COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

15 minutes ago, Mason016 said:

Wednesday 4D number out. 

1st Prize 1178

2nd Prize 1137

3rd Prize 1038

Starters

0135     0005    0065     6283

Very soon we all really just treat the explosion as digits only...... Until it hits us or our love ones. 

I think the objectove of living with endemic is making the numbers of Local cases as high as possible..... 

Then say imported cases doesn't adds up to as many of local cases and we should open our borders to allow freedom of travel. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Safe my ass, my heartbeats still irregular after so long.

I got to pay out of pocket to see a cardiologist, blood tests, treadmill, 2D echocardiogram, consultation, medication, time, energy.................

Not cheap at all.

Off topic.  Many years ago, as a triage nurse, there was one person younger than me for some unrelated condition.  But was one of those minor things like sprained finger that should not be in ane but it was night and the finger really hurt.

Anyway i did the spo2 reading as part of routine and noticed the number just keep moving around.  Patient was well.  And it was not busy so I told my assistant to do an ECG.  My assistant was a trained nurse (filippino HCA but they are RN in Philippines) so she asked if I was sure I wanna do ECG for sprained finger.  I said yes.

Turned out there was a fast AF and was sent to the resus room.  The consultant asked me wants the chief complaint I :D and said sprained finger. He glanced at the ECG and said you are joking as he hooked up the patient and confirmed my ECG.  I confirmed it and told the story of the wandering SPO2.

The doctor told the patient you are lucky cos people might have missed that.   Can't remember the other vitals...  but it turned out he had some underlying problems that was never detected before.

Many years later, when I taught nursing, I shared this story and then the same thing happened in private hospital.  I informed the doctor who did the ECG.  The patient was about to be discharged and was actually very well so there was a hoo haa cos this is private.  So I tell myself I don't care what, there better be something cos the patient was about to complain.

Turn out there were some ectopic beats but nothing serious but there was something that was previously undetected.  So my job was safe....

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 11

There are going to be a *lot* of daily cases. No precise numbers, for obvious reasons, but brace yourselves. I don't want this added uncertainty about "how many tested pos with ART and just never went further?". We all need to know the unvarnished full numbers, summed up over every reasonably reliable method of diagnostic testing. 

• Praise 5

6 hours ago, Ender said:

Another 3 death, one fully vax above 83 yo man.

Hope booster shot can reduce the numbers...

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/1178-new-covid-cases-3-more-deaths-reported-in-singapore-155437322.html

Don’t put too much hope. It’s basically the same old stuff that does nothing to fight delta.

Strict measures is more effective.

Horrendous govt.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Don’t put too much hope. It’s basically the same old stuff that does nothing to fight delta.

Strict measures is more effective.

Horrendous govt.

Basically, boils down to own social circles and socializing.

Know a few people who received QO or HRW and HRA or otherwise had to be swabbed because of close contact. More so these days when the case numbers are so high.

*Touch wood* until now, personally I never got such inconvenience. Although I still carry out normal activities.

Then realized the safety factor is probably because i have no friends or social gatherings / activities [laugh]

• Haha! 4

From the way it goes, it seems obvious that the decision making will put us at a slippery slope to hell. If we don't stem the public activities now, it's probably true that we not will be able to control things short of an economically damaging full bore CB later on.

And when I say stemming activities now, I'm not talking about a full CB you dumb f**k IBs. I'm talking about P2HA no dine-ins etc, it's the least the govt can do. Once you stop dine-ins, you give less reasons for people to visit malls etc. Restaurants closed down can always be opened up, getting an infection can have far reaching health consequences that even the G will not know until years later. 

I'm just glad that I did not give these jokers the mandate last year. What a bloody joke!

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

Some Singaporeans just need the govt to tell them what to do. Cannot use their own thinking. They will just say ‘the govt never said cannot what’. 

They just continue with their social activities because they think they will not kenna……until they kenna and then spread to their elderly parents or young kids.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 6

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

There are going to be a *lot* of daily cases. No precise numbers, for obvious reasons, but brace yourselves. I don't want this added uncertainty about "how many tested pos with ART and just never went further?". We all need to know the unvarnished full numbers, summed up over every reasonably reliable method of diagnostic testing. 

Are there no WHO obligations around this?  Can we suka suka report whatever we feel like reporting?

the other funny (as in peculiar, not haha) thing about this self ART is Kenneth Mak saying if the second test is negative, you have recovered?!? I thought the inference shd be that the first test is a false positive, but even then why wouldn’t the inference be that the second test is a false negative?

a bit errrrr….

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Basically, boils down to own social circles and socializing.

Know a few people who received QO or HRW and HRA or otherwise had to be swabbed because of close contact. More so these days when the case numbers are so high.

*Touch wood* until now, personally I never got such inconvenience. Although I still carry out normal activities.

Then realized the safety factor is probably because i have no friends or social gatherings / activities [laugh]

Done one art last friday and this Monday. Coming next art will be on Thursday.  

All because of one positive PCR in the office! 😭 Law stated must have 3 positive before mandatory wfh. Hmmm 

One stick cost around $9plus. Staff strength of 50 plus in the office building and doing the math it cost a whopping $500 per test. Do it 3 times a week? 

can we claim from government. 😱

Edited by Kopites
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Chongster said:

Are there no WHO obligations around this?  Can we suka suka report whatever we feel like reporting?

the other funny (as in peculiar, not haha) thing about this self ART is Kenneth Mak saying if the second test is negative, you have recovered?!? I thought the inference shd be that the first test is a false positive, but even then why wouldn’t the inference be that the second test is a false negative?

a bit errrrr….

With regard to testing, they probably don't want to highlight the risk of false test results (which can cut both ways). 

But a true test positive can become negative in 3 to 4 days as there is a 3 to 4 day window for maximal sensitivity for the ART. So the reversion to negativity does not automatically imply the first result was a false positive. 

• Praise 2

27 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

From the way it goes, it seems obvious that the decision making will put us at a slippery slope to hell. If we don't stem the public activities now, it's probably true that we not will be able to control things short of an economically damaging full bore CB later on.

And when I say stemming activities now, I'm not talking about a full CB you dumb f**k IBs. I'm talking about P2HA no dine-ins etc, it's the least the govt can do. Once you stop dine-ins, you give less reasons for people to visit malls etc. Restaurants closed down can always be opened up, getting an infection can have far reaching health consequences that even the G will not know until years later. 

I'm just glad that I did not give these jokers the mandate last year. What a bloody joke!

Not so many years ago, there was so much hype on Merdeka & Pioneer generation and how important these people are. They sacrificed for the country progress, blah blah blah.

Now just because they must open up for the economy, they don't care about them and are sacrificing them to Covid. Few hundred of those above the age of 60 are infected daily and will potentially need oxygen or even end up in ICU. The worse is yet to come. 

Have you ever came across so many people with Flu or Dengue that end up needing oxygen support or in ICU?

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Kopites said:

All because of one positive PCR in the office! 😭 Law stated must have 3 positive before mandatory wfh. Hmmm 

One stick cost around $9plus. Staff strength of 50 plus in the office building and doing the math it cost a whopping $500 per test. Do it 3 times a week? 

Forcing companies to adopt WFH without saying so cos F and B, taxi and Grab drivers will complain no business. 

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Buy those in 20s, 40s. Cheaper per kit.

Now many places also out of stock even if you want pay.

↡ Advertisement