RadX

COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

9 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

So all these prc forced to go home means companies have to hire locals?

Sounds good to me.

:D

No good...

Now not enough PRC XJJ (小姐姐) @ Massage Palour ...... 😭

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
6 minutes ago, Twister said:

No good...

Now not enough PRC XJJ (小姐姐) @ Massage Palour ...... 😭

Oh I read prc with big assets.

Now to think of it yes big assets.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
7 hours ago, Starry said:

Has anyone actually ask why did China and HK chose that strategy? Why do they go against the grain? 

After nearly 2 years dealing with covid, I honestly do not believe that China and HK chose a zero-covid strategy out of convenience.  No one would choose to deal with lockdown for so long, especially in such a big country than to open up which is a far more lucrative route for their economy in a modern globalization era.

Externally, China closed its border.  Currently, Singaporeans has to get an invitation letter to apply for China Visa.

Internally, China is fully open except province/county with infection cases.  The lockdown is very harsh as they have ample manpower to enforce it.  To implement the same measure in Singapore, we definitely have to activate reservists.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

I wondered why many are taken by surprised with the explosion of number of cases. This is part of the process of pursuing an endemic status.

However, I believe the free test kits given out isn't helping with public anxieties since the fear of converting mild to severe in a very short time and the constant worry if possible lack of beds let alone ICU beds.

Just a curious thought:

When will be stop all these measures including restrictions? Reaching 100% vaccination? 100% of population become infected?

You see  even if everyone took precaution but sooner or later the virus will get you when your guard is down. 

The public needs to have an end point in mind and not this shifting goal post sprinkled with inconvenience and threats. There is such thing as being fatigue.

It does not seem to have an end point: new variants on the horizon, more booster shots, continue to wear masks, open borders, no reliable vaccines if there is influenza vaccine would have been made long time ago.

Please do kindly share your opinion in ST forum page.

9 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Israel tried and has failed.

6345 daily cases on 25/9.

Israel was one of the 1st to start mass vaccination with Pfizer-BioNTech

Israel was one of the 1st to allow <16 years old to us the mRNA

Israel was one of the 1st to start opening after vaccination > 70%

Now Israel is the one of the 1st to allow booster jab.

I am curious if we ever learn something from the Israeli.

Data Source: https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/israel-covid-19-cases-by-age

israel-covid-19-cases-by-age.png?v=45

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Yah though i check its 21 days but most prc friends told me it 30 days at least  heard now china don’t use mask unless those in fujian or heilongjiang china govt very strict and crazy in lockdown. Thats why their case quite good. Although that cant applies for sg as it will hurts the economy

Mask requirement had not been mandatory for long time now in China after COVID was squashed to near non existence. Most of the recent clusters are foreign imports, including the latest case in Putian, which authority suspect patient Zero an arrival from Singapore. Now, Singapore is known as the exporter of Indian variant after much vaulted "living with COVID" strategy. 😏

Supersonic

Talking about PRC, now prc govt encouraged all of their citizens in sg to go back

i have many friends who own SME business had a few of PRC workers leaving this month back to china because worry of covid situation in sg. Even though my friends offered increment for their salary, they still refused. And my friends in SME unable to find replacement workers from china as no one want to come sg work 

Thought gahment brilliant plan is to open up to attract people to come here to work and invest? So another of their brilliant plan doesnt work? And yet seems like they still think it is working and continue to work towards living with virus and open up?

Talking about PRC, now prc govt encouraged all of their citizens in sg to go back

i have many friends who own SME business had a few of PRC workers leaving this month back to china because worry of covid situation in sg. Even though my friends offered increment for their salary, they still refused. And my friends in SME unable to find replacement workers from china as no one want to come sg work 

Other nationalities cannot? Why must hire PRC?

• Praise 1

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Most of my prc friends said that now prc govt force its citizens thats holding dual citizenship or PR status of another country to choose side lol

so either stay at that foreign country or come back china to keep their china citizenship. Seems like they are trying to build the economy by forcing smart and rich overseas prc to come back china to contribute to their economy

But dont know how many PRC will listen and go back to China?

Supersonic (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

because these jobs no sinkies want to work

i know some companies not able to find locals too ... ie: salary at low $4K ... work long hours ... need to standby especially in operations

and the task is not sitting in aircon room shoot emails hor

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

Supersonic
50 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

So all these prc forced to go home means companies have to hire locals?

Sounds good to me.

U want do those prc blue collar jobs meh?

Or u asking on behalf of MIL?🤪

• Praise 1

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

Because some companies have special quota for china

Its a diff quota from malaysia

think china quota same with korea and taiwan

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

But dont know how many PRC will listen and go back to China?

U don’t listen they will not renew ur passport. U choose lor

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Kopites said:

It is true.

The saloon where me and son have our cheap hair cut used to have 2 prc and 2 Malaysian. My regular Malaysian hair stylist told me the 2 PRC have gone home. So due to labour shortage I got to wait. Whopping 45 minutes waiting just over the weekend.🥱

My car workshop also - the Chinese workers mostly gone, now local or Malaysian Indian mechanics....

• Praise 3

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

because these jobs no sinkies want to work

i know some companies not able to find locals too ... ie: salary at low $4K ... work long hours ... need to standby especially in operations

and the task is not sitting in aircon room shoot emails hor

Salary at $4k still low?

Supersonic
Just now, Volvobrick said:

My car workshop also - the Chinese workers mostly gone, now local or Malaysian Indian mechanics....

No more malaysian chinese mechanic? I always see malaysian chinese mechanic in car workshop. I have never see PRC and indian mechanics before.

Supersonic
1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Salary at $4k still low?

Depend on the job

if long hours no weekend days off

because local need to have family time need to have break

those foreigners no family so work all the way

also foreigners seems willing to take more hardship as they need to earn sgd in sg

• Praise 6

13 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

I wondered why many are taken by surprised with the explosion of number of cases. This is part of the process of pursuing an endemic status.However, I believe the free test kits given out isn't helping with public anxieties since the fear of converting mild to severe in a very short time and the constant worry if possible lack of beds let alone ICU beds. Just a curious thought:

When will be stop all these measures including restrictions? Reaching 100% vaccination? 100% of population become infected? You see  even if everyone took precaution but sooner or later the virus will get you when your guard is down. The public needs to have an end point in mind and not this shifting goal post sprinkled with inconvenience and threats. There is such thing as being fatigue.It does not seem to have an end point: new variants on the horizon, more booster shots, continue to wear masks, open borders, no reliable vaccines if there is influenza vaccine would have been made long time ago.

I have news for u - COVID19 is already "endemic". This means we need to accept its constant existence like we deal with influenza. The problem with re-classification is COVID is not an influenza and nor can be treated as such. Unless we accept far far higher death rates and hospitalisation load and  annual booster jabs, we will not be able to truly regard COVID19 as "endemic". In fact, it can be dangerously misleading.

Ash2017

Twincharged

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1