COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

27 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

As of 22 Jul

C25228EF-E248-4D20-98CF-45630BD4A274.jpeg

The seniors should get themselves vaccinated ASAP, waiting may not be an option given this super KTV/ JFM cluster (Delta is much harder to control with masks, social distancing, etc).  Once embedded like in many other countries, total elimination is just not possible (hidden reservoirs with many asymptomatic carriers). Only those who live like a hermit may be safe. 

If not comfortable with mRNA, just take Sinovax. 

Some of my dad’s friends are not vaccinated although they are not medically exempted coz they are afraid the vaccine will kill them before the virus.  That may be true 6 months ago but the maths is not so clear now. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Wah, now I worry for forwarding fake / unverified news since they can’t go after Nikkei. 

Maybe they can.

I don't even dare to quote your quoted article [laugh]

But I would say SG's approach to this seedy side of life has always been one of pragmatism.

It's very easy to take potshots from a moral angle but what are the alternatives that can be suggested?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

I don't even dare to quote your quoted article [laugh]

But I would say SG's approach to this seedy side of life has always been one of pragmatism.

It's very easy to take potshots from a moral angle but what are the alternatives that can be suggested?

But they did shut down Geylang? 

Think the policy makers already semi-cater for your needs when they allowed massage / spa to operate with masks (meet you half way lah). Lol

But F&B in KTV run by same operators without track records in food and singing business really stretch my imagination. 😂

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

I see govt giving out $$, sometimes I will have nightmare about GST rise. Haiz..... :dizzy:

S$1.1 billion support package for workers, businesses hit by Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) restrictions

The Government will provide a S$1.1 billion support package to help workers and businesses affected by Singapore’s return to Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) restrictions. The package includes wage subsidies under an enhanced Jobs Support Scheme (JSS) for affected sectors, rental relief for commercial properties, as well as a new relief fund for market and hawker centre stallholders. The food delivery booster package and the e-commerce booster package will be extended, said the Ministry of Finance (MOF) on Thursday (Jul 23). For taxi and private-hire car drivers, the COVID-19 driver relief fund will be enhanced.

mof-covid-19-jul-23.png

mof-covid-19-jul-23--1-.jpg

mof-covid-19-jul-23--2-.png

mof-covid-19-jul-23--3-.png

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-support-package-1-1-billion-jss-hawkers-rental-phase-2-15275712

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

The seniors should get themselves vaccinated ASAP, waiting may not be an option given this super KTV/ JFM cluster (Delta is much harder to control with masks, social distancing, etc).  Once embedded like in many other countries, total elimination is just not possible (hidden reservoirs with many asymptomatic carriers). Only those who live like a hermit may be safe. 

If not comfortable with mRNA, just take Sinovax. 

Some of my dad’s friends are not vaccinated although they are not medically exempted coz they are afraid the vaccine will kill them before the virus.  That may be true 6 months ago but the maths is not so clear now. 

A lot of this group is the most 'tekey' one. 

Don't want to get vaccinate and not wearing mask properly.

Last night send my daughter to Teck Ghee CC to get her 2nd dose.

While waiting went to blk 409 market dabao satay.  Saw outside the market separately a few group of senior of 3 to 4 person. All mask half down or not wear at all. That market already have some case.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 6

9 hours ago, Tohto said:

A lot of this group is the most 'tekey' one. 

Don't want to get vaccinate and not wearing mask properly.

Last night send my daughter to Teck Ghee CC to get her 2nd dose.

While waiting went to blk 409 market dabao satay.  Saw outside the market separately a few group of senior of 3 to 4 person. All mask half down or not wear at all. That market already have some case.

common sight in every neighborhood void deck and kopi shops, few gather around chit chat with some smoking, some drinking but all no mask.

• Praise 7

15 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Looks like all of us (fully vaccinated) will get it eventually, just hope won't need oxygen. 

The numbers suggests same rate of infection whether vaccinated or not. Why the sexperts just cannot say it as it is, but must mention so many reasons?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Woah I stop reading at Dale Fisher. He is as credible as my prawn noodle hawker when it comes to covid advisory.

• Haha! 7

25 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Looks like all of us (fully vaccinated) will get it eventually, just hope won't need oxygen. 

The numbers suggests same rate of infection whether vaccinated or not. Why the sexperts just cannot say it as it is, but must mention so many reasons?

the only "consolation" is that covid effects on vaccinated people are milder. 

life goes on ... 

• Praise 4

8 minutes ago, Blueray said:

the only "consolation" is that covid effects on vaccinated people are milder. 

life goes on ... 

As of yesterday 

FD213183-96FB-4B8E-8F83-E729B195C26B.jpeg

• Praise 2

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

I think still must depends on what you do and where you go lo.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Blueray said:

still does not answer the "ineffective" question ... 

it's like if more and more people cross road daily ... it's inevitable that more and more people kena langgar?

what we see now is 

a. ineffective to prevent infection?

b. effective to prevent complication?

2021-07-24_111003.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I think still must depends on what you do and where you go lo.

But fish buy veg also will kena. Talking with an infected person also. There is no escape.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
Just now, Volvobrick said:

But fish buy veg also will kena. Talking with an infected person also. There is no escape.

Like they say, covid has become like common flu. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Like they say, covid has become like common flu. 

covid is endemic lor ....

btw, still no news on extended grace period for URA and HDB car parks ...

Edited by Blueray

5 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

like that might as well go ktv? lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4