Monthly/fortnightly HDB Carpark Washing Dirtying Car

RachelKim

Hi everyone,

I usually dont drive much in the day due to WFH these days and over the past year or so, i find that around every two weeks to a month the HDB carparking washing always causes a lot of dirt/stains/spatter to the car when left parked there.

I preferred to keep my stuff clean, and i always do a wash monthly, so this is kinda annoying. Also there stains caused by the carpark wash are often hard to remove due to a combination of dirt, oil, tar and soap mixued and and left to be dried up by the time i discover them. 

Hoping to seek other's experiences if there is anything that can be done about it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Obvious solution is car cover. Autobacs can get. Only troublesome with some risk of theft. Also some complete penises will decide to vandalise your car if they see it's covered. This is the true Sinkie pandemic - green eyed pettiness. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
17 minutes ago, RachelKim said:

Hi everyone,

I usually dont drive much in the day due to WFH these days and over the past year or so, i find that around every two weeks to a month the HDB carparking washing always causes a lot of dirt/stains/spatter to the car when left parked there.

I preferred to keep my stuff clean, and i always do a wash monthly, so this is kinda annoying. Also there stains caused by the carpark wash are often hard to remove due to a combination of dirt, oil, tar and soap mixued and and left to be dried up by the time i discover them. 

Hoping to seek other's experiences if there is anything that can be done about it.

There is like waterless wash solution, just spray on and wipe off. So you can regularly clean your car without those dirt and grime.

But the cloth you use for the wiping will be extremely dirty, the dirt have to go somewhere. hahha. SO you might end up having a lot of washing cloth.

https://shopee.sg/Bulls-One-First-Class-Waterless-Easy-Car-Wash-Cleaner-550ml-i.76199478.5686166536?position=92&__hybrid_pc__=1&stm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fshopee.sg%2Fsearch%3Fkeyword%3Dwaterless%20car%20wash%26page%3D1%26trackingId%3Dsearchhint-1627023027-437bf1bc-eb82-11eb-8839-08f1ea7c4584

I tried this before. not bad lah. Leaves a nice smell also. But if you intend to do it regularly, then get those big bottle one then refill back. I think cost wise, is more worth it.

And this cannot replace normal car wash, you still gotta wash every 2 weeks like you used to. 🙂

• Praise 1

What cp are you talking about? Open or mscp?

If mscp just park at the upper/lower decks where there are lesser cars. The cleaners usually only clean the decks that are dirty. Those decks that are not commonly used they will just do sweeping. They are not lazy like what I hear from ppl but you know, not to waste water.

I never had a problem myself or heard of people having problem with carpark washing so I am not sure if yours is a special case due to unique environment or the folks doing things differently.

Can check with them when is the date for washing and just park car at deck with less cars. For mine hdb mscp, the top half decks are very empty and I had never seen those floors wet so I think they don't wash there. You always wash your car monthly, so just time it after they wash the carpark. Your problem seems easy to solve.

• Praise 2

(edited)

The trick is not to clean the car. I have not washed the car since Covid set in. Usually, the sky cleans for me. Whenever it rains heavily, I would drive it out and have it cleaned. Last week, it was "washed" twice on my way home!🤣

Nb. if you happen to be at the car park when they wash the place, they are ever willing to help jet your car!

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic

Either park on the higher deck, or just go wash your car after they have wash the carpark lo.

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

The trick is not to clean the car. I have not washed the car since Covid set in. Usually, the sky cleans for me. Whenever it rains heavily, I would drive it out and have it cleaned. Last week, it was "washed" twice on my way home!🤣

Nb. if you happen to be at the car park when they wash the place, they are ever willing to help jet your car!

When it rains, it mean wash🤣

• Haha! 2

Just now, Thaiyotakamli said:

It takes some effort to go to car park to drive it out. Not automatic, unless it is an open air car park!😂

• Haha! 1

Just need to find out the washing schedule from town council, and coincide your monthly washing right after the MSCP washing. Problem solved. Otherwise, park elsewhere when they are washing the MSCP.

• Praise 1

Change to the SUV. the increased in car body height not only helps in ponding. 😂

Or like some said, park at upper decks. Upper decks are usually cleaner. i used to park in upper deck and no such issues. But then again, i seldom wash car so cant tell the difference. 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

If the MSCP topmost floor is those open-air type.

Now many new precinct MSCPs topmost level is garden.

• Praise 1

Find a boyfriend lo. Get him to wash your car for you.

If the ah neh cleaner is yandao enough you can seduce him to wash your car every night.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 6

21 hours ago, RachelKim said:

Hi everyone,

For stains, you can use a car polish to remove.  I am using this - https://www.meguiars.com.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=206  Remember to do this only when the car's surface is cool.

After each car wash, I apply a coating of wax.  I am using this - https://www.meguiars.com.sg/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=129   This is a spray on/wipe off type of wax which is effortless to apply.  A coating of wax after each wash will make stain removal really easy afterwards.

Hope this is helpful.

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 7/23/2021 at 3:36 PM, Fitvip said:

u do know that rain water causes more damage than it helps? Because when rain falls, it collects pollutants and contaminants from the air and form what is known as acid rain, which etch its way into the paint and damage the car’s surface.

What’s left is essentially a thin layer of pollutants and the longer you leave them there, the more damage it can inflict on the paint surface and it does not have enough pressure to wipe the dirty stains off. It will also leave water spots on the car. Just my 2cents from personal experience.

Edited by lexiton
  • Praise 2

20 minutes ago, lexiton said:

u do know that rain water causes more damage than it helps? Because when rain falls, it collects pollutants and contaminants from the air and form what is known as acid rain, which etch its way into the paint and damage the car’s surface.

What’s left is essentially a thin layer of pollutants and the longer you leave them there, the more damage it can inflict on the paint surface and it does not have enough pressure to wipe the dirty stains off. It will also leave water spots on the car. Just my 2cents from personal experience.

No issue. The paintwork can withstand it.

(edited)
On 7/23/2021 at 2:31 PM, RachelKim said:

Hi everyone,

The cleaning team is doing their job. As you have said, there is dirt/oil/tar and they need to clean up the car park to make the environment better for everyone.

The cleaning staff also wish your car isn't there to impede their work. Like someone suggested, find out the schedule and move your car elsewhere if you don't want your car to be dirtied, or if you can't be bothered to move, then either live with a dirty car or get it washed. Don't behave like an entitled citizen. Take care of your own problems.

Nothing to be annoyed about. 

Edited by Toeknee_33
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8