Jump to content
RadX

COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

Recommended Posts

Supercharged
4 hours ago, bsswan said:

I know one supermarket where a staff member tested positive........ even the rest of the staff didn't get told until they wondered why the whole section team was replaced.

For sure the worry was the place would close for two weeks and then on low sales.

I think there is no legal provision for the store/company to tell of cases and any such information is up to MoH etc. to declare. As you noted by government, such information is not useful since we are at 50%+ population vaccination rate. Accept/believe or not is up to the individual.

That's odd isn't it?

Instead of knowing where's safe, now we just assume it's not safe anywhere?

Maybe that's the truth but authorities can't say that directly so they have to imply :omg:

giphy.gif

SO2f.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
3 hours ago, Kopites said:

I was thinking about you.

I have just checked with my IT guy. According to them likely to be some common link that I have clicked to access. The only common between me, you, fw75 and some other brothers here is mcf... Must be your phone got infected than reposted the link here.  😤+$-"+3°€©=€[  

Clear cookies won't help. They advised me uninstall / install chrome again.

Errrrrr.............

 

 

I don't see that ad :grin:

 

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

Novavax is coming, end of the year.

 

NOVAVAX VACCINE

Responding to another question from Mr Giam on the progress of the regulatory approval for the Novavax vaccine, Dr Puthucheary said that those who are allergic to the mRNA vaccines may also choose to wait for the Novavax vaccine that the Ministry of Health (MOH) has procured and expects to be delivered by the end of the year.

MOH and the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) are working closely with Novavax to facilitate the regulatory submission for their vaccine, he said.

Singapore authorities had signed an advance purchase agreement with Novavax for its vaccine - a non-mRNA vaccine that has demonstrated high efficacy against the COVID-19 virus - in January this year.

“The review timeline will depend on the availability and submission of data by the company to HSA. While we recognise the need to facilitate timely access to the vaccine, there should be no compromise on the scientific rigour of the assessment of their quality, safety, and efficacy,” he said.

  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic (edited)

 

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/no-prior-appointment-needed-at-moderna-vaccination-centres

To further increase the convenience for all to get vaccinated, from 2 August 2021, all Singaporeans, Permanent Residents, and Long-Term Pass holders aged 18 years old and above who have not yet come forward for their first dose will be able to walk-in to any of our 11 community vaccination centres offering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine without a prior appointment. These vaccination centres are at:

  • Buona Vista Community Club
  • Hong Kah North Community Club
  • Kebun Baru Community Club
  • Kolam Ayer Community Club
  • Marsiling Community Club
  • Potong Pasir Community Club
  • Punggol 21 Community Club
  • Radin Mas Community Club
  • Tampines East Community Club
  • Woodlands Community Club
  • Tew Tee Community Club
Edited by Ender
  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
16 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Novavax is coming, end of the year.

 

NOVAVAX VACCINE

Responding to another question from Mr Giam on the progress of the regulatory approval for the Novavax vaccine, Dr Puthucheary said that those who are allergic to the mRNA vaccines may also choose to wait for the Novavax vaccine that the Ministry of Health (MOH) has procured and expects to be delivered by the end of the year.

MOH and the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) are working closely with Novavax to facilitate the regulatory submission for their vaccine, he said.

Singapore authorities had signed an advance purchase agreement with Novavax for its vaccine - a non-mRNA vaccine that has demonstrated high efficacy against the COVID-19 virus - in January this year.

“The review timeline will depend on the availability and submission of data by the company to HSA. While we recognise the need to facilitate timely access to the vaccine, there should be no compromise on the scientific rigour of the assessment of their quality, safety, and efficacy,” he said.

if more than 80% vaccinated by year end, the novavax vaccine will be used for 2nd round in 2022? since novavax cannot mix with mRNA as a booster. 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
7 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

if more than 80% vaccinated by year end, the novavax vaccine will be used for 2nd round in 2022? since novavax cannot mix with mRNA as a booster. 

Now, they are allowing those who take mRNA first dose (and experience allergy) to take Sinovac as second. So they should allow novavax mix too.

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear
1 hour ago, Ender said:

Ya, this is baffling. Suddenly relax control, numbers are coming down. 

Relax control means they wont test asymptomatic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
28 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Novavax is coming, end of the year.

 

NOVAVAX VACCINE

Responding to another question from Mr Giam on the progress of the regulatory approval for the Novavax vaccine, Dr Puthucheary said that those who are allergic to the mRNA vaccines may also choose to wait for the Novavax vaccine that the Ministry of Health (MOH) has procured and expects to be delivered by the end of the year.

MOH and the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) are working closely with Novavax to facilitate the regulatory submission for their vaccine, he said.

Singapore authorities had signed an advance purchase agreement with Novavax for its vaccine - a non-mRNA vaccine that has demonstrated high efficacy against the COVID-19 virus - in January this year.

“The review timeline will depend on the availability and submission of data by the company to HSA. While we recognise the need to facilitate timely access to the vaccine, there should be no compromise on the scientific rigour of the assessment of their quality, safety, and efficacy,” he said.

By the time Novavax reach here and approved to be use, dont know got any business or not since by year end vaccination rate should be already quite high?

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
8 hours ago, mersaylee said:

I've heard more than one case...

Also, a fren of my wife whose father was healthy all along...neber needed to see a doctor kind...ended up in hospital after the jab...an unfortunate event? Glad he survives...and hope no other lingering side effects in the long run...

I tink I better go four horse road first before head to the vaccination centre...😁

People need to understand the risk properly. When they say the chances of serious side effects is low it doesn't mean a RNG situation like spinning a wheel and see where you land on.

Albeit the chances of this happening is low, if the body cannot take it means cannot take it.

So far we have seen a number of such cases posted online but is not reflected in the news. I'm not discouraging people to avoid vaccination. But they have to understand the risk properly.

  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5th Gear
2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

At least MOH here can look at UK/Israel and also Aus/China with their totally different approaches and also precedence, and hopefully select the best path for ourselves.

But there might be hope herd immunity can work:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/28/uk-covid-cases-are-falling-despite-the-easing-of-lockdowns-surprising-the-experts.html#:~:text=Europe News-,UK Covid cases are now falling rapidly despite the easing,and it's surprising the experts&text=Despite the falling infection rates,have also continued to rise.

 

Boris, would be a bit of a lucky barstard IF it continues that way cause I still doubt he's really that smart. The good thing is there is still an awful lot of testing going on, pre-event, pre-entry etc. and free regular kits for every household.

 

Quote

 

Tests at four major railway stations in England and on intercity train services revealed no traces of COVID-19, National Rail has said.

Swabs were taken on areas most commonly touched by passengers, including escalator handles, ticket machines and benches, along with hour-long air samples to detect the virus.

 

 

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
11 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

People need to understand the risk properly. When they say the chances of serious side effects is low it doesn't mean a RNG situation like spinning a wheel and see where you land on.

Albeit the chances of this happening is low, if the body cannot take it means cannot take it.

So far we have seen a number of such cases posted online but is not reflected in the news. I'm not discouraging people to avoid vaccination. But they have to understand the risk properly.

https://www.totalhealth.co.uk/blog/are-people-getting-full-facts-covid-vaccine-risks

The original inventor of the mRNA vaccine (and DNA vaccine) core platform technology currently used to create the vaccines is Dr Robert W Malone . Dr Malone has been expressing serious concerns about how therapeutic approaches that are still in the research phase are being imposed on an ill-informed public. He says that public health leadership has, "stepped over the line and is now violating the bedrock principles which form the foundation upon which the ethics of clinical research are built".

Dr Malone asks why health leaders seem to be so afraid of sharing the adverse event data. He says, "Why is it necessary to suppress discussion and full disclosure of information concerning mRNA reactogenicity and safety risks?"

He goes onto say that we should be analysing the safety data and risks vigorously. Again he asks, "Is there information or patterns that can be found, such as the recent finding of the cardiomyopathy signals, or the latent virus reactivation signals?  We should be enlisting the best biostatistics and machine learning experts to examine these data, and the results should- no must- be made available to the public promptly".

For any drug it has always been important to have systems in place for monitoring adverse events. However, for an experimental, genetic modifying approach that has not been fully tested, and where the public are effectively the guinea pigs, this information should be immediately and readily available. As previously reported in Total Health, the fact that it is so difficult to access and make sense of the US VAERS, and UK Yellow Card reporting systems - along with low reporting simply raises further concern about what is actually happening.

 

How can people really understand the risk when everyday you see LHL and OYK harping on TV the vaccine is safe? Is it really?  Something which the lady wrote said it best:

I used to be an advocate to the COVID-19 vaccination. And was largely convinced with how safe our authorities have wanted us to believe in the vaccination. In fact, in my own course of work, I speak positively about the benefits of receiving the vaccination. I even debunked many speculations that the vaccination is unsafe and has little studies done to it. Little can I imagine for my own mother to succumb to death on the day where she received her first dose.

That's why I said there are many people, including here, like her before her mother passed away.

  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6th Gear

Siao Liao, TH 18k plus one day liao. Lockdown extend for one more month and I think we going to see 20k soon. 

Worse, I got 2 guys go customer place also kena liao. Wonder how to work if this carry on

  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

By the time Novavax reach here and approved to be use, dont know got any business or not since by year end vaccination rate should be already quite high?

Pfizer, Moderna and Novavax (after HSA approved) will be counted as “vaccinated”

Winnie not going to be happy liao [sly] 

  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
3 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Errrrrr.............

 

 

I don't see that ad :grin:

 

I just erased all chrome data. Re log in and redone all settings.

So far so good...🤔 Hope can last for a week.

  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supercharged
1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

https://www.totalhealth.co.uk/blog/are-people-getting-full-facts-covid-vaccine-risks

The original inventor of the mRNA vaccine (and DNA vaccine) core platform technology currently used to create the vaccines is Dr Robert W Malone . Dr Malone has been expressing serious concerns about how therapeutic approaches that are still in the research phase are being imposed on an ill-informed public. He says that public health leadership has, "stepped over the line and is now violating the bedrock principles which form the foundation upon which the ethics of clinical research are built".

Dr Malone asks why health leaders seem to be so afraid of sharing the adverse event data. He says, "Why is it necessary to suppress discussion and full disclosure of information concerning mRNA reactogenicity and safety risks?"

He goes onto say that we should be analysing the safety data and risks vigorously. Again he asks, "Is there information or patterns that can be found, such as the recent finding of the cardiomyopathy signals, or the latent virus reactivation signals?  We should be enlisting the best biostatistics and machine learning experts to examine these data, and the results should- no must- be made available to the public promptly".

For any drug it has always been important to have systems in place for monitoring adverse events. However, for an experimental, genetic modifying approach that has not been fully tested, and where the public are effectively the guinea pigs, this information should be immediately and readily available. As previously reported in Total Health, the fact that it is so difficult to access and make sense of the US VAERS, and UK Yellow Card reporting systems - along with low reporting simply raises further concern about what is actually happening.

 

How can people really understand the risk when everyday you see LHL and OYK harping on TV the vaccine is safe? Is it really?  Something which the lady wrote said it best:

I used to be an advocate to the COVID-19 vaccination. And was largely convinced with how safe our authorities have wanted us to believe in the vaccination. In fact, in my own course of work, I speak positively about the benefits of receiving the vaccination. I even debunked many speculations that the vaccination is unsafe and has little studies done to it. Little can I imagine for my own mother to succumb to death on the day where she received her first dose.

That's why I said there are many people, including here, like her before her mother passed away.

Our assperts here in sg are just parroting what the amdk assperts are saying. The thing is the amdk sometimes may not know what they are saying. I also can go read those information and sound like an asspert.

I do believe that the vaccine is effective in reducing the chances of being seriously ill if infected. But my concerns is more studies needs to be done to identify who are not suitable and what are the long term effects. Will we be like those people in I am legend or world war z 5 years later? 

 

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Our assperts here in sg are just parroting what the amdk assperts are saying. The thing is the amdk sometimes may not know what they are saying. I also can go read those information and sound like an asspert.

I do believe that the vaccine is effective in reducing the chances of being seriously ill if infected. But my concerns is more studies needs to be done to identify who are not suitable and what are the long term effects. Will we be like those people in I am legend or world war z 5 years later? 

 

Long term effects really nobody knows, probably not even the real experts themselves. We're possibly in the midst of the largest clinical trial in human history. 

  • Praise 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

That's why I said earlier every year pump mRNA into body huat ah.

It's like playing Russian Roulette isn't it?

BUT in the end, the benefits outweigh the risks. 

 

Honestly, with the two shots being done, I'm really not that inclined to go for the yearly booster shots, unless it's mandatory by law. It's a personal decision. 

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
13 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Our assperts here in sg are just parroting what the amdk assperts are saying. The thing is the amdk sometimes may not know what they are saying. I also can go read those information and sound like an asspert.

I do believe that the vaccine is effective in reducing the chances of being seriously ill if infected. But my concerns is more studies needs to be done to identify who are not suitable and what are the long term effects. Will we be like those people in I am legend or world war z 5 years later? 

I agree with what you said.

On the other hand, do we have the time to wait?
 

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×