COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

32 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

They should make new rule

people with underlying condition no eat out😂

Then all BBFA how...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Good illustration.

Unfortunately if we add the 6 months protection validity for vaccines, the figures will be very different.

I think that's what pissed people off further.

e084b998-25ef-4da2-b4ae-2f68a2caf4c6_tex

Yes.   Some people will take the risk of 2 mrna jabs.  But they are worried if  they need to jab one mrna jab every 6 months for life.  And esp if the mrna jab is the same as previously and not modified to account for variants.

• Praise 3

27 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

If my friend going back with them to Beijing and must be vaccinated with Sinopharm or Sinovac, that I can understand.

But my friend is not even going back with them…no logic. 万岁万岁万万岁!

if live with in laws... then all also must re jab ah due to close proximity?

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Your bro not even interested to jab non mRNA vaccine ah? If he is working, guess he would be ''force'' to vax when the new ruling effect from 1 Jan next year liao. Difficult to escape from vax. Lol.

Maybe he prefer to test with ART everyday....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

In case anyone not clear,  it is not PRC who started the tit for tac first.  

It was the US and EU who started that sinovac was not recognize and anyone jab with sinovac cannot enter EU and US,  after which China stated that anyone entering China must be vaxx with sinovac.... 

Mai smlj also anyhow hoot lah.... 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

In case anyone not clear,  it is not PRC who started the tit for tac first.  

It was the US and EU who started that sinovac was not recognize and anyone jab with sinovac cannot enter EU and US,  after which China stated that anyone entering China must be vaxx with sinovac.... 

Mai smlj also anyhow hoot lah.... 

i would still hoot. you have a lower efficacy vaccine that pple choose not to recognise, then you tit for tat whack people with a higher efficacy vaccine.

damn small gas, damn glass heart.

7 minutes ago, Etnt said:

i would still hoot. you have a lower efficacy vaccine that pple choose not to recognise, then you tit for tat whack people with a higher efficacy vaccine.

damn small gas, damn glass heart.

is Pfizer and Moderna “efficacy” as real as what is claimed?

many youtube video shows how P/M “engineer” their efficacy to their advantage during testing stage :grin:

if P/M efficacy is really > 95% spore should not be at a “jialat” situation today?

the efficacy claimed is “protection” from virus wor not death rate hor

i dont trust PRC but also don’t smoked by the amdk … say 1 thing do another .. 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I am not sure. Yes, I agree with your math.

But u r making assumptions based on extrapolation.  If 85% vaxxed use 40 beds, 100% will use 47.5 beds.  That is assuming that the remaining 15% of the population is similar.  If the remaining 15% ( some say its 6% after excluding children), have more elderly with more comorbidities ( which might be why they refuse vaccination), your calculations might be off.

So in principle, I agree with you but I think we need to figure out why the vaxxed are also in icu.  And also for the unvaxxed.  Is it merely the vaccine or are there similarities like people with diabetes are more likely to go to icu if they get covid regardless of vaccine status, for example.

Yes, it's extraolation. It's call a projection and it's base on current infection rate which is consistent so far. So it's reasonable to use the current and consistent rate to make a projection. Although may not be 100% correct, but this is one way projections are made, i.e use current and historical data. Accuracy improve if historical data is consistent. No one can make a accurate assessment if really want to consider  your variables, and any assessment using your consideration will becomes an opinion. As for children, no children or very low are in the ICU in singapore context.

So in principle, I agree with you but I think we need to figure out why the vaxxed are also in icu.  And also for the unvaxxed.  Is it merely the vaccine or are there similarities like people with diabetes are more likely to go to icu if they get covid regardless of vaccine status, for example.

I believe study will be there. But again if I use current data, the numbers of vaxxed in ICU vs unvaxxed in icu is just in line with the vaccine protection. I calculated it to be 88.2 % erfficacy in protection from ICU  in our local context. The vaccine is doing it's job, and the efficacy number is not far from the expected efficacy if base on Israel caclulation (more than 90%)

• Praise 2

Si bei sian.

Nov coming liao. We still struck with 2.

And double digit death. 

My bro come with wife and kids to visit on the weekend also need do secretly  . Dun know break law or not.

Open not open, close not close.

Just grumbling.  Dun say i negative 😑

• Haha! 7

31 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

many youtube video shows how P/M “engineer” their efficacy to their advantage during testing stage :grin:

if P/M efficacy is really > 95% spore should not be at a “jialat” situation today?

For Asians, it’s never even 90% in the first place. It’s only 74% for Pfizer.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Fcw75 said:

Delta also got 74 meh? 

Now all the infection is delta liao

• Praise 1

Just now, Beregond said:

Delta also got 74 meh? 

Now all the infection is delta liao

Probably even lower. 🥴

1A2002CD-C442-415F-951A-886A1F2DF7F3.jpeg

3F5B533E-DF11-4CC5-AD44-F7963E1861C3.jpeg

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

2 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Why are people still using the 95% efficacy reported in the 3rd phase trial? It's already acknowledge that with Delta variant, this number no longer holds. If base on Israel study, against infection drops to 39 % nia.

But against severe symptoms and death, there are still good protection.

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Ender said:

Why are people still using the 95% efficacy reported in the 3rd phase trial? It's already acknowledge that with Delta variant, this number no longer holds. If base on Israel study, against infection drops to 39 % nia.

But against severe symptoms and death, there are still good protection.

Even protection  against  death is for those healthy  nia. If u are unhealthy  need to bet on the boosters 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1