COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

1 minute ago, Etnt said:

At the end of the day, realise that you are just a number, a statistic.

Do what you can to protect yourself, your family; and lighten the burden of the under-appreciated healthcare workers by not becoming one that need to be under their care.

Amen to that.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Etnt said:

Do what you can to protect yourself, your family; and lighten the burden of the under-appreciated healthcare workers by not becoming one that need to be under their care.

Singapore has been a Corporate for a long long time.

4 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Maybe he prefer to test with ART everyday....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

You make your brother do ART test everyday?

My son last week went for lunch with my dad. Before he left the house, I did ART test twice on him, just in case of false negative.😅 Ya, I am more kiasi.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

MMTF = Multi Ministry Task Force.

The "correct" person has to be a Ministar.

I did propose Ng Eng Hen.  He is a doctor, a minister and has experience in managing a big organisation like SAF.

Yes, he is 3G and not 4G but this is not the time for egos. 

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Etnt said:

Yes, be kiasi. 

1 minute ago, Philipkee said:

I did propose Ng Eng Hen.  He is a doctor, a minister and has experience in managing a big organisation like SAF.

Yes, he is 3G and not 4G but this is not the time for egos. 

Are you sure he can do a better job than current chairpersons?

Not forgetting that MMTF may not make the final decision especially strategic direction

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Not forgetting that MMTF may not make the final decision especially strategic direction

1)  I think so.  He looks and sounds zai.   But the thing is if the two Co chairs (I doubt Gan Kim Yong is aiming to be PM) are rivals, it is never a good thing as they may spend more time infighting instead.

2)  That is the big elephant in the room.  Cos other countries, the PM or President is taking the lead.  Here.....

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Singapore has been a Corporate for a long long time.

but many keep forgetting mah

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I feel communication from the current mmtf is very lacking. Even their rebuke to truth warriors seems weak and many here sees it as the gahment misleading them again. I would certainly think they need better PR.

To be frank, it took me alot of home work to understand why the gahment chose this path. They should just lay out the plan with more transparency than now. Explain what oyk means by stabilization phase. My understanding was very different till i realize what he meant.

Edited by Ender

1 minute ago, Philipkee said:

1)  I think so.  He looks and sounds zai.   But the thing is if the two Co chairs (I doubt Gan Kim Yong is aiming to be PM) are rivals, it is never a good thing as they may spend more time infighting instead.

2)  That is the big elephant in the room.  Cos other countries, the PM or President is taking the lead.  Here.....

1. He will not do a better job. The full authority may not lie with MMTF.

2. Looking at PAP succession plan. You will know who has the final said.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

1. He will not do a better job. The full authority may not lie with MMTF.

2. Looking at PAP succession plan. You will know who has the final said.

that's the next thing that many forget: the whip that makes sure everybody toe the line.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Ender said:

I feel communication from the current mmtf is very lacking. Even their rebuke to truth warriors seems weak and many here sees it as the gahment misleading them again. I would certainly think they need better PR.

To be frank, it took me alot of home work to understand why the gahment chose this path. They should just lay out the plan with more transparency than now. Explain what oyk means by stabilization phase. My understanding was very different till i realize what he meant.

Honestly, they could POFMA Truth Warriors.

Anyway, using percentage is difficult to understand.

They should just use numbers.

I thought they have lay out the plan in June.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Arogab said:

Wow bro, you guys ramp up more then 10 pages over the weekend. Haha. I had a busy weekend with Chinese staff here to support my project. Hope everyone is well and situation do not blow further

Haha, hope you had a good weekend. Here only KPKB nia la, in the end still ownself take care of ownself and family members.

All the best there too.

Turbocharged

one of the recent news said that there are still 100+k working people that haven't taken vax

wah i see around, most, if not all, the people i know already vaxxed

or maybe my social circle too small

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Haha, hope you had a good weekend. Here only KPKB nia la, in the end still ownself take care of ownself and family members.

All the best there too.

Haha, link the makan thread, I really enjoy myself drinking and MJing over weekend. Those guys party till damn late. We destroyed 3 bottles of whiskey, one Vodka and countless beers.

Good thing is we are all fully vaccinated. Some older guys got 3rd jabs already, stay safe and be fun lah. Try not go out if not necessary till things get better.

• Praise 4

7 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

China’s requirements are ever changing. 

My friend who’s a Singaporean married a ATB who’s a PR. She want to bring their son who’s a Singaporean back to China end of the year for a visit.

They require my friend who’s not even going back with them to be vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinopharm only. 🙄

Heard from someone going back to PRC soon, they have a whole laundry list of requirements and certification to get, posted by their embassy. Things like maintaining health log for the days before the flight, told to go for 2 x swab tests (this one is a puzzler, why), not to mention arranging for quarantine hotel over there, etc. Not surprised if there are some requirements for household members they are staying with as well.

All the while worrying if situation here or in PRC worsen in the coming days (indeed cases are rising again in PRC now), then flights might get cancelled.

Last few days in singapore, instead of shopping for things to bring home, they very obediently stay home isolation, for fear of catching any bug at the last minute [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 3

10 minutes ago, Scion said:

one of the recent news said that there are still 100+k working people that haven't taken vax

wah i see around, most, if not all, the people i know already vaxxed

or maybe my social circle too small

got ah..

2 good friends of mine die die dun vax ( including their direct family  ( wife n kids ).

my youngest bro 30+ just jab after the news unvaxx cannot go shopping centre ( waiting for 2nd shot) if not i think he wont jab.

1 driver i know from a jap company also recently jab because the company threaten to pock him if he dun jab 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3