COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

Just now, Volvobrick said:

So true... happened to me. Can be triggered by stress.

I also kenna recently. Lucky I took the Shingles vaccine. 

What age did it happened to you? Did you take vaccine?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Since they wanted to add this new group of people to freely enter into our home, I did a search to find out what it takes to be a "Safe-distancing enforcement officers". This is what I found. What's to prevent these people from abusing their power?

Safe Distancing Enforcement Officer (Contract)

$2,500to$3,500 Monthly

Job Description:

• Enforcement of Safe Distancing Measures
  • Conduct ground investigations on breaches of COVID-19 Regulations
  • Record statements and obtain available evidences to establish facts and circumstances of breaches from relevant persons
  • Administer enforcement action against offenders on the spot
  • Put up reports and handle appeal cases

Requirements:

• Diploma or higher qualification, with at least 1 year of work experience
  • Good investigation skills with eyes for details
  • Able to work independently as well as in a team
  • Possesses good interpersonal and communication skills
  • Required to work under varying weather conditions and be on your feet for several hours at a time
  • Willing to work during weekends and public holidays when necessary

https://www.mycareersfuture.gov.sg/job/security/safe-distancing-enforcement-officer-polwel-co-operative-society-b41905a02102fc9201a85b2713f1a911

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

you so young can take the shingles vaccine?

My GP told me for people above 60 

• Praise 3

Just now, Fcw75 said:

Early 40's. Was so difficult to diagnose as it happened to lower abdomen (not so common). Thought a growth there with throbbing pain. Did ultra sound and MRI (all wasted) and finally some doctor friend asked me to check for spots!  I think I took Zovirax or something like that for treatment. No I was not vaccinated against it. 

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Chickenpox virus doesn’t really go away. It’s hidden in the spine and will come out say hello as Shingles in your 40s and 50s. 😁

i can vouch for that..😫

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 3
  • Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

you so young can take the shingles vaccine?

My GP told me for people above 60 

I took it when I was 40. Kenna it when I was 46. 

Take it earlier. Shingles outbreak are painful because it affect the nerve system. 

Now there's 2. The one I took was Zostavax, I think efficacy only 50+%.

There's a newer one called Shingrix, read that it's over 90%. 

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/new-shingles-vaccine-shingrix-zostavax/#:~:text=Shingrix is 97% effective at,also stays effective for longer.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

28 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Early 40's. Was so difficult to diagnose as it happened to lower abdomen (not so common). Thought a growth there with throbbing pain. Did ultra sound and MRI (all wasted) and finally some doctor friend asked me to check for spots!  I think I took Zovirax or something like that for treatment. No I was not vaccinated against it. 

Yes, there will be blisters and it's painful man. 

Treatment is Zovirax and apply a cream. 

21 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

i can vouch for that..😫

What age did you kenna bro? Got take vaccine? 

38 minutes ago, Didu said:

Since they wanted to add this new group of people to freely enter into our home, I did a search to find out what it takes to be a "Safe-distancing enforcement officers". This is what I found. What's to prevent these people from abusing their power?

$2,500to$3,500 Monthly

Job Description:

• Record statements and obtain available evidences to establish facts and circumstances of breaches from relevant persons

Requirements:

• Required to work under varying weather conditions and be on your feet for several hours at a time

https://www.mycareersfuture.gov.sg/job/security/safe-distancing-enforcement-officer-polwel-co-operative-society-b41905a02102fc9201a85b2713f1a911

I feel it is slippery slope.  Cos what if people claiming to be SDE demand to enter your house and what if only the elderly are at home? While I think most of us would tell our elderly parents or maids what to do, some might not know.

Scammer and thieves can always pose as govt officials and frankly, even if they showed a fake ID card, some might not recognise it. And with all these new laws, even greater confusion.

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

What age did you kenna bro? Got take vaccine? 

i got chickenpox before 20 but it never bloomed.. just mild... cannot see blister... then after that always got small shingles here and there.. small small.. never big big luckily..

all my life now come and go... i never see doctor for it.. can take vaccine now?

8 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I feel it is slippery slope.  Cos what if people claiming to be SDE demand to enter your house and what if only the elderly are at home? While I think most of us would tell our elderly parents or maids what to do, some might not know.

Scammer and thieves can always pose as govt officials and frankly, even if they showed a fake ID card, some might not recognise it. And with all these new laws, even greater confusion.

i agree 100%

Supercharged
4 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Although SDA can enter premise to check. I doubt they will do that on their own without police presence.  

SDA are not some covert operators ya. They are just regular people hired for this. Some could even be civil servants roster to do this. 

What you said can be true. If in doubt, can always call police and wait for them to arrive before allowing SDA in to check. 

9 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

i got chickenpox before 20 but it never bloomed.. just mild... cannot see blister... then after that always got small shingles here and there.. small small.. never big big luckily..

all my life now come and go... i never see doctor for it.. can take vaccine now?

Wah you very lucky.

Haha, I also don’t know. Have to ask the doctors here.

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
23 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Elderly folks and domestic helpers still not too bad. Some bros have sexy wives at home, liddat very stress one you know?  😖 How to focus on work??

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Didu said:

$2,500to$3,500 Monthly

Job Description:

Requirements:

Salary can earn up to $3.5k? Consider not bad le.

• Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Take it earlier. Shingles outbreak are painful because it affect the nerve system. 

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/new-shingles-vaccine-shingrix-zostavax/#:~:text=Shingrix is 97% effective at,also stays effective for longer.

Took the vaccine still kenna.. 50+% is like Sinovac efficacy.. LOL

• Haha! 2

40 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Shingles vaccine can last for how long after jab? Dont think many people aware of  Shingles vaccine or will go take this vaccine?!

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

Although SDA can enter premise to check. I doubt they will do that on their own without police presence.  

SDA are not some covert operators ya. They are just regular people hired for this. Some could even be civil servants roster to do this. 

What you said can be true. If in doubt, can always call police and wait for them to arrive before allowing SDA in to check. 

One thing I need to comment.  Generally we singaporeans are very trusting of people in the govt. Yes, we kpkb the govt.  I vote ahem all the time.  But I also don't believe i will go all out to make things difficult for the G.  I work I healthcare, even more I dont make things difficult for govt servants.

So my point is, most of us are like that. So if someone claiming to be from the G wants to enter our house (and the news say it is allowed), I believe only a few of us will actually say let's wait for police to come before you enter. 

So this is the potential weakness that criminals will exploit.  People might be on their guard if the media says SDE cannot enter houses without police presence but since they didn't, they might let down their guard

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1