COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

How about simply saying

"We are reversing course cos our previous approach was wrong.  We screwed up. I admit it.  You can judge our actions later but for now, let's focus on battling this pandemic."

Singaporeans are generally forgiving.  But obviously don't say this then open up further or implement stupid measures.

Admit wrong is the best approach.

:D

• Haha! 5

3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Covid is a new ball game.  You can stay at home but what if you cause a cluster in your house?  Or your block?

If you stay at home you cannot cause a cluster in your block

but if you cause a cluster in your own home

everyone will understand and not one will criticise you.

Better you start a cluster at home than

cause a public cluster.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

7 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

I think at this point in time, there are clusters all over the place.  Prevention of new cases is now impossible. And most will get infected sooner or later (unless there is a new, better vaccine). 

Now is how best to deal with this inevitable new reality collectively.  What I support is, recover at home if mild, don't go to the hospitals for personal reasons like not wanting to infect your family members. Think of and prepare other solutions.

My friend and I were discussing this recently.  We were talking about invermectin and such.  

Then we were thinking aloud.  Last time we had milk for primary school children for a small sum.  Why not we do the same now beyond vaccination?  For a small sum, distribute supplements to children every week to boost their immunity?  Some children might not have them and their diet might not be balanced enough.  Some multi vitamin pills or something?

And just have discounts for supplements and vitamins if purchased by elderly in pharmacies?

While vaccines are useful, it will not harm to also at the same time, build up immunity systems simultaneously. 

• Praise 1

Zero Covid is impossible to achieve with delta but at least it kept the cases low.

Look at HK and Taiwan.

Now? It’s really free for all and letting the virus ravage thru’ Singapore from east to west.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Windwaver said:

I see, so the strain on A&E and GPs are the result of “the great resignation” :grin:

Can resign is a luxury. This covid wave has caused great strain on all kinds of jobs. Nobody can plan for anything. Everything is just up to the situation of the day, whether you have enough manpower, minus those who get struck by QO, HRW, etc. Chances are now quite high with the number of cases as it is. Totally unpredictable and it's causing a lot of stress in other jobs as well. Especially when employers expect the same level of performance and service. Worst of all, most people cannot resign, still gotta endure and feed the family.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3

13 hours ago, RadX said:

After a while u realise

passion does not pay bills and if u fall sick or die, passion will not resurrect you!

Exactly 

At most got asked by the cashier if I have Passion card...still need to pay with cash or credit card...never once allowed to leave the mart with my bread and butter when I say:"payment by passion" 😁

• Haha! 7

39 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Exactly 

At most got asked by the cashier if I have Passion card...still need to pay with cash or credit card...never once allowed to leave the mart with my bread and butter when I say:"payment by passion" 😁

Cos u not Andy lau   :D

• Haha! 4

Last Monday one colleague quarantine because daughter got Covid.

This Monday another colleague quarantine because son friend came to their home also got Covid.

Like this I will be the only one coming to work.

I don't want. Do everybody work only one salary.

Any meet up I want to social activities now. 

Then can home quarantine too like everybody else.

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

This Monday another colleague quarantine because son friend came to their home also got Covid.

u buy fruits and go visit your colleague at home. and your apps will light up i suppose😆

Edited by Beregond
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

My friend and I were discussing this recently.  We were talking about invermectin and such.  

Then we were thinking aloud.  Last time we had milk for primary school children for a small sum.  Why not we do the same now beyond vaccination?  For a small sum, distribute supplements to children every week to boost their immunity?  Some children might not have them and their diet might not be balanced enough.  Some multi vitamin pills or something?

And just have discounts for supplements and vitamins if purchased by elderly in pharmacies?

While vaccines are useful, it will not harm to also at the same time, build up immunity systems simultaneously. 

Personally I don't believe in and don't take supplements. The problem is, what supplements are scientifically proven to boost immunity?

End up will be which companies with the better connections to the politicians selling their unproven products at inflated price to the national programme. Profiting at taxpayers' expense of course. 

Just eat a variety of food and whatever the body needs will be there. Diversification of your diet, just like your investments. 

• Praise 3

Parents don't feed their kids fruit and vegetables these days?

Why push parents responsibility to gov?

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

21 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Jin cham - one person have to massage so many young ladies but still one salary. Need help? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 6