COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

MOH apologises for slow conveyance in quarantine orders, communication lapses

THE Ministry of Health (MOH) has ramped up quarantine operations to handle the increased load brought about by the outbreak of the KTV and Jurong Fishery Port Covid clusters. Most of the backlog was cleared over the weekend, a spokesperson told BT on Monday.

"This surge has led to slower conveyance to government quarantine facilities and communications gaps for some persons under quarantine," said a MOH spokesperson.

"We apologise to these individuals and their families for delays and lapses. Our operations staff have been working very hard, the Ministry of Health has since ramped up our quarantine operations to handle the increased load."

BT reported last week there was speculation that the surge in cases may be straining the capacity to manage Covid-19 protocols, as Singapore residents took to online channels to vent their frustration on being picked up belatedly for quarantine.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/moh-apologises-for-slow-conveyance-in-quarantine-orders-communication-lapses

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

3 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

People need to understand the risk properly. When they say the chances of serious side effects is low it doesn't mean a RNG situation like spinning a wheel and see where you land on.

Albeit the chances of this happening is low, if the body cannot take it means cannot take it.

So far we have seen a number of such cases posted online but is not reflected in the news. I'm not discouraging people to avoid vaccination. But they have to understand the risk properly.

There is obvious bias by G all over the world to sell vaccination as the antidote towards a return to normalcy.   

As a layman, we will never fully understand and be able to quantify the long term risk of various Covid vaccines.  Just have to rely on experts (presumably based on known science, clinical trials and etc.) and hope for the best.  Reading up and making oneself an expert? I don't even understand half the stuff in there.  😂

Delta is however clear and present danger to all.  I doubt G will impose another hard lockdown like in China and Australia unless medical resources are about to be overwhelmed.

Based on current data that vaccination reduces severe symptoms, the higher our vaccination rate, the less options for the unvaccinated. Don't need to think so much. 😂

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Between getting delta and mRNA?

I rather get mRNA with all the associated risk and unknowns.

The effects of getting delta is very well known.

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

3 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Long term effects really nobody knows, probably not even the real experts themselves. We're possibly in the midst of the largest clinical trial in human history. 

Maybe that is why no one is talking on the long term effects of the vaccine. 😅

All they can say now is to tell people vaccine can effectively reduce the chances and risk of becoming seriously ill once infected lo.

• Praise 2

34-year-old Ukrainian man dies of Covid-19 complications, brings S’pore’s death toll to 38

SINGAPORE — A 34-year-old Ukrainian man died on Sunday (Aug 1) from complications due to Covid-19.

In a media statement on Monday, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said that the man is a seafarer who arrived in Singapore on board a vessel on July 29.

The man had developed a fever, cough and lethargy on July 25 and subsequently breathlessness on July 31.

MOH said that he was taken from the vessel to Singapore General Hospital on Aug 1 and confirmed to have Covid-19 infection on the same day.

There are now 38 people here who have died after contracting the coronavirus.

On Monday, Singapore recorded 111 new Covid-19 cases.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/34-year-old-ukrainian-man-dies-covid-19-complications-brings-spores-death-toll-38?cid=telegram_tg-single_social-free_26012019_today

• Sad 2

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, 13177 said:

By the time Novavax reach here and approved to be use, dont know got any business or not since by year end vaccination rate should be already quite high?

By then might be time for booster shot, so I'll take that novavax please [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

At least MOH here can look at UK/Israel and also Aus/China with their totally different approaches and also precedence, and hopefully select the best path for ourselves.

But there might be hope herd immunity can work:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/28/uk-covid-cases-are-falling-despite-the-easing-of-lockdowns-surprising-the-experts.html#:~:text=Europe News-,UK Covid cases are now falling rapidly despite the easing,and it's surprising the experts&text=Despite the falling infection rates,have also continued to rise.

What is so surprising? I agree what was posted here earlier, that the earlier "waves" in the UK most likely have wiped out huge numbers of the vulnerable people in their population. Those left today are probably already exposed to the extent of being asymptomatic or having mild symptoms that passed and they recovered, so they have the immunity.

This is the macabre but undeniable fact: covid cases will fall once it has "thinned the herd". We'll see this at work in those countries with high death toll.

Edited by Sosaria

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Raubern said:

34-year-old Ukrainian man dies of Covid-19 complications, brings S’pore’s death toll to 38

SINGAPORE — A 34-year-old Ukrainian man died on Sunday (Aug 1) from complications due to Covid-19.

In a media statement on Monday, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said that the man is a seafarer who arrived in Singapore on board a vessel on July 29.

The man had developed a fever, cough and lethargy on July 25 and subsequently breathlessness on July 31.

MOH said that he was taken from the vessel to Singapore General Hospital on Aug 1 and confirmed to have Covid-19 infection on the same day.

There are now 38 people here who have died after contracting the coronavirus.

On Monday, Singapore recorded 111 new Covid-19 cases.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/34-year-old-ukrainian-man-dies-covid-19-complications-brings-spores-death-toll-38?cid=telegram_tg-single_social-free_26012019_today

per US cases, delta is killing the young, unlike alpha.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Between getting delta and mRNA?

I rather get mRNA with all the associated risk and unknowns.

The effects of getting delta is very well known.

:D

Many people here still take it easy, bcuz they don't see Covid first hand experience. They are just seeing numbers and data.

But delta Covid is very serious, and it kills. 

When it comes, you have no chance to say "Wait, I will decide to take vaccine now"

It's too late.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 7

Very much overboard imo. Uniquely singapore.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/nick-mikhail-covid-19-ura-safe-distancing-officers-warrant-15364158

"Safe distancing enforcement officers can enter, inspect and search "various premises, including residences", without a warrant to check that COVID-19 regulations are being complied with, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said on Monday (Aug 2)."

Edited by Kopites
  • Shocked 1

Supercharged
50 minutes ago, Kopites said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/nick-mikhail-covid-19-ura-safe-distancing-officers-warrant-15364158

"Safe distancing enforcement officers can enter, inspect and search "various premises, including residences", without a warrant to check that COVID-19 regulations are being complied with, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said on Monday (Aug 2)."

Don't see how that is overboad. Police officers were present when they entered the house. 

And they were only checking for additional people. Not like they ransack the house and go beyond what is necessary to determine if there are other people in the premise. 

I would say the entire process takes less than 15 mins? 

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

How come URA more powerful than Police ? ....... :slow:

Police needs a Search Warrant to enter a premises or at least a rank of ASP (so called walking warrant). :we-all-gonna-die:

Didn't know that URA can enter withouts search warrant. Police officer can enter only when chasing after a criminal who had committed a serious offences to prevent an escape.   :wut:

Since when more than 2 visitors (under HA 2) visiting a household becomes a "Serious Criminal Offence". They can always ambush outside to catch them red handed ... :yuush:  

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

All follow law and procedure, why overboard?

Seems to me just another wannabe attention seeker.. small time local actor making a mountain out of a molehill.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Police needs a Search Warrant to enter a premises or at least a rank of ASP (so called walking warrant). :we-all-gonna-die:

Didn't know that URA can enter withouts search warrant. Police officer can enter only when chasing after a criminal who had committed a serious offences to prevent an escape.   :wut:

Since when more than 2 visitors (under HA 2) visiting a household becomes a "Serious Criminal Offence". They can always ambush outside to catch them red handed ... :yuush:  

I think the biggest difference is with a police search warrant, u can enter n Search whereas URA can only enter n check aka see see look look, a world of difference lah..

If some one complain me noisy or having to many guest at home, URA come my place check n i let them in to see see look look, to me is the right thing to do.

Same like NEA come ur house inspect n check for mosquito breeding spots, also ok to me.

Edited by Cheesey74
  • Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Precisely. 

Yes . The key word "criminal".

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

I think the biggest difference is with a police search warrant, u can enter n Search whereas URA can only enter n check aka see see look look, a world of difference lah..

If some one complain me noisy or having to many guest at home, URA come my place check n i let them in to see see look look, to me is the right thing to do.

Same like NEA come ur house inspect n check for mosquito breeding spots, also ok to me.

Than take a peek at the walk in closet, bomb shelter, toilets, all room, under the bed. Underground dungeon.....?

• Haha! 1