COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

8 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Talking about PRC, now prc govt encouraged all of their citizens in sg to go back

i have many friends who own SME business had a few of PRC workers leaving this month back to china because worry of covid situation in sg. Even though my friends offered increment for their salary, they still refused. And my friends in SME unable to find replacement workers from china as no one want to come sg work 

Other nationalities cannot? Why must hire PRC?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Most of my prc friends said that now prc govt force its citizens thats holding dual citizenship or PR status of another country to choose side lol

so either stay at that foreign country or come back china to keep their china citizenship. Seems like they are trying to build the economy by forcing smart and rich overseas prc to come back china to contribute to their economy

But dont know how many PRC will listen and go back to China?

5 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

because these jobs no sinkies want to work

i know some companies not able to find locals too ... ie: salary at low $4K ... work long hours ... need to standby especially in operations

and the task is not sitting in aircon room shoot emails hor

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

50 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

So all these prc forced to go home means companies have to hire locals?

Sounds good to me.

:D

U want do those prc blue collar jobs meh?

Or u asking on behalf of MIL?🤪

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Because some companies have special quota for china

Its a diff quota from malaysia

think china quota same with korea and taiwan

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

It is true.

The saloon where me and son have our cheap hair cut used to have 2 prc and 2 Malaysian. My regular Malaysian hair stylist told me the 2 PRC have gone home. So due to labour shortage I got to wait. Whopping 45 minutes waiting just over the weekend.🥱

My car workshop also - the Chinese workers mostly gone, now local or Malaysian Indian mechanics....

• Praise 3

4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

because these jobs no sinkies want to work

i know some companies not able to find locals too ... ie: salary at low $4K ... work long hours ... need to standby especially in operations

and the task is not sitting in aircon room shoot emails hor

Salary at $4k still low?

Just now, Volvobrick said:

My car workshop also - the Chinese workers mostly gone, now local or Malaysian Indian mechanics....

No more malaysian chinese mechanic? I always see malaysian chinese mechanic in car workshop. I have never see PRC and indian mechanics before.

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Salary at $4k still low?

Depend on the job

if long hours no weekend days off

because local need to have family time need to have break

those foreigners no family so work all the way

also foreigners seems willing to take more hardship as they need to earn sgd in sg

• Praise 6

10 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

U want do those prc blue collar jobs meh?

Or u asking on behalf of MIL?🤪

I already doing peidu mama massage jobs.

They go home I more more business.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No more malaysian chinese mechanic? I always see malaysian chinese mechanic in car workshop. I have never see PRC and indian mechanics before.

I meant PRC Chinese mechanics. Most gone. 

Your WS must be very atas! But first time I see Indian (local or My) mechanics too. 

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Depend on the job

also foreigners seems willing to take more hardship as they need to earn sgd in sg

When i on oversea work trip to Beijing Shanghai ShenZhen i oso work very long hours and weekend as going back to hotel nothing to do..

The objective of foreigner here is to make money i guess.. i got some malaysian colleague wah biang like sell their life to the company.. standby whole day n night just to reply non-essential email to show they very on.. bosses love it.. same kampoung.. my experience with PRC at least seem much better.. they not so siao on.. they r smarter who make their brain work for their $$

For me is always about balance.. work till u die the most the company give your family a $60 wreath.. and next day you will see your position replace.. hard fact.

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I already doing peidu mama massage jobs.

They go home I more more business.

they massage you or u massage them?

They still around meh? their "kids" smelly smelly in NUS NTU liao! whahahahhahaha..

• Haha! 3

Prc go home get more good looking young ladies from the best universities from Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan and Thailand.

I know the best universities and I can help interview.

I have studied interviewing from Japanese educational videos.

11 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Depend on the job

True, but this $4k is included all the OT and allowances? Cause for people who work long hours and not much days off, they are paid OT for the extra hours they worked, so the gross salary they earned not low lo. Like my previous company, those production workers, some of the are from local. They come back to work on off/rest days, got paid for it, and even though they have less personal time and break but their gross they earned is high.

3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Prc go home get more good looking young ladies from the best universities from Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan and Thailand.

I know the best universities and I can help interview.

I have studied interviewing from Japanese educational videos.

True lah.. this environment here is to replace those at the bottom once contract up so got new faces.. but the truth is by doing so many pple happy. not say u happy only lah! 🤣

The middlemen happy; both local and oversea as they got a cut from such replacement. The company happy as they save on salary. Quality of service? please.. it is always the human fault so can minus off.. importantly the bottom line remain low.

Soon we will see price going up so call due to COVID.. i notice some F&B had raised their prices.. Transport cost up.. Employment cost up.. simi LJ oso up..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1