COVID-19: Back to the Future Phase 2 (HA) 22July to 18Aug..

RadX

20 hours ago, 13177 said:

HK approach is different. They never push their population to get a high vaccination rate before they open up to outside, and now they open up to vaccinated tourists to enter HK? 

I think same for US, they asked mexicans to come to US for vaccination holiday...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Just now, Beanoyip said:

Partly because under 40s are NOT eligible for ANY vaccines until few days ago.. the message here is confusing and misleading... vaccination rollout here has been a shamble! 

ok ... i mean those AMDK that still firmly consider unvax because their tua kee-ness can tahan covid ... better think twice ... thrice ... 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

After 2-3 weeks of HA, logically it will go down. If cannot go down then we really have to tighten CB liao.

Give another 2-3 weeks to be back to square one [laugh]

Who's going to first start saying dine-in for Group of 5 allowed again? 

Businesses cannot tahan this kind of open-close-open-close-open-close ad infinitum. F&B owners and workers playing musical chairs and tables rearrangements every few weeks. The employees also, rather than take the unpredictability of next months' paycheques - better to sign up as SDA for more stable income, right?

Opening up for a few weeks will just reveal yet other loopholes that no one is aware of at this point in time.

True lo, now cases come down, and then they resume dine-in and some activities, then after a while some big cluster might happen again. And then they would tighten the measures again. Looks like no solution on this? Maybe even vaccination rate reached 80% also cannot guaranteed if big cluster will occur again?

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Yewheng said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/8-bus-drivers-positive-for-covid-19-as-at-july-30-lta-says-no-impact-on-bus?utm_campaign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

8 bus drivers also tio covid-19. Probably those pax who took these busses will also need to be quarantine or at least need to go to do swab test?

Bus drivers got it but if people are well masked, chances are low also. My my office cleaner also kena i siam. my driver kena I also siam. I think cos I never unmask and face to face with people lor.

Keep good habit, talk to people softly and at a distant, never touch your mask and then touch your face. Or even don't anyhow touch things. Wash hands regularly. Remove mask when home, and dispose it appropriately. I almost become a robot on this liao. Donno when this will end😥

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

True lo, now cases come down, and then they resume dine-in and some activities, then after a while some big cluster might happen again. And then they would tighten the measures again. Looks like no solution on this? Maybe even vaccination rate reached 80% also cannot guaranteed if big cluster will occur again?

It depends......at what point/time does the government stop counting?

If they go full endemic, unlikely at the moment, it means they stop monitoring cases and clusters completely and only monitor who and how many arrive at the hospital. The question is when, and we're too early for now, but if nothing changes in the make-up of the variants, this is the final goal.

The ban on visitors to hospital wards protects the most vulnerable even if everybody outside gets some reduced restrictions.

• Praise 1

45 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Bus drivers got it but if people are well masked, chances are low also. My my office cleaner also kena i siam. my driver kena I also siam. I think cos I never unmask and face to face with people lor.

Keep good habit, talk to people softly and at a distant, never touch your mask and then touch your face. Or even don't anyhow touch things. Wash hands regularly. Remove mask when home, and dispose it appropriately. I almost become a robot on this liao. Donno when this will end😥

Congratulations! You are the minority that has successfully embraced change for the future :grin:

giphy.gif?cid=dc79c357d783e24af064194773

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, bsswan said:

The ban on visitors to hospital wards protects the most vulnerable even if everybody outside gets some reduced restrictions.

I am just thinking if this is coincidence or it is part of the plan to pressure the unvaxxed elderly in hospital to vaccinate.  The pressure will be greater because the family will not be around.

20210804_201518.jpg

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I am just thinking if this is coincidence or it is part of the plan to pressure the unvaxxed elderly in hospital to vaccinate.  The pressure will be greater because the family will not be around.

20210804_201518.jpg

Ooo, definitely the start of a potential conspiracy theory.

I'm okay with preventing ward visitors, but sorry term only.

1 hour ago, Beanoyip said:

Any idea when is SG's target of hitting 80% fully vaccinated?

Is it 80% of the population or 80% of the population above 12?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/624913/singapore-population-by-age-group/

Going by this, if its 80% of the population and not merely 80% above 12, almost literally everyone in Singapore above 12 must be jabbed to hit 80%

https://www.straitstimes.com/multimedia/graphics/2021/06/singapore-covid-vaccination-tracker/index.html?shell

2/3 still makes sense.  But of cos, they can always increase the percentages.  Or start jabbing younger children.  Nothing makes sense anymore. 

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

32 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Is it 80% of the population or 80% of the population above 12?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/624913/singapore-population-by-age-group/

Going by this, if its 80% of the population and not merely 80% above 12, almost literally everyone in Singapore above 12 must be jabbed to hit 80%

https://www.straitstimes.com/multimedia/graphics/2021/06/singapore-covid-vaccination-tracker/index.html?shell

2/3 still makes sense.  But of cos, they can always increase the percentages.  Or start jabbing younger children.  Nothing makes sense anymore. 

Currently, close to 64% is fully vaccinated.

80% of population is not too far fetched.

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Currently, close to 64% is fully vaccinated.

80% of population is not too far fetched.

I think need to be clear, 64% of ELIGIBLE population vaccinated.. 

I reckon 80% should be by Oct/Nov?

↡ Advertisement