Student taken to hospital after falling from height at At Joseph's Institution: Police

Fitvip

3 hours ago, BanCoe said:

@D3badge 

i see the video's - my balls x 2 drop😅  

Faster pick up and don't see anymore,  wait drop again.... [:p][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Faster pick up and don't see anymore,  wait drop again.... [:p][laugh][laugh]

Got Nike Air cum bungee both ways …..can bounce 🤣 ………. Just Do It

• Haha! 1

(edited)

The pros.

This group with years of training.

Water

Roof.

Not for the faint hearted.

Do not try.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Tianmo said:

In NS when they tell us "do anything but dont get caught" is about flexibility, but they also tell us "if you are caught you will be deal with" and that is responsibility.  So if you want to be flexible and do things outside what is permissible, you must be prepare to have the courage to be responsible. This has nothing to do with smart or not. 

1) students to behave in front of teachers is discipline. And it apply not only to teachers, it apply to the whole school and anywhere when you are in school uniform. Being naughty depends on how close the teacher student relation and/or how rebellious the student is.  This has nothing to do with smart or not.

2) assess the environment and our level of experience, that is proficiency. Want to do something naughty and dont want to fail at it, that you have to be good at it. Nothing to do with smart or not. 

You mentioned "actually it is not very smart to do it in school. 1, get in trouble unnecessarily. 2, the environment for pakour in the school maybe less suited as the cement is dusty and slippery",  and now you are saying "doing it in school can be done. do it when no one is around like school break. break down the moves in parts and practice".  The two statements dont sound synchronize. 

In NS you get caught you take responsibility is of cos. but be smart about it. dont do things that risk out weigh benefit or leave trace. i think lots of unspoken conditions left to soldier. this we ah bengs brand as "thinking soldier" not the official one they tell us. lol. not smart dont think. just follow law. it has everything to do with being smart or not. (but this is up to you to interpret)

1. if a student is naughty/playful, it is up to them to choose when and how they are playful. you dont play pranks when the DM is around. there is a time and place and most people will be "smart" to choose the time and place. not sure if there is a better english word to describe choosing an appropriate time and place as being smart or being careful. but OK I give up this point because knowing when to do something or not is obviously nothing to do with being "smart" or whatever.

2. approach a new problem, learn how to solve need to use thinking. pakour need to plan the string of movements together. it is like a puzzle. I recognise that people with skills invest lots of time to build up proficiency. these skills need some level of "smart" or "thinking ability" to develop. like pakour, soccer player, magician, carpenter. these are not robot skills where being proficient is enough. to me these people i consider has developed ability by training and used a lot of thinking. I also can give up this point also since you consider abilities is just proficiency. no level of "smart" or "intelligence" needed.

I mention not very smart to do it in school because the environment at the time has teachers around, other students may see you and follow the action or may report you or film you. (sorry not being clear) But as a pakour, and not a student, any built environment is a playground. who will catch you? policeman? maybe. play pakour at private property? smart or not i dont know, wait policeman catch then ask him smart or not. 

Edited by Nolicense

3 hours ago, Kopites said:

It can be fun and exciting if doing it the correct way. Safety and regulations.

was this what was happening? doing it from the fourth floor.... rather than ground level is big difference

Twincharged
9 hours ago, BanCoe said:

@D3badge 

i see the video's - my balls x 2 drop😅  

ownself check ownself

ownself pawn ownself

now we know BanCoe balls are detachable.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Smart or stupid has nothing to do with being naughty I think.... 

Or defiant. Or reckless. Or anti-authority.:D:D
Like wearing fanciful sports shoes or long pants to school...

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

ownself check ownself

ownself pawn ownself

now we know BanCoe balls are detachable.

Tks for your conspermation ; at least they can reattach 🤣 

• Haha! 1

Many people cannot take the stress liao. Fall from height - yesterday at Blk 231 Pasir Ris, today at Blk 4 Bedok South.😥

• Shocked 2

40 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Many people cannot take the stress liao. Fall from height - yesterday at Blk 231 Pasir Ris, today at Blk 4 Bedok South.😥

got patrol bedok reservoir? there also many people go

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Kopites said:

The pros.

This group with years of training.

Water

Roof.

Not for the faint hearted.

Do not try.

Monkey also lose to them! Respect!! [laugh]

Hey, maybe this is definitive proof of evolution, it's still deep deep in our genetic code to be able to jump and swing around at heights like that.

↡ Advertisement