxed  they would take up,

If population is 100% vaxxed => 47.1 beds

Unvaxxed

15% => 60 beds, If 100% of the population were unvaxxed, they would take 

If population is 100% unvaxxed => 400 beds..

That is 4 times over the 100 beds of ICU... 

So if base on MOH data, Vaxxed will help in reducing the iCU take up rate. 

Good illustration.

Unfortunately if we add the 6 months protection validity for vaccines, the figures will be very different.

I think that's what pissed people off further.

e084b998-25ef-4da2-b4ae-2f68a2caf4c6_tex

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, RadX said:

wow...the treatment to 'smelly farts' 

durians... just import lotsa durians... put in public places... any ang mo cannot smell, lock up 🤣

natural.. organic solution. safe too.

• Haha! 5

10 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

My friend who’s a Singaporean married a ATB who’s a PR. She want to bring their son who’s a Singaporean back to China end of the year for a visit.

They require my friend who’s not even going back with them to be vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinopharm only. 🙄

XI ZHONG Wan Shui 

😂

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

wah... quite unpredictable.

others can also say, any PRC want to enter EU or US etc.... MUST be pfizer, Mordenna etc.... you can i also can.

45 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

My own bro is not vaxx, and he is totally against my dad going for the jab, so until now they are not vaxx. 

We have a siblings grp chat, and everyday he will post anti-vaxx messages, some going insane, and none of us reply to him anymore....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Your bro not even interested to jab non mRNA vaccine ah? If he is working, guess he would be ''force'' to vax when the new ruling effect from 1 Jan next year liao. Difficult to escape from vax. Lol.

4 minutes ago, Playtime said:

wah... quite unpredictable.

others can also say, any PRC want to enter EU or US etc.... MUST be pfizer, Mordenna etc.... you can i also can.

If my friend going back with them to Beijing and must be vaccinated with Sinopharm or Sinovac, that I can understand.

But my friend is not even going back with them…no logic. 万岁万岁万万岁!

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3