Frameless Carplate

kurrent

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Pictures? Easier to understand. 
anyway the statutes only say the plate must be secured properly. It never say must use screws. If double side tape is strong enough I don’t see why not. 
same with the bloody IU. I’m sure the plastic plate is lighter than the IU anytime. 
worse case is just cut off the tops of the screw and then glue it on the plate to make it look like secured by screws. 

Something like this? This is not advertising, just want to show the pot belly car plate.

1BC3635D-BC87-4C77-9676-7A9E0730C06D.jpeg

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
10 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Something like this? This is not advertising, just want to show the pot belly car plate.

1BC3635D-BC87-4C77-9676-7A9E0730C06D.jpeg

maybe. but in the end why spend this sort of money and take a risk. plate only... just use the standard templates and be done. don't understand those who like to use small fonts... just asking to be fined only.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
15 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

maybe. but in the end why spend this sort of money and take a risk. plate only... just use the standard templates and be done. don't understand those who like to use small fonts... just asking to be fined only.

Yah very strange to spend money or even effort on car plate. Car plate doesn't do shit for car performance or prestige.

Better spend the time look for more money to buy higher end badge car.

Or spend the money on good fuel, good servicing... at least it is better investment.

• Praise 3

(edited)

The last thing I need is to have my license plate to be conspicous to many. 

Wordings that protrude is so 70s. 

I prefer flat or embossed type. 

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 2

39 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Flat clear acrylic type is easiest to keep clean. Embossed type the black paint may come off after some years. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
40 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Actually I like those 70s plate. For period correctness with old cars. Anyway I don’t think anyone does it now. 

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Flat clear acrylic type is easiest to keep clean. Embossed type the black paint may come off after some years. 

I have come to realized that the paint would always outlast my ownership. Darn... 

Supercharged
25 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Maybe next time I will change to flat acrylic ones instead. My embossed car plate’s black got scratched and the black paint is coming out. Thanks all for your kind advice! 

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
33 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Maybe next time I will change to flat acrylic ones instead. My embossed car plate’s black got scratched and the black paint is coming out. Thanks all for your kind advice! 

Acrylic ones are cheaper but sometimes they don’t paste the lettering properly and then will be some paint bleeding. Don’t like it. Rather pay a tad more for the embossed ones. 
however the embossed ones from Borneo motors are lousy. The white paint will fade within 2years. 

Neutral Newbie

@Daniu82 from what I've heard, pot belly won't pass during inspection. But I have not heard of anyone who was caught on the roads for using it. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Acrylic ones are cheaper but sometimes they don’t paste the lettering properly and then will be some paint bleeding. Don’t like it. Rather pay a tad more for the embossed ones. 
however the embossed ones from Borneo motors are lousy. The white paint will fade within 2years. 

Any places to recommend to make legal car plates? 

Can try gary art sign at bt batok or chuan heng at sing ming? Not advertising or affiliated with them. Just some of the shop i came across earlier. 🙂 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
4 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

Any places to recommend to make legal car plates? 

I have always done mine at kwang wah signcrafts opposite LTA sin Ming. Embossed type. Good stuff so far. I saw him use a European branded blank. Can’t remember the name but it was quality stuff. 
I did a acrylic one at SGC Johnson sticker at ubi and quality was so so but I was selling the car with new number(kept my old plate) so couldn’t care less. 

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1